Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Eskimos 2018 Season and Grey Cup 2018

I'd rather C2E than work!

Calgary won't be sitting anyone out, when they play Winnipeg!

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    ... The CFL has never been beyond game throwing and almost any team that feels like it can, does, to jockey playoff matchups. Theres been instances of teams seemingly intent on the crossover and some games where it seemed like both clubs were trying to lose.
    What a load of baloney. The CFL doesn't "throw games."
    Not the CFL, obviously but member teams. I'm highly suspicious. This has been happening for years. Teams seemingly jockeying for position and throwing games. Do you really think the same Riders team that are clearly along with Calgary the Cup favorites actually played with any intensity in the 31-0 Bombers win?

That was a game DESIGNED to have the Bombers as the W Semifinal opponent and mark it down the Riders will bet the Bombers if they face them in the playoffs. The riders beat Calgary just last night and for the 2nd time this season. The Riders have the best D in the league and any time they have any offense they win.

if you didn't watch the 31-0 game you should, and get back to me and tell me no teams in this league ever purposely throw a game. We have the stamps several years running not even dressing starters typically in their last few games. They treat them as end of the season exhibition games.
    There's a huge difference between throwing games and resting veterans when you don't need the points and don't want to risk injury prior to the playoffs.

Saskatchewan got beat. The Bombers beat them. Nobody threw a game. You've ventured into conspiracy theory territory.

Two weeks earlier the Bombers beat the Eskimos 30-3 at Commonwealth. Did the Eskimos throw that game too?
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

... The CFL has never been beyond game throwing and almost any team that feels like it can, does, to jockey playoff matchups. Theres been instances of teams seemingly intent on the crossover and some games where it seemed like both clubs were trying to lose.
    What a load of baloney. The CFL doesn't "throw games."
    Not the CFL, obviously but member teams. I'm highly suspicious. This has been happening for years. Teams seemingly jockeying for position and throwing games. Do you really think the same Riders team that are clearly along with Calgary the Cup favorites actually played with any intensity in the 31-0 Bombers win?

That was a game DESIGNED to have the Bombers as the W Semifinal opponent and mark it down the Riders will bet the Bombers if they face them in the playoffs. The riders beat Calgary just last night and for the 2nd time this season. The Riders have the best D in the league and any time they have any offense they win.

if you didn't watch the 31-0 game you should, and get back to me and tell me no teams in this league ever purposely throw a game. We have the stamps several years running not even dressing starters typically in their last few games. They treat them as end of the season exhibition games.
    There's a huge difference between throwing games and resting veterans when you don't need the points and don't want to risk injury prior to the playoffs.

Saskatchewan got beat. The Bombers beat them. Nobody threw a game. You've ventured into conspiracy theory territory.

Two weeks earlier the Bombers beat the Eskimos 30-3 at Commonwealth. Did the Eskimos throw that game too?
    The Eskimos have a crap club. On a bad day they can get blown out. The Riders are arguably the best team in the country, having beat the Stamps Twice. The difference is the Eskimos were playing extremely poorly, losing games, when they face Winnipeg. The Esks were on downward spiral. This was not the case with the Riders. The result they had with Winnipeg was an anomaly. An astounding result. I wasn't even shocked when the Bombers clobbered us. I expected it.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

I see that Terry Jones is questioning the longevity beyond two weeks from now, of Jason Maas and Mike Benevides.

But really, is the architect of this train wreck not Sucks Blunderland? Or Len Rhodes (to ruin)?

It was Rhodes who canned Ed Hervey. And was Maas such a terrible coach when he had an offensive coordinator? I'd really like to know whose great idea it was to have Maas perform both functions.

As for Benvenides? Well, my previous words stand. Get him and his backwards baseball cap on the next airplane outta town.
    ... gobsmacked

Quote Originally Posted by McBoo View Post
    I see that Terry Jones is questioning the longevity beyond two weeks from now, of Jason Maas and Mike Benevides.

But really, is the architect of this train wreck not Sucks Blunderland? Or Len Rhodes (to ruin)?

It was Rhodes who canned Ed Hervey. And was Maas such a terrible coach when he had an offensive coordinator? I'd really like to know whose great idea it was to have Maas perform both functions.

As for Benvenides? Well, my previous words stand. Get him and his backwards baseball cap on the next airplane outta town.
    TJ should question himself. He was the one practically cheerleading the Hervey firing and explaining it away for the org. TJ also stated this team was on their way and would be a power this season. he was totally sold on everything, he even said things like "book it". I guess now its a different book.

Its hilarious what Hervey is saying today. Must read stuff but I can't link twitter feeds.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

I'd be serving walking papers to Rhodes, Benevides and Maas this off-season. The rest of the coaching staff can go too.

Start fresh and new.

After saying that though, Rhodes isn't going anywhere unless the Board wakes up and realizes he's the one to blame for the failures of this club. Letting Ed Hervey walk was the dumbest thing this franchise has done lately. Hiring Eric Tillman was even dumber, but I digress.

You mean Bored Directors right?

I mean, once they get free parking and an approved menu for the Green and Gold Room, what do they care?

Makes you wonder if any of them are also on the Northlands Bored.
    ... gobsmacked

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345