Thread: Strathcona Hotel | Renovation | Proposed

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Strathcona Hotel | Renovation | Proposed

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I was hoping Beljan's next project would be the powerplant, but this will do. Excited what he has in store for this.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by barhonda View Post
    I was hoping Beljan's next project would be the powerplant, but this will do. Excited what he has in store for this.
    The power plant will take some time. If there's an opportunity for us to be involved then we're game. But this is our next key redevelopment on Whyte Avenue.

Chris, has Beljan ever done new builds? Also, can you guys buy up most of the other buildings around Whyte and work your magic? Please?
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Lacey View Post
    Chris, has Beljan ever done new builds? Also, can you guys buy up most of the other buildings around Whyte and work your magic? Please?
    Yes we have. St.Claire on 106 Avenue and 82 Street, the west half of Crawford Block is an entirely new 5-storey building, the two-storey portion of the Lynnwood Shopping Centre is a new build, and more coming. But our first passion is the adaptive reuse of existing buildings.

First One is Always Free

Excited about the upgrades, but will truly miss the Beer Slammers at the current Strat.

I am excited to see the continuation in activating the laneway in the back. The city needs to do its part and repave the alley though.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.