Thread: Extremists in the UCP

Default Extremists in the UCP

Seeing as this seems it will be an ongoing thing, I figured it was time for it's own topic.

So, today we get this.

The guy Jason Kenny once compared to Rosa Parks believes there's equivalency between communism, Nazis and gay rights. Yup, the same groups that put gays to death are apparently just as bad. Of course, Rebel Media is defending him.

Calgary lawyer challenging gay-straight alliance bill compares pride flags to swastikas
    John Carpay is a UCP member who Jason Kenney once compared favourably to civil-rights activist Rosa Parks

""How do we defeat today's totalitarianism? You've got to think about the common characteristics. It doesn't matter whether it's a hammer and sickle for communism, or whether it's the swastika for Nazi Germany or whether it's a rainbow flag, the underlying thing is a hostility to individual freedoms," Carpay said.

---

Christine Myatt, a spokesperson for UCP leader Jason Kenney, provided the following emailed statement in response to Carpay's comments:

"Of course we do not believe the rainbow flag has any equivalency to fascism and communism — ideologies that have been responsible for the deaths of well over 100 million people.

"The UCP is a big-tent party that supports the rule of law, equality of all before the law, and protection of the fundamental rights and freedoms of all. In that light, the UCP hosted Pride breakfasts in both Edmonton and Calgary this year."

Carpay is a UCP member who spoke to resolutions at the party's policy convention this spring.

In 2017, Kenney spoke at a Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms event, comparing Carpay's work to that of civil-rights activist Rosa Parks and asking people to donate to Carpay's organization.

Last month, Kenney disavowed a former campaign worker with ties to white supremacy and cancelled his UCP membership.

The leader said at the time he was looking to create a database to screen out extremists from seeking party memberships.

Kenney's spokesperson did not immediately respond to a request for comment on whether Carpay's views about the LGBTQ flag would qualify him as an extremist member of the party.

"To equate the Nazis with the movement for equality for LGBTQ people is abhorrent," said Duncan Kinney, the executive director of left-leaning advocacy group Progress Alberta.

"Jason Kenney was just in the media last week talking about how he's going to create a database to keep extremists out of the UCP. This is an extremist in his ranks … Kenney has spoken warmly about the human rights work Carpay has done."

A Rebel media reporter took to social media to support Carpay, saying that if Kenney decides to terminate Carpay's membership, he and others at the conference will cancel their memberships.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.4901229?fbc...fCVZ3-LbavlKbI

Anyone notice the four-page PAC ad with the Edmonton Journal yesterday, November 28th, 2018 endorsing the United Cretin Party?

If you get past the picture of Carpetbagger Kenney without getting ill you would have noticed that he was 'endorsed' by Rosa Ambrose....

Alt-rights in, LGBT supporters out. When Derek Fildebrandt is the less radical alternative....

'It's unacceptable': UCP board member quits citing past LGBTQ comments from Jason Kenney

A United Conservative member on a ream of constituency association boards has asked the party to remove him from all posts he holds, saying leader Jason Kenney’s attack on LGBTQ rights — and his failure to apologize for it — is something he can no longer stomach.

Cody Johnston did not mince his words Thursday, telling media “I can no longer sit on any UCP board with a leader like Jason Kenney.”

Johnston recently took up a role as communications director with the Freedom Conservative Party founded by ousted UCP MLA Derek Fildebrandt, but says that’s “absolutely not” why he took the unusual step of going public with his resignation Thursday.

“It’s unacceptable for this to go on anymore. This conversation has been ignored by (Kenney) for too long,” Johnston said.

Johnston, who is gay and was raised an apostolic Christian, said the final straw was a recording of Kenney which recently surfaced online, and Kenney’s failure to apologize for his past actions.

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/pol...m-jason-kenney

C2E SME

Kenney only offered regrets, not an apology, for his anti-LGBTQ activities.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

What's the likelihood that Kenney resigns and runs for leader of the federal conservatives as soon as Sheer gets tossed following his loss in 2019?

I'd say greater than 50%.

But Kenny's faith was strengthened by discriminating. He was also responsible for scrubbing mention of gay rights, including marriage, from the 2010 citizenship manual.

