Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 201 to 257 of 257

Thread: Discussion on War Crimes and the Holocaust

  1. #201

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Also, I’d better ask you what you mean by proof? What exactly is proof to you? What would you need to consider that history to be true and substantively accurate?
    Some good examples of proof would be:

    1. Nazi documentation detailing a plan or at least an intention to kill all the Jews.
    2. An actual surviving gas chamber with gas residue on the walls and air tight doors that lock from the outside.
    3. Mass graves of bodies determined to be Jewish and having died from poison gas.
    4. A list of six million Jewish names - may not be actual proof but would be quite convincing
    I did not read your list of demands for proof in post #12 because I did not start to read until this thread was over 100 posts long and set up as a separate thread.

    But, as I have rebuked you before, I will post this proof to demands.

    1. Nazi documentation detailing a plan or at least an intention to kill all the Jews.

    Adolf Hitler had provided clues to his ambition to commit mass genocide as early as 1922, telling journalist Josef Hell, “Once I really am in power, my first and foremost task will be the annihilation of the Jews.”Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...Eq873PYeiCw.99


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Solution
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Reinhard


    Follow-up letter from SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich to Ministerialdirektor Martin Luther asking for administrative assistance in the implementation of the Final Solution to the Jewish Question, 26 February 1942



    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wannsee_Conference

    Eichmann's list



    2. An actual surviving gas chamber with gas residue on the walls and air tight doors that lock from the outside.

    https://www.quora.com/Are-there-any-...-the-Holocaust

    There are only 5 gas chambers remaining in Europe: Auschwitz (reconstructed), Dachau (intact original), Mauthausen (intact original), Majdanek (intact original) and Hartheim (intact original).


    I have visited this one in Dachau, have you?



    3. Mass graves of bodies determined to be Jewish and having died from poison gas.


    https://www.quora.com/Is-there-physical-scientific-proof-that-Jews-were-gassed-to-death-in-Nazi-concentration-camps


    Human remains unearthed on the site of the Treblinka death camp in 1960 - ash heaps and bone fragments can be found all over the site to this day.


    The Sonderaktion 1005 (English: Special Action 1005), also called Aktion 1005, or Enterdungsaktion (English: Exhumation Action) began in May 1942 during World War II to hide any evidence that people had been murdered by Nazi Germany in Aktion Reinhard in occupied Poland. The operation, which was conducted in strict secrecy from 1942–1944, used prisoners to exhume mass graves and burn the bodies. These work groups were officially called Leichenkommandos ("corpse units") and were all part of Sonderkommando 1005; inmates were often put in chains in order to prevent escape.

    In May 1943, the operation moved into occupied territories in Eastern and Central Europe to destroy evidence of the Final Solution. Sonderaktion 1005 was used to conceal the evidence of massacres committed by SS-Einsatzgruppen Nazi death squads that had massacred millions of people including 1.3 million Jews according to Historian Raul Hilberg, as well as Roma and local civilians. The Aktion was overseen by selected squads from the Sicherheitsdienst and Ordnungspolizei.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonderaktion_1005


    4. A list of six million Jewish names - may not be actual proof but would be quite convincing

    Holocaust Survivors and Victims Database

    This database centralizes information from the Museum’s collections about individual survivors and victims of the Holocaust and Nazi persecution. Our staff can search millions of digitized images of documentation to locate a single name on your behalf.

    https://www.ushmm.org/remember/the-h...esource-center


    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...s_of_Auschwitz

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_victims_of_Nazism



    15 minutes of searching and posting is all it took to prove all 4 of your questions.

    There is no doubt that 6 million died in the Holocaust with thousands of overwhelming documents and physical proof.

    I see all your comments as a classic holocaust denier, an anti-semite and person who is on the edge of uttering hate crimes.
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 26-10-2018 at 07:21 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  2. #202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ralph60 View Post
    My ex-girlfriend's mother is a jew from the Ukraine. She is also the sole survivor of the holocaust from her family and she currently collects a pension from the German government. I met a number of survivors through her.
    Vincent, you're wrong.
    Has she, or any of the other survivors you met, told you anything incriminating?

  3. #203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    you would have us believe that the daily mail in that article is a reputable source to accept that britain nurtured nazi pow's. that same reporter in that same article in that same publication said "barely a day passed without evidence emerging of a new nazi atrocity" and that "whatever went on with their walls, it paled into insignificance compared with the horrors the nazi visited on million of prisoners".

    if you want us to believe one set of circumstances from your link without additional proof and documentation being offered, that surely you should be accepting and believing of the other set of circumstances without additional proof and documentation.

    there is no question as to what i, along with any sane and rational person, believe in when it comes to the horrors of the nazis and the truth of the holocaust. you are the one placing credibility on the author's claim of torture (even though it is a straw man argument at best). it is you who is accepting of one account and insanely and irrationally and concurrently not accepting the other.
    On the contrary. I'm sure the Nazis made life horrible for many people, just as the Allies made life horrible for many people. Did you know Canadian troops burned down an entire village because they thought a civilian had killed their commander? Turns out it was a German soldier who'd killed their commander, but oh well.

    And when the author says the torture "pales" in comparison to Nazi crimes, that is of course subjective and debatable. What's not debatable is that the British tortured their German POWs. Do you deny this?

  4. #204

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    vincent, there's a difference between arguments and rebuttal and it's not hard at all to rebut what you're trying to put forward.
    If you think implying that "emigration" is code for "murder" then that's not a rebuttal at all. That's absurd and proves that you did not read the meeting minutes, but instead passed judgment based on a preconceived opinion. Read the minutes and then tell me if the Nazis were talking about emigration, or murder.
    Emigration is what happened earlier, before the new possibilities of the East.

    Evacuation in the document you cite clearly means "transport to concentration camps"

    Able*bodied Jews, separated according to sex, will be taken in large work columns to these areas for work on roads, in the course of which action doubtless a large portion will be eliminated by natural causes.
    means "we hope they die."
    Your bias is showing.

