Thread: Park Avenue Condos (105 Avenue and 113 Street)

First One is Always Free

Default Park Avenue Condos (105 Avenue and 113 Street)

For years, Westrich Pacific has been using a plot of land on 105 Ave as storage for various construction materials - a few weeks ago, all materials were removed and now this morning crews arrived and started leveling the ground in preparation for what appears to be construction. A new sign has been posted advertising Park Avenue - a building that looks to be a near carbon copy of my building, the MAXX.

http://www.parkavecondos.ca

I really wish they would step it up a bit. Very vanilla.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Why should they as long as people are willing to pay for vanilla?

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Even more of a factor is that the economy still isn't booming (and some folks are always "under the gun" financially)... Supply & Demand.

If you can't afford Chocolate Almond you may need to buy Vanilla.

A smart developer offers what people want, balanced with what they believe they need, balanced with what they can afford.
    Last edited by Big Bird; 20-07-2018 at 11:01 AM.

I'd rather that the economy not boom, because then comes the inevitable bust. But, Alberta never seems to learn that lesson.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamEDM View Post
    For years, Westrich Pacific has been using a plot of land on 105 Ave as storage for various construction materials - a few weeks ago, all materials were removed and now this morning crews arrived and started leveling the ground in preparation for what appears to be construction. A new sign has been posted advertising Park Avenue - a building that looks to be a near carbon copy of my building, the MAXX.

http://www.parkavecondos.ca
    I bike past MAXX every day to get to my work on 107 ave. It looks like a nice enough building from the outside.

Given the distance from downtown and Jasper Ave, and the fact that the city hasn't followed through with their years long discussion to revitalize 105 avenue/Columbia Avenue, I the fit, finish, and height of the Park Avenue seem appropriate for the risk involved.

The businesses in the Horizon building on 111 st and the ones like the Art of Cake west of 116 st do help, plus the multi use trail means you're at least separated from automobile traffic instead of walking along the street like you used to.

Park Avenue is also adjacent to the path leading to a nice pocket park in the Oliver Village shopping area east of Oliver Square. You can easily get to MacEwan, Oliver Square, and the Brewery District from that spot, so it does have good access to amenities.

From ParkAveCondos.ca:
    Quote Originally Posted by parkavecondos.ca

C2E Long Term Contributor

Looks OK though not overly enthused by this.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Administrator *

This is very much under construction. Shoring and excavation underway.

Fokin ghastly