He says he's evolved. He hasn't said, however, in which direction.

Reinforces my thought that it really is the 'United Creepy Party'

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by nobleea View Post
    What's the likelihood that Kenney resigns and runs for leader of the federal conservatives as soon as Sheer gets tossed following his loss in 2019?

I'd say greater than 50%.

After the 2015 federal election Top_Dawg thought JT would be at least a two term prime minister.

Now Top_Dawg is not so sure.

Ol' Scheer could end up being the luckiest accidental prime minister ever.

Either way, Top_Dawg doubts big arse will return to the federal arena anytime soon.

Top_Dawg figgers if the Conservatives ever toss Scheer, ol' Ambrosia would be the odds on favourite to follow.

As for jumping into the federal arena, watch for scarecrow's big move after good ol' bus dipshit plunges off the cliff in the next provincial election.

It looks to Top_Dawg as if the powers that be in Alberta dipshit circles is already setting up her run in the next federal election. And a subsequent run for the party leadership.

The timing of Dunkin' Donut's announcement that she's not running for another term in Edmonton wing nut ground zero is very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cat View Post
    Twenty years ago? oh FFS. LOL

I know plenty of people who have changed their views, but 20 years, good lord, no wonder he leads by over 50%

Quote Originally Posted by H.L. View Post

I know plenty of people who have changed their views, but 20 years, good lord, no wonder he leads by over 50%
    Interesting.

Similar point was made on the radio today about Kenny’s 20 yr old comments being able to be used against him but not not Omar Khadr’s.

Double standards?

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post

Interesting.

Similar point was made on the radio today about Kenny’s 20 yr old comments being able to be used against him but not not Omar Khadr’s.

Double standards?
    No idea, let Khadar go, maybe he'll stay..JT can see him off, with a quick tear rolling down his cheek..LOL

Interesting.

Double standards?
    No idea, let Khadar go, maybe he'll stay..JT can see him off, with a quick tear rolling down his cheek..LOL
    It’s not the passport thing, it’s whether or not Khadr still holds radical ideas. (He was s kid and now he’s a mature hopefully thoughtful adult.) Apparently Omar Khadr wrote or said some pretty radical things before he was captured. (His sister definitely did.) So can Khadr be trusted? He’s apparently been a model prisoner and parolee or whatever and I’m assuming today reveals no radical views.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Double standards?
    Jason Kenny is running for Premier. Omar Kadhr is only trying to get a frigging passport. And you're suggesting they be held to the same standard?

Jason Kenny on same sex marriage ' "you can marry, just not each other". And he's wrong. The SCoC Found that the Canadian Constitution does enumerate the right to same sex marriage.

In other words, we're expected to believe that he made a full 180 on this issue just because he said so? The only thing he's admitting is that he is on the losing side of history. But history is never carved in stone and rights are always under attack. And you can believe that if he thought the tide was turning, he'd be leading the assault.

And as justification he stated that his position strengthened his faith. In other words, his faith overrides your freedom. How very Sharia Law of him.

To use his point, would he support a law that made the Conservative party the only political party in Canada? After all, the law wouldn't say you couldn't vote, you'd just have to vote Conservative.

And in regards to his belief his strengthening his Catholic faith, I call on him to point out one instance, just one, of Jesus Christ saying anything about gay people. He's not Christina, he's Old Testament. You know, stoning women who aren't virgins and all that.

Conservative MP Ripped for Saying Gays Can Marry - Just Not Each Other (Canada)
    Canadian Press ^ | February 13, 2005"

"Marriage is open to everybody, as long as they're a man and a woman," said Kenney.

"It doesn't say you can't marry if you're a homosexual. The fact is that homosexuals have been married and do marry."

-SNIP-

But Kenney said Sunday his remarks were intended to illustrate a point made in numerous same-sex court cases. People aren't excluded from marrying because they are gay. They're excluded because marriage itself requires a man and a woman.

"Marriage - in the eyes of those of us who support traditional marriage - is, by its nature, a heterosexual institution that requires the complementarity of the sexes," Kenney said from Calgary.