  5. #205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    ... Sure, I've found lots of proof that the Nazis hated the Jews and wanted them out of Europe, closed their businesses, instituted a policy and school curriculum of anti-Semitism, put them on trains and in camps. I've seen pages that list the number of dead, and claims about how they did it with vans and gas and quicklime and all that stuff, but no actual proof of genocide. It's easy to prove that the Jews suffered under Hitler and that Hitler wanted them out of Europe, just as Spain expelled all the Jews in 1492. That's all documented history, but the actual murder of Jews by Hitler does not appear to be documented at all.

    ...
    sooo… let me get this straight. there is sufficient documentation for you to accept as proof that the nazis hated the jews and wanted them out of europe, closed their businesses, instituted a policy and school curriculum of anti-semitism, put them on trains and in camps. you've admitted to seeing pages that list the number of dead, and claims about how they did it with vans and gas and quicklime and all that stuff, but you don't consider any of it to be actual proof of genocide.

    sooo… let me ask you the $64,000 question. if it is proven to your satisfaction, as you say, that the nazis hated the jews and wanted them out of europe, closed their businesses, instituted a policy and school curriculum of anti-semitism, put them on trains and in camps and that there are pages that list the number [in the millions] of dead and claims about how they did it with vans and gas and quicklime and "all that stuff" but those things in concert don't constitute genocide, wtf do you think does constitute genocide and wtf would you call those things in concert you acknowledge as proven if not genocide? please note that this thread already includes an internationally accepted definition of genocide to refer to if you need one.
    The claims about quicklime and the number of dead are not very convincing. I still have to do some more reading on the gas vans but so far all I've seen is evidence that the Nazis ordered a bunch of these vans. I haven't seen any proof that they used them to commit genocide.

  6. #206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    ... Sure, I've found lots of proof that the Nazis hated the Jews and wanted them out of Europe, closed their businesses, instituted a policy and school curriculum of anti-Semitism, put them on trains and in camps. I've seen pages that list the number of dead, and claims about how they did it with vans and gas and quicklime and all that stuff, but no actual proof of genocide. It's easy to prove that the Jews suffered under Hitler and that Hitler wanted them out of Europe, just as Spain expelled all the Jews in 1492. That's all documented history, but the actual murder of Jews by Hitler does not appear to be documented at all.

    ...
    sooo… let me get this straight. there is sufficient documentation for you to accept as proof that the nazis hated the jews and wanted them out of europe, closed their businesses, instituted a policy and school curriculum of anti-semitism, put them on trains and in camps. you've admitted to seeing pages that list the number of dead, and claims about how they did it with vans and gas and quicklime and all that stuff, but you don't consider any of it to be actual proof of genocide.

    sooo… let me ask you the $64,000 question. if it is proven to your satisfaction, as you say, that the nazis hated the jews and wanted them out of europe, closed their businesses, instituted a policy and school curriculum of anti-semitism, put them on trains and in camps and that there are pages that list the number [in the millions] of dead and claims about how they did it with vans and gas and quicklime and "all that stuff" but those things in concert don't constitute genocide, wtf do you think does constitute genocide and wtf would you call those things in concert you acknowledge as proven if not genocide? please note that this thread already includes an internationally accepted definition of genocide to refer to if you need one.
    The claims about quicklime and the number of dead are not very convincing. I still have to do some more reading on the gas vans but so far all I've seen is evidence that the Nazis ordered a bunch of these vans. I haven't seen any proof that they used them to commit genocide.
    Watch that 60 minutes episode first. That may provide insight as the guy is collecting historical accounts from the witnesses in the villages.

  7. #207

    Default

    Author tells of 'massive' proof for gas chambers | Books | The Guardian

    “...
    Robert van Pelt, professor of architecture at the university of Waterloo in Canada and author of Auschwitz, 1270 To The Present, said evidence had become slowly available during the second world war through reports from escaped inmates.

    It had become more substantial through witness accounts immediately after the camp's liberation and was confirmed by Polish forensic investigations in 1945-46 and the confessions of German camp personnel.

    He said it was "highly implausible" that the existence of the gas chambers was a piece of "atrocity propaganda" fabricated by the British. ...”

    https://www.theguardian.com/books/2000/jan/26/irving.uk



    Also footnotes:


    Gas Vans: Witnesses to the Use of Gas Vans | Holocaust Denial on Trial

    https://www.hdot.org/debunking-denial/gv4-witnesses/
    Last edited by KC; 26-10-2018 at 10:41 AM.

  8. #208

    Default

    So in every war there will be people willing to lie however after the war I don’t know how much motivation there would be unless they were lying to avoid jail or execution for war crimes. Most Nazis didn’t pay a big price for their involvement. However, I’d say that other players like this doctor had little reason to lie.



    Doctor describes routine of gas chambers


    How slaughter was accelerated

    from our special correspondent
    Tuesday 2 October 1945
    guardian.co.uk

    Luneberg
    The Military Court sitting here in judgment on Joseph Kramer and forty-four members of his staff at Belsen has had a surfeit of horror during the past fortnight, but for sheer ghastliness nothing has equalled the description given in evidence to-day of the gas chambers of Auschwitz, which were used as the chief instrument of Nazi policy for mass extermination of the Jews.

    The prosecution put forward an unexpected witness in Charles Bendel, a Rumanian doctor resident in Paris for many years, who was arrested there in 1943 for not wearing the yellow star and was sent to Auschwitz. Here he worked at a crematorium as doctor to the special Kommando of prisoners required to dispose of bodies from the gas chamber and who were kept under lock and key lest details of what went on became known in the rest of the camp.

    80,000 wiped out

    Dr. Bendel's was the whitest face in the courtroom as, speaking in French in almost a whisper, he described a normal day at the cremating places during a period when 80,000, composing the whole ghetto of Lodz, were being wiped out. Even some of the accused, let alone the many British officers and German civilians in court, seemed appalled at the horror of it all, and later on, with the brilliant arc lights over the dock switched on, Dr. Bendel came forward and with a disdainful wave of the hand identified Kramer and the S.S. doctor Klein as being in positions of responsibility at Auschwitz at the time.

    At Berkenau, a sector of the main camp, there were, stated witness, four crematoriums, each equipped with two gas chambers. But their capacity became insufficient and an additional system was devised by digging large trenches, some 12 yards by six, in which the bodies were burned, and to expedite matters channels were cut at the bottom of the trenches to drain away the human fat.

