Thread: Edmonton Airshow 2019

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Default Edmonton Airshow 2019

Performer schedules are coming out and guess what?!

Snowbirds are back!
    https://www.facebook.com/CFSnowbirds...type=3&theater

CF-18 Demo Team is coming!!
    https://www.facebook.com/CF18Demo

And...

A-10C Demo Team from Arizona is coming!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/A10DemoTeam...type=3&theater
    https://www.acc.af.mil/Home/Aerial-Events/A10DemoTeam/

This is going to be a great show.

Are you kidding me??? This is going to be fantastic! Ramp up the food trucks and beer tents! This has the makings of an epic event. Well done!
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Thumbs up

Shades of former glory. Don't stop now!

C2E Long Term Contributor

Awesome! A-10!!!!
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

More announcements to come...
    President and CEO - Edmonton Airshow

Expeli-shortrunway!

From Abbotsford 2018 ...

A-10 Warthog / Thunderbolt II

CF-188 Hornet

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

All,

I still have the early bird ticket sales online. http://www.edmontonairshow.com. There was an e-mail, Facebook, Instagram, and press release sent a couple weeks ago to people who left their information for us last year, and uptake is good, but the sale ends January 7.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spill View Post
    Expeli-shortrunway!

From Abbotsford 2018 ...

A-10 Warthog / Thunderbolt II

...if you go to the Facebook Page of the airshow, you'll see this demo team is bringing a friend...a choice of 1 of 3. Either a P51, F4U, or F-86 is coming for a heritage flight. Feel free to comment your choice on the Facebook or Instagram page.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Update.

We're working on an entirely new web presence, as well as major long term announcement for 2019+. I hope to have this launched by mid March.

We've received a ton of requests by the USN and the USMC to attend, as well as over 5 USAF/National Guard Hercs want to attend. I won't say which ones...but I can tell you that these won't be seen anywhere else in AB this year, or possibly in Western Canada. Oh, and 2 of these Hercs are carrying some cool cargo...

The Alaskans want to come back. The helicopters want to make up for last year.

We have several warbirds that are fighting to attend. I am looking for a way to get them all here. The best thing is that most of these planes offer rides. So, if you know of a company/companies that want to have their brand associated with a B-25, B-17, F4U, P-51, P-40, C-47, etc., please send them to [email protected] . Exclusivity, rides, and media appearances are a part of the package...

AS I've mentioned before, this is not just an airshow, and we are working on 2 key deliverables that took major steps forward today.

The first is including the myriad of services, personnel, and capabilities of the Edmonton Garrison and showcasing them at the site. We are working through details of what can come, and making sure it fits the schedule. The key this year is to offer a presence that we can build on. I am very excited at the extremely positive response I received today from the base.

The second is the Career/Job fair. We are tentatively calling it Showcase 2019. This is intended to be a career fair for youth looking to enter into the aerospace and defense world, and also be a recruiting/job fair for those skilled enough to become employed. We have positive interest from several companies and manufacturers, with some bringing assets to the static line. Our goal is 40 employers to be at the fair. Look for those announcements coming up soon.

...and I am off on a business trip next week to our proposed US partner...hopefully we can ink a great deal that will bring even more, and faster, planes to our event!

In short, I am well on my way to helping reinvigorate the old business plan I have of creating an Aerospace Centre of Excellence in Edmonton. I'm just hoping other partners like the City of Edmonton can now find it worthy to get on board. A small group of people have created a show big enough to attract manufacturers, get constantly solicited by US and other foreign assets to attend, and has put Edmonton back on the aviation map. Not bad if I do say so myself...

^ Suuuh-weet. Fantastic update with hints of great things yet to come. Not bad if I say so, too.

Fantastic to hear. People of the region thank you for this hard work.

BRRRRRRT

5 Hercs!? Some people are going to lose their minds!

Elephant walk?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

happy to break the sabbatical for this one RichardS...

(a) this is important for the region as a business generator/cluster and not simply as entertainment as fabulous as the entertainment can/will be.

(b) no one has worked harder or been more committed to making this a success than you have. you’ve earned a home run on this file and you deserve to be recognized for it in quarters that have ignored its potential for too long.

good luck with the ticket sales and additional sponsorship it deserves getting over the finish line.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

C2E SME

This great to hear, hope continued success and looking forward to the show.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Jackson View Post
    BRRRRRRT

5 Hercs!? Some people are going to lose their minds!

Elephant walk?
    Ha, yeah, 5 would be a lot. I think I may be a bit choosey, but there are 2 of the USAF ones I'd love to see, and the Alaska NG guys as well...

I'd love an elephant walk, but that may be a bit hard...

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the kind words all...it is appreciated.

We are looking to seriously ramp this up, but any words of support you can send to your local city councillor or MLA would be great. They still seem to be stuck in regional politics in some areas, and I'd like to make this one of the top 10 shows in North America. That means a heck of a lot more work...

A10 -F35 would be nice not sure why we need 5 hercs though tbh

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

We have an A-10C coming...it will have friends...

Like I said, I will be a bit choosey, but there are several vairants of the C-130 out there. It is one of the most utilized aircraft in the USAF/RCAF. Search and rescue, troop and VIP transport, cargo, gunship, aerial refuelling...

F-35..had one on the way last year...politics and smoke got in the way...working on that for the future...