Thread: Edmontonís neighbours ready to sign on to create regional transit commission

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Edmontonís neighbours ready to sign on to create regional transit commission

Edmontonís neighbours ready to sign on to create regional transit commission

The number of communities that want to be part of a proposed regional transit commission for the Edmonton area is set to grow.

Local mayors have confirmed to Global News that what started as a partnership between Edmonton and St. Albert will soon also include Parkland County, the Town of Morinville, the City of Leduc and others.

On June 26, Parkland County councillors voted in favour of joining the commission, according to Mayor Rod Shaigec.
    ďYou have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.Ē - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

The death of Greyhound has likely made this an imperative.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Greyhound had extremely little to nothing to do with this.
    Tired of being taken advantage of .

I agree; i think it is just a matter of organic growth that is bursting at the seams hence this ptagmatic move. All municipalities surrounding Edmonton has become one with the city.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    I agree; i think it is just a matter of organic growth that is bursting at the seams hence this ptagmatic move. All municipalities surrounding Edmonton has become one with the city.
    Idk if Iíd go that far...

C2E SME

Edmonton is a little easier to get around with the Anthony Henday ring road complete.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.