    It was part of his Kommando's work to prepare these pits each day by laying huge wood fires saturated with petrol, and by this system it was possible to dispose of one thousand bodies an hour as against one thousand a day in a crematorium.

    At eleven o'clock in the morning, witness went on, the chief of the political bureau would arrive on his motor-cycle to say that a new batch of prisoners had arrived. There would be between 800 and 1,000 of them, some on foot and others, usually too ill to walk, in tip-up trucks, from which, to the amusement of the drivers, they were spilled out without warning. They were taken into the courtyard or, in winter, to a large hall of the crematorium and required to undress under the pretext that they were to take a bath followed by hot coffee.

    Then came a wait for the gas to arrive, said the witness. Raising his voice, he exclaimed that for a doctor the greatest insult was to have the cylinders delivered in a Red Cross ambulance in which, on occasion, he had seen the prisoner Klein.

    Blows at victims

    Then the doors of the two-roofed gas chambers would be opened and the victims, who by this time realised that they were going to their death, herded in with blows from whips and sticks. Finally the guards would succeed in locking the doors. "You would hear cries and shouts as the people within began to fight against each other and to beat at the walls. This goes on for two minutes-then complete silence, nothing more."

    About twenty minutes later, said Dr. Bendel, the main task of the special Kommando began. With the opening of the doors the bodies, tightly jammed inside, would fall out. Often it was almost impossible to separate one from another and one had the impression that they had fought terribly against death. Anyone who had seen a gas chamber filled to a height of four feet with corpses would never forget it. before they were dragged by their wrists to the ghats, barbers and dentists would shear off the hair and go over the teeth.

    Hell let loose

    As for the Kommando, which might contain an electrical engineer from Budapest or a solicitor from Salonika, people who had human faces a few minutes before were no longer recognisable. It was hell let loose. "They are like devils, no longer human beings as they drag the corpses away as fast as possible under a rain of blows from the S.S."

    At the same time guards by the edge of the pits would go on shooting people for whom there had not been room in the gas chambers. After one and a half hours of it the work would be completed-a new convoy had been dealt with in crematorium No. 4.

    "Who was commandant at Auschwitz at the time?" asked Colonel Backhouse, prosecuting officer. "Kramer," came the swift response.

    It became apparent in cross-examination that a plot had been prepared by the Kommandos to destroy a crematorium. Women prisoners working in a munitions factory had attempted to pass on dynamite to them. In October 500 men revolted and tried to set fire to crematorium No. 3. Firearms were hidden in No. 1 crematorium, but through a misunderstanding were not used.

    There was a touch of the macabre at the conclusion of to-day's hearing when Anita Lasker, a pretty German girl of nineteen, spoke of how she had played the 'cello in the camp orchestra at Auschwitz and from her quarters near the crematorium had watched bodies brought to the burning-pits. “


    https://www.theguardian.com/century/...127738,00.html

  9. #209

    Default

    Here’s a long posting by a critic of the gas chamber existence.

    His incredulous attitude is interesting as in the example below. I think he’s ignorant of living in cold climates. Having grown up with two cabins in here Alberta, one mostly uninsulated, I know how fast they can heat up with just old wood stoves. Sustaining the heat is another matter. Group people together in a room and displace the cold air and a cottage could easily heat up fast.


    Rebutting the 'best evidence' for the Nazi gas chambers

    “The characteristics of this cottage continue to amaze, as it is so well insulated that it takes only ten minutes for the naked, shivering people inside to warm the interior temperature to nearly 80 degrees F, and this in the dead of the brutal Polish winter!

    This remarkable cottage also has windows (in a gas chamber?), through which an SS man drops the Zyklon B poison. These are very special windows, apparently, because those within the cottage cannot break them, nor climb out of them. “


    https://www.historiography-project.c...c/rebuttal.php
    As for his issue with the windows. Give me a break.

  10. #210

    Default

    1. Nazi documentation detailing a plan or at least an intention to kill all the Jews.

    Adolf Hitler had provided clues to his ambition to commit mass genocide as early as 1922, telling journalist Josef Hell, “Once I really am in power, my first and foremost task will be the annihilation of the Jews.”Read more: https://www.smithsonianmag.com/histo...Eq873PYeiCw.99
    Yes, I've seen such quotes before. Also the one where Hitler promises to set up gallows in the streets and hang the Jews until they stink. Very damning indeed, if true. But how can we be sure that these quotes are actually true? Isn't this basically just hearsay?

    I mean, we already know for a fact that people are willing to lie and produce fake photos, and "lampshades made of human skin" and "soap made of human fat" and even torture in order to produce evidence against the Nazis. So given that fact shouldn't we be extra careful to vet all this kind of evidence and not just accept it just because somebody says so?

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Solution
    Looks like a typical description of the what most people believe was the final solution, a plan to kill all the Jews, but lacking actual evidence. The most damning thing I see on this page is the map which as I already explained earlier is a map that list the number of Jews not yet deported from the various territories.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Reinhard

    Operation Reinhard. Took a quick read through here and the only actual evidence I could find on this page was the Hoffle telegram, which supposedly lists the number of Jews killed. Except when you look at the English translation it doesn't actually say that.

    12. OMX de OMQ 1000 89 ? ?
    State secret! To the Reich Security Main Office, for
    the attention of SS Obersturmbannführer EICHMANN, BERLIN [...rest missed...]
    13/15. OLQ de OMQ 1005 83 234 250
    State secret! To the commander of the Security Police,
    for the attention of SS Obersturmbannführer HEIM, KRAKAU.
    Re: 14-day report Operation REINHARD. Reference: radiogram from there.
    Recorded arrivals until 31 December 42, L 12761, B 0, S 515, T 10335 totaling
    23611. Situation [ ... ] 31 December 42, L 24733, B 434508, S 101370,
    T 71355, totaling 1274166.
    SS and police leader of Lublin, HOEFLE, Sturmbannführer.

    It says "Recorded arrivals".

    If I missed something more damning, please let me know but at this point it just looks like more bogus "evidence".