As Kenney told the Punjabi Press Club, "there's not a single human rights document in the world that enumerates a specific right to same-sex marriage," including those of the United Nations, European Union and Organization of American States.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1343048/posts
    Last edited by kkozoriz; Yesterday at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by East McCauley View Post

Double standards?
    Jason Kenny is running for Premier. Omar Kadhr is only trying to get a frigging passport. And you're suggesting they be held to the same standard?
    No not them, the people doing the rationalizing.

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Double standards?
    funny... i thought moral standards and accountability either existed or they didn’t. i didn’t realize they changed from day to day or from one activity to another.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post

Double standards?
    funny... i thought moral standards and accountability either existed or they didn’t. i didn’t realize they changed from day to day or from one activity to another.
    Sorry, I didn't realize Jason Kenney was 14 years old when he tried to keep gay couples from visiting their dying partners.

Maybe there is some intelligent distinction to be made between the actions of an under age minor under the influence of a parent or an adult living on their own, or do we just dumb it down these days and say its all the same?

Maybe Jason Kenny's father told him to say what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post

Double standards?
    Interesting. When I think about it I’m not sure myself. (From my perception of your words.) Ideas around human rights seem to have changed by year, by decade, by century. Standards and accountability seem to have changed too - often with a deeper look and broader understanding by more people into what and how events unfold. In the past a guy getting stinking stupid drunk was considered solely and fully responsible for his own actions. Now those that serve him can be held to account. (Society is still debating the same issue with lawmakers and guns manufacturers. Addictions? Seems to depend on the type of sufferer. )
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 07:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kkozoriz View Post
    Maybe Jason Kenny's father told him to say what he did.
    Or his teachers, classmates, readings years before. Once a belief is set, why would it change until something comes along to force a rethink?

So age or so called maturity may not matter as much as some random timing of exposure to and acceptance of alternative, challenging reasoning or facts. Years could pass before the right conditions for a change of mind come along. Just aging from one age to another, even if society wishes for a magical transformation at the age of majority, doesn’t mean it will happen.

Moreover, a recognition of what’s politically correct would likely lead any change of mind.
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 07:44 PM.

You'd think that being locked up in Guantanamo and tortured would fall under "something comes along that forces a rethink."

Double standards?
    Khadr made bombs! Little angel..god it's sickening how much we gave that jerk,,now he wants to talk with his foul sister!

Double standards?
    Khadr made bombs! Little angel..god it's sickening how much we gave that jerk,,now he wants to talk with his foul sister!
    He can already talk with her now (with conditions). Maybe it’s not the right forum or level privacy to him (or in accordance with his rights?)

Now... we also have this (from a past years ago):

Jason Kenney - Wikipedia

“...he was interviewed by CNN, for a segment exploring "religious values". In the segment, he was credited as "Jason Kenny – Anti-abortion Activist".[7] He argued against Jesuit professors, including Rev. John Clarke, who declared free speech essential to a university. Allowing pro-choice activists on campus, Kenney argued in the CNN interview, was "destroying the mission and the purpose of this university". In the student newspaper, he suggested that if the school gave a platform to pro-choice groups in the name of free speech, it would have no basis to refuse a similar platform to pedophiles or to the Church of Satan.[8] “

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Kenney
    Last edited by KC; Yesterday at 08:13 PM.

Double standards?
    What kind of sound and mature decision did you make when you were 15 years old? Go sit in a bus station and observe those 15 year old KIDS behave.

As per Kenny, I would have given him some grace for "youthful indescretion," over decades old comment, but the man was just recently in India under false pretense as our representative and claimed it was no big deal. He didn't take onus to correct the situation, so that tells me he is a liar and manipulator. If anyone supports this kind of character, im going to have to worry about what evil attempt he would do if he is in power.
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post

Double standards?
    What kind of sound and mature decision did you make when you were 15 years old? Go sit in a bus station and observe those 15 year old KIDS behave.

