Thread: Sherwood Park Explosions at County Hall

C2E SME

Default Sherwood Park Explosions at County Hall

"Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I'm surprised this isn't all over the national news. It's essentially a car bomb in a public building.

Theres so much in this one that is curious, not properly dealt with, mishandled, misinformation.

Any details took a long time to get out and bystanders at the scene were being essentially misinformed. Several people thought there was a fire. Others didn't know if a shooter was on the loose. I can only assume they were preventing egress to the parking garage (or at least I hope so) but the were reports that people were advised that the situation was under control when the 2nd bomb went off. I suspect why we're hearing very little details is how mismanaged this dangerous scene was.

Next, its inane that they don't release basic information, name, identity of suspect, any background information at all, but they see fit to make specific mention of what kind of explosive compound was used so that any whack job reading it could get the same idea. It seems to me that the type of explosive used, and how it was accessed, is the most logically sensitive information you would want to avoid mentioning.

Next, a lot of people live in the surrounding developments. I wonder what confidence they had in the authorities saying the situation was under control when the 2nd explosion went off, which from reports shook the ground in the area.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by nobleea View Post
    I'm surprised this isn't all over the national news. It's essentially a car bomb in a public building.
    hes white. It does fit the narrative that the news wants to spread. If he was a different nationality it would be the leading story.

Suspect identified.

21-year-old suspect in Sherwood Park explosions identified; family issues statement

The 21-year-old suspect in Tuesday evening’s parkade explosions in Sherwood Park has been identified as Kane Kosolowsky.

RCMP said in a news release Thursday afternoon that “this was a singular event.”

An autopsy determined Kosolowsky died from a gunshot wound.

“No further suspects are being sought,” RCMP said.

https://globalnews.ca/news/4645363/2...HW14NrqQhF0NOo
    From the Journal.

RCMP identify suspect in Sherwood Park explosions as Kane Kosolowsky

Mounties have not identified any motive for the attack. But the fact the RCMP major crimes unit is leading the investigation, rather than the force’s Integrated National Security Enforcement Team (INSET), offers some indication of law enforcement thinking.

RCMP K Division spokesman Fraser Logan said the major crimes unit is handling the investigation because “there is no indication that this incident is related to any group or ideology.”

“The Major Crimes Unit will continue to work through partners, such as INSET, to ensure we investigate all avenues as thoroughly as possible.”

Few details were available about Kosolowsky’s life. A court record search showed he had no criminal record in Edmonton.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/loc...ology-rcmp-say

I'd rather C2E than work!

It was global national and CBC, who else is there?

CTV...

I wonder if any students park their vehicles there as I'm curious if he had endured any type of bullying? I just heard his parents are shocked and deemed it uncharacteristic of his nature on Global.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

curious to hear about how tannerite caused the explosion. I thought you could burn tannerite and it wouldn't explode. It's not your typical explosive that easily blows up. Heck I've got lots sitting in my house at the moment...

Look up tannerite car in YouTube. One video, labeled "Happy Canada Day", had a fellow with a .50 Calibre rifle setting of a charge in a car, out in the country, of course. I would suspect how many explosive targets you can buy at once may become limited in the near future.

C2E Posting Power

It was on the national news. Both CBC and Global carried it

Quote Originally Posted by ridgeman View Post
    It was on the national news. Both CBC and Global carried it
    It is also all over the internet, hardly a secret...
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

No casualties, other then the bomber shooting himself. No ties released as of yet to a larger organization. A lone wolf does not give the media much meat to build a large narrative around, so the volume of media coverage is corrspondingly light.

I'd rather C2E than work!

We went to the jubilee tonight, for the first time ever, security was all over the place..searching purses etc.
    maybe its rattled a few people, this sadly can happen in Edmonton and area,.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmon...sion-1.4900812
    Last edited by H.L.; 11-11-2018 at 01:53 AM.