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Follow-up letter from SS-Obergruppenführer Reinhard Heydrich to Ministerialdirektor Martin Luther asking for administrative assistance in the implementation of the Final Solution to the Jewish Question, 26 February 1942



    So did you even bother to translate that document? I did. Just typed it in to Google translate. Very handy. This is what it says in English.

    As an attachment, I send the minutes of the agreement that took place on 20.1.1942.Since the practical implementation of the Jewish Question's End Lesson has been determined and there is complete agreement on the part of the parties involved, may I ask you, your clerk, to complete the submission requested by Heichsmafschall, setting out the organizational, technical and material prerequisites for the practical initiation of the slogansto turn to the necessary detailed discussions.

    The first meeting of this kind I intend on 6 March 1942, 10.30 o'clock, in Berlin, Kurlurstenstrasse 116, to hold.I would ask you to persuade your skilled worker to get in touch with my competent advisor, ss-Obersturmbannfuhrer Eichmann.

    Doesn't say anything about genocide, does it?

    I appreciate you trying to find some evidence for me, and you seemed pretty confident that you had actually found some so I was pretty hopeful we actually got something here and I started reading but it doesn't look like there's really anything here after all. I haven't looked at some of the other stuff in your post yet because I do have some actual work to do today, but I'll look at it later.

    I would appreciate it though if you guys are just going to give me a bunch of links to look through that you'd at least look at them yourselves first to see if there is any actual evidence in there because so far you've just been wasting my time.


  11. #211

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    So in every war there will be people willing to lie however after the war I don’t know how much motivation there would be unless they were lying to avoid jail or execution for war crimes. Most Nazis didn’t pay a big price for their involvement. However, I’d say that other players like this doctor had little reason to lie.
    No reason to lie? You mean other than the fact that he was mistreated by the Nazis and hated them very much?

    How about Doctor Charles Larson? Assigned to complete autopsies at dozens of camps including Dachau as part of the Allies war crimes investigation team and he said "never was a case of poison gas uncovered."





    Last edited by Vincent; 26-10-2018 at 04:29 PM.

  12. #212

    Default

    So if everyone involved had a reason to lie and the alleged perpetrators had time to bleach the crime scene, and the evidence could all have been fabricated then that seems at most to create doubt. It doesn’t justify a conspiracy. That whole theory(s) would need to face similar scrutiny. Where’s the documented tangible proof?

    Maybe we can debate that the 911 pilots only wanted to perform scary fly-bys. Prove that those rookie pilots didn’t accidentally crash out of lack of piloting skills. Or, they may have only intended to crash the planes and kill the passengers. Or steal the planes. Or... no real intention to commit really bad mass murder, just modest mass murder.

  13. #213
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    ^ ^^

    you really did get sucked down that alternative reality rabbit hole didn't you vincent?

    a holocaust denier quoting other holocaust deniers as proof the holocaust didn't take place. you do know that liberty bell publications isn't a particularly well respected independent research organization publishing well-respected and reliable authors don't you? maybe you don't but my guess is you probably do and you simply don't really care just as you don't seem to care for truth and accuracy.

    next maybe you could start providing some quotes from some of their other publications such as "the protocols of the meetings of the learned elders of zion" or maybe from "the jews and their lies"? and maybe you could keep keep sprinkling them with protests about how you and your opinions aren't anti-semitic or neo-nazi sympathetic, you're just searching for real proof.

    there's lots of real proof out there - much of it repeated here or linked from here - verifying the holocaust and verifying what you are as well. the fascinating thing is how and why you keep choosing to provide more and more evidence of what you are.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  14. #214

    Default

    Also, the quoted people may not even be “deniers”. They reported what they found. If a funeral home erased evidence of their furnaces anyone going there later would only have the bodies in caskets and the remains out in the graveyard.

    Nonetheless it seems that working people to death as is stated above isn’t considered mass murder. Also, I’ve always heard that arrivals were either immediately gassed or first divided into those who could work and those who couldn’t. If 90% of physical remains were worked to death, where did all the rest go? Hmm.

  15. #215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    ^ ^^

    you really did get sucked down that alternative reality rabbit hole didn't you vincent?

    a holocaust denier quoting other holocaust deniers as proof the holocaust didn't take place. you do know that liberty bell publications isn't a particularly well respected independent research organization publishing well-respected and reliable authors don't you? maybe you don't but my guess is you probably do and you simply don't really care just as you don't seem to care for truth and accuracy.

    next maybe you could start providing some quotes from some of their other publications such as "the protocols of the meetings of the learned elders of zion" or maybe from "the jews and their lies"? and maybe you could keep keep sprinkling them with protests about how you and your opinions aren't anti-semitic or neo-nazi sympathetic, you're just searching for real proof.

    there's lots of real proof out there - much of it repeated here or linked from here - verifying the holocaust and verifying what you are as well. the fascinating thing is how and why you keep choosing to provide more and more evidence of what you are.
    Oh brother. Just because a website posts evidence to deny the holocaust doesn't mean that evidence is fabricated.

    How about you provide some actual proof that the holocaust happened? I've been waiting for almost a week now and you still haven't provided the proof that you insist exists. You've given me lots of links to fascinating stories and doctored photographs, but no actual proof of the holocaust. You'd think such a major event would be pretty easy to prove. Especially for one such as yourself, so utterly convinced.

    How about I make it easy for you. Just post the one thing that you think is the most solid evidence for the holocaust.

  16. #216

    Default

    How about this note from the Allied Military Police Committee of Inquiry?



    Isn't that interesting? After an inquiry into allegations of gassings in 1948 they determined that it was all lies.
    Last edited by Vincent; 26-10-2018 at 04:18 PM.

  17. #217

    Default

    The admitted holocaust denier is treating responses with contempt, has claimed ignorance, and is ignoring any and all proof while claiming there is no proof. I'm only assuming at this point, like Ken mentioned, that responses in the thread are indirectly to any lurkers that may be reading.

    But other than that there is no logical reason to respond to an individual that has falsely claimed to want proof of the existence of the holocaust. For this individual, and sadly many others, there is never proof. To objective individuals, the world over, and for centuries, there has been proof. But for inconoclast deniers there is only empty refutation.