As per Kenny, I would have given him some grace for "youthful indescretion," over decades old comment, but the man was just recently in India under false pretense as our representative and claimed it was no big deal. He didn't take onus to correct the situation, so that tells me he is a liar and manipulator. If anyone supports this kind of character, i'm going to have to worry about what evil attempt he would do if he is in power.
    I would never have made bombs, that much I do know. He comes from a hate filled family, and aaww he wants to hook up again with his sister, and you snowflakes thinks that's okay? christ on a cracker

As for Kenney, I dont care what he said, I care what he will do.. cancel this tax grab of a carbon tax and push back even harder on that childlike PM..most people dont care about twenty years ago, or if he went to India, he has been many times, how the he!! do you think we got the sikh vote ? without dressing like a complete nitwit *cough* JT..
    I wasn't told about any Carbon tax when Notley was running, that tells me that she was and is a liar..! vote her OUT!.. she's an evil woman, just evil( see how stupid that sounds) sheesh..move on already

Double standards?
    I swear when he first got out of Gitmo he said he had become a Christian. Now he wants to go to Mecca.

You're misremembering. He didn't convert, he was offered a space at King's University, a Christian university. But I guess that means that they're not living up to some people's definition of Christian.

Welcoming Omar Khadr to The King’s University

The King’s University is small, even by the standards of small, Christian liberal arts schools. Lodged between a plastics manufacturer and a suburb of mid-century bungalows in southeast Edmonton, the university features a concrete arch at the entrance that gives it the look of a neighbourhood mall, while a tower behind it makes it look more like a factory. Eight hundred students flow through its baby-blue-tinged halls, majoring in arts, humanities, music, science, commerce and education, all of it imbued by a Christian perspective “as followers of Jesus Christ, the Servant-King,” according to its mission. But there is a handful of students from other faiths and, last fall, one in particular stood out: a 29-year-old Muslim man with a trim beard.

---

Several donors withdrew their funding (though Dr. Humphreys says the impact was negligible) and Dr. Zinck personally received threatening letters that were scary enough to involve police. Conservative media personality Ezra Levant accused her of turning King’s into “a factory for Khadr groupies.”

https://www.universityaffairs.ca/fea...gs-university/
    And as to "how much we gave him", it was a settlement for violating his rights as determined by the courts. But I guess people's rights don't matter. Which is why people support Jason Kenny and his "Gay people can just marry straight people" party.

And as far as Ezra Levant's feelings on Muslims, he continued to spread lies about the shooter (a white, Christian Trump supporter who killed six and injured 19) while using the shooting to raise money for Rebel media.

Ezra Levant denounced for trying to make money off Québec City terrorist attack
    "Rebel Media bought a domain to monetize the shooting but using it to spread fake news goes from sloppy journalism to straight up lying."

Note to Ezra: the families of the victims deserve support, not you.

In the wake of Sunday’s terrorist attack on a Québec City mosque that left six dead, right-wing demagogue Ezra Levant is facing heavy criticism for spreading false information and using the tragedy in a fundraising appeal for his Rebel Media website.

In a fundraising e-mail to supporters Monday, Levant questions if “the mainstream media” is telling “the truth” about who the terrorist really is.

Never mind that authorities have already charged a Québec-born white nationalist with six counts of first degree murder, Levant – a repeated libelist whom Ontario’s Superior Court found motivated by “ill-will” and a “reckless disregard for the truth” – tells supporters the media is “less concerned” with accurate reporting than they are with “protecting the official narrative – Muslims are victims, not terrorists.”

Without any evidence, Levant also asks if a Muslim congregant mistakenly taken into custody in the chaos of the mosque attack could be an “anti-Muslim murderer?” – “what’s going on here,” Levant asks. “Did a Muslim attack a mosque?”

Levant’s e-mail concludes by soliciting donations to “uncover the truth.”

https://pressprogress.ca/ezra_levant...rorist_attack/
    So who is supporting terrorism and who's making money off of it?
    Last edited by kkozoriz; Today at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post

Double standards?
    I swear when he first got out of Gitmo he said he had become a Christian. Now he wants to go to Mecca.

He has 10 million, now he wants to travel..

https://globalnews.ca/news/4762524/j...berly-fawcett/

So Omar Khadr wants to travel and speak with his Al Qaeda supporting sister Zaynab who was married to Joshua Boyle, who after his PMO meeting with Trudeau said he and Trudeau met in '06 over "common interests." Trudeau says he has "no memories" of that meeting. Hmmmm.
    Last edited by H.L.; Today at 07:58 AM.

... so far I can’t find any indication of him saying he converted.

