Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 630 CHED

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Maybe he said some things that were inappropriate when they were interviewing the pole dancing instructor yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    So Dan Tencer is now a scout for the WHL Saskatoon Blades.
    I thought he was doing that all along.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Turtle View Post
    So Dan Tencer is now a scout for the WHL Saskatoon Blades.
    He was a scout for the Blades while he was still at CHED.
    They're going to park their car over there. You're going to park your car over here. Get it?

C2E Long Term Contributor

Ryan Jespersen ‏@ryanjespersen 10m10 minutes ago
    I'm thrilled to invite you to tune into The Ryan Jespersen Show on @630CHED 9am-noon weekdays starting Monday, January 12!
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Mark Scholz has decided to leave CHED to be a stay-at-home father. With his departure, Andrew Grose is moving back to the afternoons with J'Lynn Nye (which is probably a better fit for him personally, given he's a standup comedian at night), and Ryan Jespersen, now formerly of CityTV's Breakfast Television, will be hosting the CHED Nine to Noon show, now titled the Ryan Jesperson Show. His show begins officially next Monday. No link yet, as they just announced it on CHED.

Edit:
    New show banner up on website
    Quote Originally Posted by 630 CHED
    Last edited by Ustauk; 05-01-2015 at 10:25 AM.

Wonder who will take over from him on BT?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I was starting to think he and Bridget Ryan would do BT together forever. That show wasn't very good before those two got together.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Love Ryan, looking forward to his show

CHED Website has new afternoon banner:

Quote Originally Posted by 630 CHED Website

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    I was starting to think he and Bridget Ryan would do BT together forever. That show wasn't very good before those two got together.
    The main reason why I never watch BT is because I can't stand Bridget. I am stumped by her continued presence since the show was known as the Big Breakfast from the A Channel days many years ago.

BTW does anyone else find it somewhat ironic that a former BT host is essentially replacing a former Big Breakfast host...again? (well OK there was the former MuchMusic VJ between them, who was only here long enough for a cup of coffee)

I actually like Bridget Ryan. I can totally see why she would annoy people though. She's quirky.

That, and her voice grates on me.

Smile

I can't help feeling that Mark Scholz saw the writing on the wall. I like him as a person but wasn't a big fan of his sunny disposition. Too much positivity makes me itchy.
    "all we are say-ing ... is give beer a chaaaance"

What do you guys think of the Ryan Jespersen show so far?

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    What do you guys think of the Ryan Jespersen show so far?
    Not to bad. Maybe slightly left-leaning (which I don't mind), but overall pretty balanced. He's read texts on the air from complaining about him from both sides of the spectrum; if they are getting complaints from both sides, it's probably a good sign a show is balanced.

Yes, he's been balanced and fair which is fine but it almost seems like he has no opinion of his own. I feel like he's been far too diplomatic thus far. A radio host should be a little bit opinionated to at least make it interesting. The host is part of the show after all. He's not just an interviewer/text reader.

Also the topics have been rather boring. Assisted suicide, mental health, NDP, zzzzzzz....

As a result I haven't tuned into his show much lately.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123