    I hope people in the thread are realizing this is an unending exchange which should cease (or have never been pursued) and any purpose to lurkers has already been served.
    Last edited by Replacement; 26-10-2018 at 03:31 PM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

  18. #218

    Default

    Vincent, tell us honestly, do you drive a white van covered in stickers???
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  19. #219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    How about this note from the Allied Military Police Committee of Inquiry?



    Isn't that interesting? After an inquiry into allegations of gassings in 1948 determined that it was all lies.
    Could you provide a verifiable source for this image?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  20. #220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    How about this note from the Allied Military Police Committee of Inquiry?



    Isn't that interesting? After an inquiry into allegations of gassings in 1948 determined that it was all lies.
    Could you provide a verifiable source for this image?
    Here's the original letter in German.


  21. #221

    Default

    And here's the German text, so you can paste it into Google Translate if you want. (I typed it out for you. You're welcome)

    militarpolizeilicher dienst
    Rundschreiben
    Die alliierten Untersuchungskommissionen haben bisher festgestellt, dass in folgenden konzentrationslagern keine menschen mit giftgas getotet wurden: Bergen-Belsen, Buchenwald, Dachau, Flossenburg, Grossrosen, Mauthausen und Nebenlager, Natzweiler, Neuen-gamme, Niederhagen (Wewelsburg), Ravensbruck, Sachsenhausen, Stutthof, Theresienstadt.
    In diesen Fallen konnte nachgewiesen werden, dass Gestandnisse durch Folterungen erpresst wurden und Zeugenaussagen falsch waren.
    Dies ist bei den KV-Erhebungen und Einvernahmen zu berucksichtigen. Ehemalige KZ-Haftlinge, welche bei Einvernahmen Angaben uber die Ermordung von Menschen, insbesondere von Juden, mit Giftgas in diesen KZ machen, ist dieses Untersuchungsergebnis zur Kenntnis zu bringen. Sollten sie weiter auf ihre Aussagen bestehen, ist die Anzeige wegen falscher Zeugenaussage zu erstatten.
    Der Leiter des MPD. Muller, Major
    Fur die richtigkeit der Ausfertigung: Lachout, Leutnant

  22. #222

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Vincent, tell us honestly, do you drive a white van covered in stickers???
    I can tell that my evidence, and your lack of it, is starting to annoy you.

  23. #223
    C2E Posting Power
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    edmonton
    Posts
    860

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Vincent, tell us honestly, do you drive a white van covered in stickers???
    I can tell that my evidence, and your lack of it, is starting to annoy you.
    Hey Vincent - Are you related to this crazy women from Jasper???? She was just convicted in Germany for espousing the same crazy views.

    http://cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/m...many-1.4880175

  24. #224

    Default

    At this point I would invite any sane people disgusted by this blatant multi-day display of anti-semitism and jew-baiting to contact the police, the media, and B'nai B'rith. Don't engage this creature any longer, don't appeal to the site admins, don't bemoan anything. Take the garbage out to where it can be properly aired and disinfected.

  25. #225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post


    Eichmann's list
    And what do you suppose this list is telling us?

  26. #226

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AShetsen View Post
    At this point I would invite any sane people disgusted by this blatant multi-day display of anti-semitism and jew-baiting to contact the police, the media, and B'nai B'rith. Don't engage this creature any longer, don't appeal to the site admins, don't bemoan anything. Take the garbage out to where it can be properly aired and disinfected.
    You're an i.diot. You don't even know what anti-semitism is.

    This is pretty typical though when you start to analyze the evidence. Those who believe in the holocaust just get really angry and their only recourse is to accuse the deniers of being racist, and threaten them with all kinds of things. It's a sure sign that you've been unable to effectively debate the topic.

  27. #227

    Default

    I gave sources for the documents I posted. You refuse to. Hallmarks of an anti-semite.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  28. #228

    Default

    You think your letter proves anything other than that there were anti-semites still in uniform in Europe after the war (assuming it’s real)?

    It it would be impossible to prove that poison gas “had never been used”. It would be impossible to prove that all allegations of it’s use were false and that all admissions of use were coerced.

    It’snot at all impossible or even improbable that an Austrian officer wo didn’t like the idea his compatriots had done what they did so chose to pretend it hadn’t.
    There can only be one.

  29. #229

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    I gave sources for the documents I posted. You refuse to. Hallmarks of an anti-semite.
    No, I see where you got the list. And I also see that it's a list of the number of Jews living in each country. And this proves what exactly?

    Remember, I wasn't asking for proof that the Nazis were anti-semitic. We agree on that. I was asking for proof that they planned and carried out genocide. A list of the number of Jews living in each country obviously does not prove this. Please try again.

  30. #230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    You think your letter proves anything other than that there were anti-semites still in uniform in Europe after the war (assuming it’s real)?

    It it would be impossible to prove that poison gas “had never been used”. It would be impossible to prove that all allegations of it’s use were false and that all admissions of use were coerced.

    It’snot at all impossible or even improbable that an Austrian officer wo didn’t like the idea his compatriots had done what they did so chose to pretend it hadn’t.
    So convenient. Anything that support my position is not to be taken seriously, but anything that supports your position is absolutely proof. That's real objective there buddy.

  31. #231
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    ^ ^^

    you really did get sucked down that alternative reality rabbit hole didn't you vincent?

    a holocaust denier quoting other holocaust deniers as proof the holocaust didn't take place. you do know that liberty bell publications isn't a particularly well respected independent research organization publishing well-respected and reliable authors don't you? maybe you don't but my guess is you probably do and you simply don't really care just as you don't seem to care for truth and accuracy.

    next maybe you could start providing some quotes from some of their other publications such as "the protocols of the meetings of the learned elders of zion" or maybe from "the jews and their lies"? and maybe you could keep keep sprinkling them with protests about how you and your opinions aren't anti-semitic or neo-nazi sympathetic, you're just searching for real proof.

    there's lots of real proof out there - much of it repeated here or linked from here - verifying the holocaust and verifying what you are as well. the fascinating thing is how and why you keep choosing to provide more and more evidence of what you are.
    Oh brother. Just because a website posts evidence to deny the holocaust doesn't mean that evidence is fabricated.

