Thread: Edmonton Comic Expo 2018

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Edmonton Comic Expo 2018

Who is going this year? It's great if you're a Doctor Who fan.

https://www.edmontonexpo.com/en/home.html
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

My kids want to go, so I'll probably take them.

C2E Continued Contributor

Unfortunately unable to

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I'd go if I was 20 years younger.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Noticed that the floorplan has changed drastically, with only about 2/3 of the venue booked up.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

This year's Comic Expo is quite different.

The organization was taken over by Vancouver's Fan Expo while the Expo Centre itself has switched from Northlands to EEDC. There was no Emily Expo (save for the mascot), no Garrett Wang. Only about 2/3 of the Expo Centre was booked - Halls A, B and D were free. The photo ops and autograph sessions were lumped into the retail space, with fewer vendors taking part. Jason Momoa, Karl Urban, Katie Cassidy and Katee Sackhoff all cancelled this week.

Apart from that though, there was plenty of cosplay (Ghostbusters was a popular theme), some celebrities, lots of action figures (including Funko), gaming and so on. Friday was fairly busy, but Saturday and Sunday should be a madhouse!
    Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 21-09-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Cosplay

https://www.facebook.com/EdmontonExpo/

Thank you SO much for another fantastic day at the 2018 Edmonton Expo. Attendance is WAY up, officially 41,238 excited fans came through the doors of the Expo Centre over the three days of the show. From the Citizenship Ceremony to Ray Park, to John Barrowman to Matt Smith to David Tennant and all of the amazing cosplay, THANK YOU for another amazing year!