I was trying to find some old quotes where PC basically threw Green in front of the bus 30 seconds after he made the Reinhart trade, but found this instead: https://www.coppernblue.com/2017/10/...n-strome-trade

A couple years old, but still a valid assessment of the Oilers' horrendous professional scouting. The crazy part is that right here and now, 2 years later, Messier and Cichocki remain essentially the only 2 pro scouts in the organization, along with he newly hired director of pro scouting Archie Henderson. That's mind blowing. They haven't had a permanent pro scout in Europe for years, apparently. Paul Messier looks to be a pretty good explanation for the horrendous trades they've made to Eastern Conference teams over the last few years, along with some terrible UFA signings of Eastern players who cratered out West (Mark Fayne, for example). I wonder if Chicago was his to scout, too? Someone needs to explain the Manning trade, anyway.

I'm sure Holland and Henderson will be cleaning out scouting department, which consisted of all of 2-3 people apparently for most of the last 5 years. Why it was ever left in such a sorry state in the first place, I have no idea.