    How about you provide some actual proof that the holocaust happened? I've been waiting for almost a week now and you still haven't provided the proof that you insist exists. You've given me lots of links to fascinating stories and doctored photographs, but no actual proof of the holocaust. You'd think such a major event would be pretty easy to prove. Especially for one such as yourself, so utterly convinced.

    How about I make it easy for you. Just post the one thing that you think is the most solid evidence for the holocaust.
    sorry vincent, i'm not going to play your little game.

    i don't believe there is any single document or single piece of evidence that will convince you to give up your anti-semitic, neo-nazi views on the holocaust because you have finally been presented with "the ultimate proof" you say you are looking for.

    proof of the holocaust is represented by the accumulated knowledge and examination of hundreds of thousands of documents and interviews and photographs and video and physical relics etc.. they are as available for to you to examine with an open mind if you want as they are to the rest of the world. you can continue to play the "that's too much for me to possibly examine", i want "one thing" to be presented as proof game/sham as long as you want. interestingly enough, you seem quite content to ignore or reject most of the "one things" that any sane and rational person would accept as proof while happily embracing ideas and conclusions that any sane and rational person would dismiss as silly.

    you seem quite content ignoring and/or refuting the opinions of those who have reviewed all of the material you refuse to with rigour while seemingly quite comfortably accepting and forwarding stories that are obviously fiction as if they are true.

    you are not looking for truth, you are looking for positive reinforcement for odious opinions you have adopted from others without exercising any of the intellectual rigour whatsoever that supports the truth. as previously noted, you can play this game as long as you want but you can play it by yourself. you and your opinions deserve to continue to be called out for what they are but you don't deserve to be dignified by engaging in argument or debate that infers any legitimacy on being willfully ignorant.
    Last edited by kcantor; 26-10-2018 at 06:04 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  32. #232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    i don't believe there is any single document or single piece of evidence that will convince you
    Isn't that what I've been saying all along? That document doesn't exist. Glad you finally admit it.

  33. #233

    Default

    A bit of advice from Robert Heinlein for everyone trying to convince Vincent that the holocaust really existed.

    “Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time, and it annoys the pig”

  34. #234

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    I gave sources for the documents I posted. You refuse to. Hallmarks of an anti-semite.
    I refuse to post sources? Lol. You must be joking. What you're really saying is that you're ignoring the content of anything I post until or unless I can provide a source that you can't deny, and yet even then you will find a reason not to accept it, like a letter from the Allied Military Police, or two articles and pages from a book noting the findings of Dr. Charles Larson, or the Wikipedia articles about the piles of bodies being the result of typhus.

    How about this article that further confirms that the British used torture to extract "confessions" out of the Nazis.

    https://thegreateststorynevertold.tv...t-a-clean-war/

    Don't like that source? How about this one?

    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...clean-war.html

    And maybe you've never heard of Ian Cobain but Wikipedia says this about him (hopefully his reputation lives up to your standards for reliability):

    He has been shortlisted for the Orwell Prize for Journalism and won the Martha Gellhorn Prize and the Paul Foot Award for investigative journalism, as well as two Amnesty International journalism awards,[5] and, with fellow Guardian journalist, Richard Norton-Taylor, a Human Rights Campaign of the Year Award from Liberty, for their "investigation into Britain’s complicity in the use of torture".[6]

    Still not convinced? Here's a link to his book. Do yourself a favour, buy a copy and educate yourself, then maybe you'll finally realize that the confessions at Nuremberg were completely and utterly worthless.

    https://www.amazon.ca/Cruel-Britanni...ustomerReviews




  35. #235
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    i don't believe there is any single document or single piece of evidence that will convince you
    Isn't that what I've been saying all along? That document doesn't exist. Glad you finally admit it.
    sorry vincent but you're not going to get away with playing that game with anyone other than yourself.

    hundreds of thousands of documents and interviews and photographs and video and physical relics etc. exist. the fact you are not convinced by all of them is what leads to the conclusion that you will never be convinced by a single one.

    that is a reflection of your ongoing willful ignorance, not the quality and rigour of the evidence that has proved, does prove and will continue to prove your opinions not to be in the minority but to be wrong. not arguable, not debatable, not legitimate in any way shape or form. just wrong.

    wearing that is utterly and completely on you, not me.
    Last edited by kcantor; 26-10-2018 at 06:38 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  36. #236

    Default

    And remember the number six million? I'm just going to repost these articles here for anybody who's interested. Do with it what you will.

    From 1890 to 1902, 6 million Jewish families were expelled from Russia



    In 1911, Max Nordeau predicted the total annihilation of 6 million Jews



    In 1914, 6 million Jews need aid.



    In 1915, 6 million Jews are in the heart of the war zone



    In 1918, 6 million Jews need help



    In 1919, 6 million Jews in bread line



    In 1919, 6 million Jews are in peril



    In 1920, 6 million Jews face dark days



    In 1921, 6 million Jews face extermination in Russia



    In 1931, 6 million Jews face starvation



    In 1936 delegates from 32 nations represent 6 million Hebrews



    In 1936, 6 million Jews had no home.



    In 1938 the New York Times wrote about 6 million Jewish victims





  37. #237
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    what you’re wearing and what you’re posting doesn’t really reflect well on you vincent.

    unless of course you’re happy and proud to be an anti-semitic neo-nazi...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  38. #238

    Default

    https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...many-1.4880175

    **** you Vincent! You're a fcuken clown.

  39. #239

    Default

    Vincent, you posted all these supposedly authentic newspaper articles but you did not post the source. Did you get them from www.balder.org? a Danish ultra right wing nationalist blog website?

    What is the source?
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  40. #240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Highlander II View Post
    You think your letter proves anything other than that there were anti-semites still in uniform in Europe after the war (assuming it’s real)?

    It it would be impossible to prove that poison gas “had never been used”. It would be impossible to prove that all allegations of it’s use were false and that all admissions of use were coerced.

    It’snot at all impossible or even improbable that an Austrian officer wo didn’t like the idea his compatriots had done what they did so chose to pretend it hadn’t.
    So convenient. Anything that support my position is not to be taken seriously, but anything that supports your position is absolutely proof. That's real objective there buddy.
    Sure Buddy.
    It's not that it's your position, it's that it's a stupid position and the supposed evidence that you're posting as support is absolute crap. Why on earth would I take the word of a pair of Austrian (german) officers who make an extraordinary claim of PROOF that there was no gassing and thereby exonerate their countrymen against the acknowledged position of the governments that they apparently worked for.