Alberta dean denies college offered admission to Omar Khadr - The Globe and Mail
    PAUL KORING
    PUBLISHED AUGUST 13, 2010
    UPDATED MAY 2, 2018

Defence team efforts to suggest a warm Christian welcome at an small Alberta college awaits Omar Khadr and that such sanctuary should be considered at the sentencing phase of his trial have been disavowed by the dean who was supposed to testify.

Arlette Zinck, dean of the faculty of arts at The King's University College in Edmonton, denied that Mr. Khadr, a devout Muslim facing murder and terrorism charges, had been guaranteed immediate admission at one of Canada's most Christian colleges.

Yet in a filing to the military tribunal in Guantanamo, Mr. Khadr's lawyers say Ms. Zinck "will testify that her university is willing to accept Omar Khadr immediately" and "will also testify that there is a firm commitment by the board of the university to assist Omar Khadr by providing a structured, safe, educational environment when he is released from U.S. custody."

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...rticle1377064/
    Educating Omar Khadr: 'Just doing what we do,' Christian university says
    Colin Perkel / The Canadian Press
    FEBRUARY 4, 2015

The school has, or has had, Muslim, Sikh or Jewish students..,,

Tutoring him, she said at one point, was about a "gesture of mercy and compassion to a young man who has had precious little of that."

About half a dozen King's professors have since joined the voluntary effort, with some visiting him in his Canadian prisons. All consider him intelligent and a diligent student. None believes he is dangerous.

"We're not all like starry-eyed," VanKeeken said. "These are realistic, well-educated, grounded people, who aren't being fooled, who have good judgment."

https://www.timescolonist.com/educat...says-1.1752077

Omar Khadr and the politics of reactionary rage - iPolitics
    By Michael Coren. Published on Jul 11, 2017 3:20pm

“Some years ago, I wrote a column and recorded some television broadcasts in which I condemned Omar Khadr.

There is, of course, no contradiction at all between opposing jihadist violence and supporting Khadr — but that’s far too nuanced a claim to have a place in the current debate. There has been a deliberate attempt, often by senior politicians, to simplify this case in order to distort.

There is also a cult of “the other” at work. Khadr has become the prism through which many Canadian conservatives project their fear and loathing. He has taken on almost mystical or religious proportions in the eyes of the Right. To them, he personifies what is wrong with Liberals, the government, Justin Trudeau and the greater society. He’s at the heart of a supposed conspiracy, one which controls the so-called “media party” and the imagined liberal elites. Racism often plays a role in this, as does Islamophobia.

The other great lie being told is that the $10 million payment is somehow an insult to veterans suffering from underfunded government services. Rubbish. That veterans should be properly compensated and cared for is self-evident. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Omar Khadr. The connection is ...”

https://ipolitics.ca/2017/07/11/omar...ctionary-rage/
    Last edited by KC; Today at 07:47 AM.

So. Can we agree that neither Khadr’s nor Kenny have reconsidered their religions and so have not changed them? Time, events, education haven’t triggered any desire to abandon what their parents brought them up to be.

The idea that the NDP might lose in the coming election existed long before they won the last election.

The idea that the NDP might lose in the coming election existed long before they won the last election.
    Tell Cheryl Oates..lol

https://calgarysun.com/opinion/colum...cious#comments
    Last edited by H.L.; Today at 09:36 AM.

Tell Cheryl Oates..lol

Thanks for the link.

This is why people’s trust in the media is failing. Everyone is trying to manipulate and steal elections - even the journalists are gaming the system.

I just had another poll, looks like it was commissioned by the NDP judging by the questions... So I gave my very honest answers,.lol

Tell Cheryl Oates..lol

Thanks for the link.

This is why people’s trust in the media is failing. Everyone is trying to manipulate and steal elections - even the journalists are gaming the system.
    I haven't trusted the media in years they are slanted, always have been. Now they don't report the news, they are part of it..

Double standards?
    You still conveniently forget to mention that he was a child soldier forced to make bombs at the age of 15. He then had his Geneva Convention rights violated. We are still not certain that he threw a grenade.

I do not see how throwing a grenade in combat is a war crime even if he was an adult. If that was the case, every soldier is a war criminal.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.