Thread: Ukrainian Consulate General Edmonton

C2E Continued Contributor

Default Ukrainian Consulate General Edmonton

Opened today and is responsible for all of Western Canada, I believe this is our only consulate general in Edmonton?

https://twitter.com/YEGMayorOffice/status/1038173588547809280

C2E SME

So where is it? I was looking throughout the articles and there is no address given.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

there are a few but most are honorary... i’m not sure if this is a complete list:

http://www.discoveredmonton.com/Edmo...atesEmbassies/
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

C2E Long Term Contributor

Based on the pics, the Ukrainian Consulate is on or near the Legislature grounds.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

“You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Ledgeview office tower.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

I went to the dinner for this at the Chateau Lacombe. Increadible evening. Nothing like the Shumka dancers to put a smile on your face.

Next step: take advantage of the Canada-Ukraine Air Services Agreement https://otc-cta.gc.ca/eng/transport-agreement/ukraine

Get Ukraine International Airlines to select Edmonton as the "One additional point to be selected by Ukraine" and start once a week summer service.

C2E Continued Contributor

^Great idea. And we have the Ukrainian population that we should be able to support it especially if it's once a week
    My antidepressent drug of choice is running. Cheaper with less side effects!

Too bad they didn't chose to be next to the Ukrainian museum in a place say Mr. Kanter ' s current development. That would be a nice complimentary. You should take them out for coffee Ken, and I know of an incredible perogy place in edmonton I could suggest to you.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

C2E SME

Come to think of it, the UCAMA building could have been really nice to have the consulate located there. It would be an extremely prominent location for an important place that that.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

why are we supporting a government that came to power through an illegal coup, is giving support to neo-nazi battalions, and is waging a war against it's civilians in the east?
    you missed when time and life shook hands and said goodbye.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by bicycles View Post
    why are we supporting a government that came to power through an illegal coup, is giving support to neo-nazi battalions, and is waging a war against it's civilians in the east?
    maybe because having a consulate general’s office or not is about more than supporting a particular government or not.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
    Come to think of it, the UCAMA building could have been really nice to have the consulate located there. It would be an extremely prominent location for an important place that that.
    That's a great idea, glad I thought of it!
    But seriously, would the consulate have helped cough up the coin to complete it?

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by bicycles View Post
    Waging a war against it's civilians? You mean the Putin-backed "rebels"?
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?