    It's certainly more rational than you dismissing any and all evidence FOR the existence of gas chambers as either confession extracted by torture or grand conspiracy that somehow included not only the Jews but western governments AND the soviets.

    You're delusional.
    There can only be one.

  41. #241

    Default

    Vincent, do you understand the word "photoshop" and how it relates to images?
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

  42. #242

    Default

    No Vincent does not. But here is a picture of his daddy after shooting big game.



    Here is an artist who shames disrespectful Holocaust Memorial tourists using Photoshop

    https://petapixel.com/2017/01/21/art...ing-photoshop/

    Do it yourself template


    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 26-10-2018 at 09:43 PM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  43. #243

    Default

    “It’s better to be approximately right than precisely wrong.”

    As one article noted, there were 3.5 million Jewish people in America and 6 million Jewish people in the european war zone. So it’s not at all surprising that this number was repeated for years. It’s simply expedient. These people are journalists, politicians and others that speak in generalities. Ask some policy level person how many nukes the US has and I think they’d probably say 7,000. Not my area of interest but I think I’ve heard the 7,000 number a few times. I’d bet that the actual number is something else and if it’s like most subjects, the more you learn the more you realize that such generalizations can be sliced and diced a hundred different ways. Until then, we use shortcuts and do are usually approximately right. Not many people would do their own add up census calculations “, parse populations, and create overlay maps to get a non-six-million population figure. To what end would some other number serve?

    Similarly it’s been stated here that 6 million Jewish people were gassed. That doesnt mean the poster is part of some modern conspiracy to inflate the gassing number. It’s just human nature to over-simplify, remember key points but get the details wrong.

    Looking at old articles and finding magic numbers is just confirmation bias at work. The human brain is great at looking for patterns and misjudging the high probability of seemingly low probability coincidents can occur.

    People regularly use short cuts
    Last edited by KC; 26-10-2018 at 09:57 PM.

  44. #244

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    No Vincent does not. But here is a picture of his daddy after shooting big game.



    Here is an artist who shames disrespectful Holocaust Memorial tourists using Photoshop

    https://petapixel.com/2017/01/21/art...ing-photoshop/

    Do it yourself template


    Crickets!

    You should see the one that got away!


    Giant grasshoppers plague Kansas! | National Museum of American History

    http://americanhistory.si.edu/blog/2...ue-kansas.html

  45. #245

    Default

    Flash - French Holocaust denier Robert Faurisson dies at 89 - France 24
    October 22, 2018

    https://www.france24.com/en/20181022...risson-dies-89


    Alberta Holocaust denier guilty of inciting hatred in German court
    BY CANADIAN PRESS
    ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: OCT 26, 2018

    https://windsorstar.com/news/crime/a...3-af79bdba5c4e

  46. #246

    Default

    Another example of fake anti-semetic "proof"
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/wa...etto-uprising/
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  47. #247

    Default

    How ironic that you all can't see the hatred some of you are spewing.

  48. #248

    Default

    I feel sorry for you. You must feel so victimized as a racist antisemitic bigot. Sad...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

  49. #249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    How ironic that you all can't see the hatred some of you are spewing.
    It may because you are making two arguments where if one doesn’t anger people, the totally speculative nature of the other surely will.

    One that Hitler wasn’t so bad and didn’t gas millions of innocent people. (Not clear if you feel facilitating their death in other ways, such as working them to death or essentially ensuring they were biologically infected and died wouldn’t be considered by you as genocide.)

    Two; that a group of religious zealots perpetrated a globally accepted genocide hoax with the assistance of nation or two through torturing captured soldiers and conscripted professionals - all to fulfil some religious prophecy and speed the partition of some land.

    In sum you are reducing the blame on the Nazis (or is it the Germans) and saying that the victims, the Jewish people should all be mistrusted.



    One other thing. Nearly everyone involved is now dead. So the wording of this has huge implications in revealing people’s thinking and underlying biases. For instance: Blaming the children for the actions of the parents or blaming the followers for the actions of their predecessors. It’s important to note because few if any people blame the children of the Nazis. However, ...

    Get the point?
    Last edited by KC; 27-10-2018 at 11:11 AM.

  50. #250
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    How ironic that you all can't see the hatred some of you are spewing.
    at least it’s hatred for the odious and vile opinions you hold and espouse and not hatred for you simply for the act of being you and existing.

    not that i expect you to recognize or understand or respond to that with sanity and reason.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  51. #251

    Default

    Ya, I get it. You're all misunderstanding me, falsely accusing me, and showing an intolerance towards other opinions.

    Let me try one last time to clarify.

    1. I acknowledge that Jews (and others) were willfully murdered by the Nazis. Just as the Allies willfully murdered German soldiers after they had surrendered (I bet most of you had no idea that happened). Ya, when you put guns in the hands of young men and you send them into war where they experience and witness all kinds of horrors, they will undoubtedly get a bit trigger happy and lose their sense of what's right and wrong and feel the right to become judge, jury and executioner all at once. This happened on both sides of the war. Both sides murdered people, raped people and destroyed personal property for no justifiable reason. I also believe that the Nazis probably murdered prisoners who were too sick to be cared for. So yes, there is lots of evidence for the atrocities of the war and people, especially Jews, suffered greatly. In no way am I trying to diminish the suffering that people actually endured. I just believe that some of the stories are exaggerated and some are outright lies.

    2. Conspiracies happen. They are a real thing. And you can't deny it because you believe that the Nazis conspired to kill an entire race of people. That's probably the biggest conspiracy ever perpetrated on the world, wouldn't you say? So why would you get so upset if I suggest another conspiracy?

    3. I never accused the entire Jewish race of being in on this conspiracy. That would be absurd. Just as accusing the entire German race to be in on the conspiracy to kill the Jews would be absurd. Conspiracies are always carried out by a small group of people, and so to suggest that a small group of people tried to fool the world is not racist, even if their goal is religiously motivated.

    4. I don't believe there's enough actual proof of genocide to actually convict people. We are allowed to disagree.

    And for the hatred some of you have shown towards me, you should be ashamed. Do you all remember the thread "The Bigotry Must Stop"? Well, this thread is a perfect example of the type of bigotry I was talking about there. Some of you have shown an utter lack of tolerance of other opinions. You accuse me of being racist simply for not believing something. It's one of the most ridiculous things I've ever experienced in my life. It's like you've all gone stupid and forgotten what the word "racist" actually means.

    You guys are hate filled bigots and that's become more than clear on this thread, but what's even worse is that you think you're justified to hate me. I guess you feel empowered to label as a racist anybody who denies the holocaust because that's what you've been trained to do. It makes you feel good to be part of the majority doesn't it? Makes you feel powerful. You're no better than a bunch of bullies on the playground picking on the kid that everybody else is picking on because you'd rather be part of the big group than stand up for the unpopular kid. If any of you have little kids would you be proud to show them how you treated me in this thread? Look up the definitions of "bullying", "hate" and "bigotry" and you'll see yourselves. Seriously, look up those definitions because you've clearly forgotten what those words really mean.

    To the few of you that have remained respectful, I appreciate it. I know you all still think I'm crazy for not believing the holocaust but I can live with that. I have no problem with people thinking I'm crazy, because as I said, we are allowed to disagree and that is literally what's made this forum fun for so many years. Different opinions! But apparently some of you think that there are certain opinions we're not allowed to have, and your belief in freedom of expression stops exactly where you stop agreeing with that expression. If you're proud of yourself for that, you're literally a bigot.

    In any case, this thread has really taken all the fun out of it for me and more importantly has revealed to me what kind of people some of you really are and for that reason I've asked Admin to delete my account. I don't want to be a part of this community anymore.

  52. #252

    Default

    If you want to leave, leave. Your account won't get deleted, lest you come back under a different name.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

  53. #253
    Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta
    Posts
    11,945

    Default

    vincent,

    you keep reminding me of that old maxim about death...

    when you’re dead, you don’t know you’re dead.

    it’s only painful and difficult for others.

    it’s the same with stupid.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

  54. #254

    Default

    Apparently, Vincent believes that these people are only playing dead because the "Vast Jewish Conspiracy" told them to. After all, they're just looking for sympathy.

    Shooter identified in deadly shooting at Pittsburgh synagogue

    Multiple people were killed in a shooting Saturday morning at the Tree of Life synagogue in Pittsburgh, according to city officials.


    The suspect has been identified as Robert Bowers, 46, law enforcement officials told CNN.


    The gunman made anti-Semitic statements during the shooting, a law enforcement official said earlier.
    "It's a very horrific crime scene," Pittsburgh Public Safety Director Wendell D. Hissrich said at a brief press conference. "It's one of the worst I've seen."

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/27/us/pi...-st=1540664633

  55. #255

    Default

    And some background on him.



    Here's what we know about Bowers so far:

    Pittsburgh synagogue shooting suspect identified as Robert Bowers: What we know


    Police said Bowers shouted "All Jews must die!" while firing indiscriminately in the Tree of Life synagogue during services. He exchanged gunfire with officers while confined on the third floor of the synagogue before being taken into custody.


    Bowers was a regular user on Gab, a social network often associated with white supremacists and extremists. Shortly after the attack, Gab was alerted to a user profile of the alleged Tree of Life Synagogue shooter. The account was verified and matched the name of the alleged shooter's name, which was mentioned on police scanners.


    On Gab, Bowers posted dozens of anti-Semitic messages in the past month, including denials of the Holocaust and conspiracy theories about Jews destroying the planet and fueling mass migration. Many of the posts included a slur for Jews. A quote on the top of his page said, "jews are the children of satan." He also posted about popular right-wing conspiracy theories such as QAnon.


    Bowers posted several messages on Gab supporting President Trump. "Trump is a globalist, not a nationalist," he wrote on Thursday. "There is no #MAGA as long as there is a k--e infestation."


    Bowers also appeared to post two cryptic warnings about the shooting hours before the attack. On Friday, he wrote about HIAS, a Jewish organization that aids refugees and recently listed congregations across America that held Shabbat services for refugees. "Why hello there HIAS! You like to bring in hostile invaders to dwell among us? We appreciate the list of friends you have provided," Bowers wrote. On Saturday morning, about two hours before the attack, he wrote in another post, "HIAS likes to bring invaders in that kill our people. I can't sit by and watch my people get slaughtered. Screw your optics, I'm going in."

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pittsbu...ow-2018-10-27/

  56. #256

    Default

    Anti-Semitic attacks up 60% in 2017 over 2016. And they're moving into the mainstream.

    Anti-Semitism has moved 'into the mainstream,' ADL director says


    Anti-Semitism has “moved from the margins into the mainstream,” Anti-Defamation League CEO and National Director Jonathan Greenblatt said Sunday.




    His remarks on NBC’s “Meet the Press” came a day after a gunman fatally shot 11 and injured seven others in Pittsburgh in the deadliest attack on a synagogue in U.S. history.




    The tragedy can be linked to concurrent political rhetoric, Greenblatt said.


    “Political candidates and people in public life now literally repeat the rhetoric of white supremacists,” Greenblatt said. “They think it’s normal and permissible to talk about Jewish conspiracies, manipulating events or Jewish financers somehow controlling activities. And that is awful.”

    https://www.politico.com/story/2018/...hooting-943932
    And...

    Anti-Semitic incidents surged nearly 60% in 2017

    Anti-Semitic incidents in the US surged nearly 60% in 2017, driven in part by an increase in such cases in schools and college campuses, a new report says.


    It's the largest single-year increase on record -- and every state reported at least one incident for the first time since at least 2010.
    In its annual audit, the Anti-Defamation League found 1,986 cases of harassment, vandalism or physical assaults against Jews and Jewish institutions last year.
    That's up from the 1,267 incidents reported in 2016.



    https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/28/us/an...rnd/index.html

  57. #257
    Forum Administrator *
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    2,566
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    I have closed this thread because everything that needed to be said on this topic, was said.

    The thoughts, opinions, and postings on this thread are of the poster, and do not reflect any specific opinion of C2E.
    Ow

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •