Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chinese food - any recommendations?

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Chinese food - any recommendations?

I am dying for some hot and spicy Szechuan-style eats.
    So none of that bland deep-fried crap, thank you very much.
    Is Blue Willow any good?
    How about China Palace on Whyte Ave?
    Any other recommendations?

The Lingnan!

Best in Edmonton I dare say, of course in my humble opinion!!

http://www.thelingnan.com/

(also the same owner of the ever famous Chicken For Lunch in the Scotia Place food court)

The Lingnan has been serving Edmonton and surrounding area with fine Cantonese and Szechuen cuisine since 1947. We are a Consumer's Choice Award recognized establishment and the winner of the World Famous Restaurants International Award.

All our meals are prepared in the traditional uncompromising style, cooked to perfection. The core of our talented culinary staff is composed of veteran skilled chefs in a variety of styles. Enjoy a refreshing drink from our full service bar prepared by our fully certified bartenders.

The Lingnan features two main dining areas and a large banquet room for special occassions. Come and enjoy the surroundings in an unique authentic traditional chinese setting that is second to none. If you prefer to dine at home we offer a city wide, free delivery service.

We pride ourselves in the quality of our service and cuisine. Come visit us soon - we're waiting to serve you! Thankyou for visiting this website.

Partially Addicted to C2E

my fav....the hot and spicy soup in china town (#18 on the menu)across the street from lucky 97 in china town, forget the name i go there all the time so adicting.... there is also 1 place a block down wich is just as good. thing is most are not open during the day, the chinese work diferent, anyways its really good i recomend trying all china town has to offer.

Default Re: Chinese food - any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey
    Is Blue Willow any good?
    SDM,

Blue Willow and China Palace are okay but bland for my taste (which is atomic and then kick it up a few knotches).

In the westend we go to Cha for Tea (Stony and 176) and they do turn the heat on (once they get to know you mean it!).

I miss Chilli Hot Hot as there is a dearth of Szechuan places these days.

Thanh Thanh Oriental Noodle House on 101 just of 107 Ave is not Szechuan style but the food is fantastic and the spice level is adjustable!

I probably should have read this thread before heading out to dinner. I gave the Blue Willow a try and it was merely passable but nothing to rave about. I will try the Lingnan next time.

Addicted to C2E

China Palace has been having ongoing concerns with
    the Health Board, and their food isn't that good anyways.
    Lingnan has been good for years, and yeah, Blue Willow
    is passable. Some have smorgs on Sundays, which is a great
    way to try their different menu selections.

while none are szechuan really...i highly recommend:

sai woo - amazing traditional dishes - 97ast/106ave

spicy garden - mix of everything and quite good - 97st/105ave

chin kee - stony plain rd 149st
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I second djgirl's and Ian's suggestions. Those are great places.

I would also add Old Szechuan Restaurant to the list. The service is a bit slow (expect to be there for at least 2 hours or so), but the food has plenty of kick to it and is good when it gets there.
    Time to grow up.

Definitely another one to avoid is Beijing Beijing on Calgary Trail, in the strip mall hell north of 34 Ave. I happened to be in the area recently so I popped in. First sign of trouble, no chopsticks on the tables. I skipped the buffet and ordered off the menu just to see how hot some of their spicy dishes are. My verdict is that you can get spicier food at Denny's and that's if you're not sprinkling black pepper on your eggs.

Will definitely give the Old Szechuan a try.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Default Re: Chinese food - any recommendations?

Is Blue Willow any good?
    Try the fried rice, yes it may sound dumb but the moment u try the fried rice u'll know if the rest of the suff on the menu is nice becuz fried rice is the most basic food if the chef can't get it right and be prepared! Chinese is very standard when it comes to eating, 3 dishes and a soup.

Of the 3 dish there wld be meat, veg and fish. the soup helps to complete the meal. For meat i wld recommend black pepper beef or sweet and sour pork, fish wld be steamed fish of any kind, veg juz go for the simple oyster sauce stir fry veg. Soup u can try winter melon soup(if they have it).
    Online weight loss and exercise advice with a personal advisor for motivation and help to achieve.

First One is Always Free

I have two words for you (ok maybe more than 2).

"Rose Garden"

16520 100 Avenue NW

This is one of my favorite chinese restaurant in Edmonton.

When you enter, it may seem at first that the restaurant is geared towards "westerners" but when you actually sit down and try their food, it's heaven on a plate (maybe a little exaggerated).

Definitely order the chicken wings with the special fried rice stuffed inside. That is to die for. I don't know of any other restaurant that offers this dish.

Give it a try and tell us how it went.

Lingnan and

matahari, matahari, matahari, matahari, matahari!!

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreypen
    I have two words for you (ok maybe more than 2).

"Rose Garden"

16520 100 Avenue NW

This is one of my favorite chinese restaurant in Edmonton.

When you enter, it may seem at first that the restaurant is geared towards "westerners" but when you actually sit down and try their food, it's heaven on a plate (maybe a little exaggerated).

Definitely order the chicken wings with the special fried rice stuffed inside. That is to die for. I don't know of any other restaurant that offers this dish.

Give it a try and tell us how it went.
    I can vouch for Rose Garden...it's excellent.

you can use any cut of meat , try cutting it partially frozen you can get very thin uniform slices. Try to cut against the grain of the meat. cut a slice and pull each side one way will be tough the other should almost peel apart. this is the right way to cut. Heat pan and sear meat quickly to seal in juices, then lower heat and proceed with cooking. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by kinevict
    you can use any cut of meat , try cutting it partially frozen you can get very thin uniform slices. Try to cut against the grain of the meat. cut a slice and pull each side one way will be tough the other should almost peel apart. this is the right way to cut. Heat pan and sear meat quickly to seal in juices, then lower heat and proceed with cooking. Good luck.
    Thanks for the tips.

Welcome to C2E too!

Yeah, but I want to either eat in or take out, not to cook the stuff!
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Golden Rice Bowl on Gateway is a favorite of mine.

Good Taste (23 ave ~109 street) has some pretty tasty dishes as well. Not as good as Golden Rice Bowl, but cheap and close to my place.

To those of you recommending Lingnan:

I was just taking a closer look at their menu and they've got Canadian fare like chicken fingers and french fries. Sorry, but a Chinese restaurant that also serves Western cuisine is one of my personal indicators to avoid. A "Chinese & Western" joint is fine for a one-horse town out in the middle of nowhere that serves those locals who want their first baby steps towards ethnic cuisine but their crusty old grandpa Irvin wants none of that foreigner crap but they can't leave him alone at home. But not for a global metropolis like Edmonton.

Reviews here are also mixed:
    http://www.restaurantthing.com/ca/ab...nt.php?ID=1998

Jumbo (especially for seafood and Dim Sum) 170th Street and 102 Ave.

Ken's Kitchen - Hong Kong style on 9261 - 34th Avenue. Small place with not that an extensive menu but the food is big on taste and quality.

To those of you recommending Lingnan:

I was just taking a closer look at their menu and they've got Canadian fare like chicken fingers and french fries. Sorry, but a Chinese restaurant that also serves Western cuisine is one of my personal indicators to avoid. A "Chinese & Western" joint is fine for a one-horse town out in the middle of nowhere that serves those locals who want their first baby steps towards ethnic cuisine but their crusty old grandpa Irvin wants none of that foreigner crap but they can't leave him alone at home. But not for a global metropolis like Edmonton.

Reviews here are also mixed:
    http://www.restaurantthing.com/ca/ab...nt.php?ID=1998
    In most cases, I would agree, but this is a special case. judge for yourself of course.

First One is Always Free

Spicy Garden - congee, noodles, mein

Golden Rice Bowl - dim sum, dinner

Cha for Tea - dinner

^ Cha for Tea -- Dinner and Dim Sum

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by djgirl
    ^ Cha for Tea -- Dinner and Dim Sum
    x 1... Good stuff
    Go ahead, speed pass me... I'll meet you at the next red light.

^ Yup...I have them on speed dial.

First One is Always Free

The Lingnan has excellent Szechuan beef - the best, I think. Their beef aristocratic chow mein is good too. My kids love the won ton soup there.

A lot of people like Happy Garden in Parkallen. They have good green onion cakes, but I don't think their Szechuan beef is great.

There is also a Szechuan place on Whyte Ave and 110/111 Street, - The Mandarin. I haven't been there for years, but it used to be very good.

I gave the Mandarin (Whyte Ave and 111 St) a try, and although I've had better, it's still good enough for future takeout orders. I saw a few Asians dining there, most of whom I assume are local students from overseas.

Surprised it hasn't been mentioned. North China Restaurant on White (9920 82 Avenue.) I consider their Szechuan beef to be quintessential.

Has the North China re-opened ?

Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    Has the North China re-opened ?
    Hah! That would explain it. Didn't know it had closed, it's been a long while. I didn't get to savour that last-Szechwan-beef bite.

I dream of their hot n sour soup
    Best in the city

A friend of mine recently opened Tasty Choice around the corner from Cora's in the south side. Good selection of quick eats, BBT (bubble tea), and crepes.

Their pork bone noodle soup is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I dream of their hot n sour soup
    Best in the city
    I judge the quality of Chinese restaurants by their hot & sour soup. Mandarin's is quite good - one individual bowl wasn't enough!

Addicted to C2E

Another place for Szechuan style food is Spice Kitchen on 104 Ave.
    http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/131/9032...tchen-Edmonton
    Personally, I like Spicy Garden on 97 St a lot too !

All Happy rocks my Chinese food world

I was at Good Buddy near Century Park for dinner - I mainly went because of an Aeroplan points special. Good food, friendly and efficient staff and about 90% Chinese patrons. HUGE menu too.

http://www.goodbuddy.ca/

Question: I thought there was a north side location?

^I think they have a location in Northgate.
    "A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

Quote Originally Posted by JOA View Post
    You mean a food court kiosk like the one in City Centre Mall? Or an actual sit-down restaurant?

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    You mean a food court kiosk like the one in City Centre Mall? Or an actual sit-down restaurant?
    Sir, I doubly assure you, you will not be disappointed by the Lingnan. They have 2 *Canadian dishes* on their takeout menu (I don't think they have it for sit down customers, at least not that I remember seeing on their menu). That said, I highly recommend you at least once have the sitdown experience at the Lingnan. They have their own brand of beer, nice authentic atmosphere and well kept, clean and interesting decor. If you get to meet Amy, shes wonderful and engaging although it can be hard to get a few minutes of her time between the numerous customers who she wants to say hi to and talk to for a couple minutes, and the work she has to do behind the scenes. I've met her a few times and consider her to be practically family. She usually calls me nephew And I feel certain you will not be disappointed by the food. It's top notch. Hint: Hot and dry spicy chicken. It's not super hot for us with nuclear resistant mouths and stomachs, but the flavour is absolutely unmatched, in my opinion.
    Last edited by magu2k; 05-07-2010 at 12:15 AM.

I've tried Lingnan - bland and overrated. It's OK if you still like the North American style, I prefer the more authentic fare with some heat.

I'm not sure, I'm going by the sign I've seen on the back of the building.
    "A doctor can bury his mistakes but an architect can only advise his clients to plant vines." - Frank Lloyd Wright

First One is Always Free

I've tried Lingnan - bland and overrated. It's OK if you still like the North American style, I prefer the more authentic fare with some heat.
    Depends on what you order. Their Szechuan is not the hottest, but it is better than any I've had anywhere in the city.

My kids like Cantonese, so we don't order a lot of hot and spicy dishes.

It is an actual sit down restaurant. Good food. I've been there many times.

Just out of curiosity, what dishes represent more authentic fare for you?
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

never answered e-mail

I was at Good Buddy near Century Park for dinner - I mainly went because of an Aeroplan points special. Good food, friendly and efficient staff and about 90% Chinese patrons. HUGE menu too.

http://www.goodbuddy.ca/

Question: I thought there was a north side location?
    I quite enjoy Good Buddy...I remember dining in at Good Buddy near Northgate (9499 137 Ave NW ) about a couple years ago

Quote Originally Posted by norwoodguy View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what dishes represent more authentic fare for you?
    For one thing, the authentic fare is more spicy. I tried Lingnan's hot & sour soup and it was anything but. Kung Pao Chicken - the real thing is pungent enough to burn a 2nd rectum in you; what I got at Lingnan is no more spicy than Colonel Sanders' secret herbs. And take a close look around the restaurant itself - when I was there it almost 100% round eyes.
    Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 05-07-2010 at 09:10 PM.

^I salute your gastronomical temerity. Sounds like you would appreciate the spicy offerings from the likes of Church's Fried Chicken and Popeyes. Alas, none of which can be found in this neck of the woods...
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

I'll throw in my personal favourite, Pearl River (4728 - 99 street) for consistently delicious Chinese food. It doesn't get that much hype, but their Schezuan beef is the best I've had in this city and you really can't go wrong with anything on their menu... highly recommended.

Kung Pao Chicken - the real thing is pungent enough to burn a 2nd rectum in you; what I got at Lingnan is no more spicy than Colonel Sanders' secret herbs. And take a close look around the restaurant itself - when I was there it almost 100% round eyes.
    If you like kung pao chicken try it from Old Szechuan. Best I've had here.

Two establishments where I have frequented many times - Red Phoenix across from the Royal Alex and Jumbo on 170 street. Tasty tasty tasty.

Quote Originally Posted by AqibS View Post
    I'll throw in my personal favourite, Pearl River (4728 - 99 street) for consistently delicious Chinese food. It doesn't get that much hype, but their Schezuan beef is the best I've had in this city and you really can't go wrong with anything on their menu... highly recommended.
    +1

Totally forgot about this place !

Top_Dawg got dragged out there by the bulls to a couple of work functions.

He was really impressed.

I prefer authentic Chinese food and not western (which I believe Lingnan is). If you do too, then for "fast food" Chinese food I recommend Garden Bakery in Chinatown...and other places I like are Dynasty (good dim sum too) and Good Buddy (northgate).
    Just a note if people wonder what I consider western, it's things like chicken balls, eggrolls, or some type of combo dish lol. I'm Asian so I'm lucky that I also have parents that can make the authentic Asian dish, or can order the good stuff at restaurants...I can't read Chinese and sometimes they don't have it in English haha.
    Last edited by Gizmo; 12-07-2010 at 07:44 AM.

I tell you.. All Happy and Garden Bakery... All Happy is my Fav though
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Whoops....I just edited mine....I did mean Garden Bakery

There's one near Chinatown, it's called Old Szechuan. Website: http://www.edmontonszechuan.com

edmonton has many good authentic cantonese, but not the Szechuan.
    even vancouver and toronto dont have many authentic Szechuan restaurants.
    in edmonton, only few restaurants have SOME real Szechuan dishes and usually their menus combine with some northeastern chinese cuisine as well.

old szechuan, the food wasn't bad, but i wouldn't go back unless they renovate the restaurant.

bird's nest of beijing, even tho some of their dishes may be overpower on spicy, it's still the best in my opinion. REAL szechuan dishes do use a lots of peppercorn.

chinese dumpling house, this one is northeastern chinese cuisine, northeastern chinese cuisine usually is good at flour-made dishes like dumpling, onion cake, and noodle soup.

king's noodle & hot pot, hot pot is the symbol of szechuan cuisine, very traditional, but really it's not a dish since you are the cook. by the way, bird's nest has hot pot too.
    Last edited by timeout; 22-07-2010 at 04:35 PM. Reason: typo

by the way, my friend told me that urban china is really good, but i didn't get a chance to try it yet, just pass the msg anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by timeout View Post
    .. just pass the msg anyway.
    Indeed. How much MSG do they use in their cooking?

Urban China has unique dishes, but their prices are set a little too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    i think most of the chinese and japanese restaurants use MSG.

i have no idea for Urban China's food since i didn't try it yet.

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by AqibS View Post
    Agree 100%. Pearl River Beef dish = best meal in the city!

Quote Originally Posted by Legacy View Post
    i think most of the chinese and japanese restaurants use MSG.

i have no idea for Urban China's food since i didn't try it yet.
    The joke... you missed it.

lol, i got it now.

Any updated recommendations? It's been a long while since I've had my hot & sour soup fix. Up until last year I was ordering my Asian fare from Buddy Won Ton on Calgary Trail, but last time I did, their chicken dish did not look or taste like chicken!

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Cha for Tea on SPR and roughly 174 St.

Dan shing on spr
    www.decl.org

All Happy!
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Good Buddy, on the south side of 23 Ave. at Century Park always seems full of Chinese people, so maybe that's a good indicator of a decent restaurant. I've been in there a couple of times, but found it less than spectacular. Nothing dreadful, just very ordinary.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Beijing Beijing is good for dinner (haven't tried lunch). A bit more expensive, but imho also a cut above most Chinese restaurants in Edmonton.

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    All Happy!
    I did a quick google...is this place called "All Happy Family"?

All happy and all happy family are one and the same
    www.decl.org

Really - that's the name of the restaurant? Do they have this song playing in a continuous loop? If not, they should:

All Happy Family Restaurant

BEST Chinese in town!! Say hi to Whinnie. She just had a baby

First One is Always Free

Any updated recommendations? It's been a long while since I've had my hot & sour soup fix. Up until last year I was ordering my Asian fare from Buddy Won Ton on Calgary Trail, but last time I did, their chicken dish did not look or taste like chicken!
    I like the hot an sour at Pearl River and the one at Golden Rice Bowl isn't too bad. Both places serve an excellent Peking Duck. If you like hot and spicy soup, try the Korean soup at the Ginseng Restaurant; in fact, go to the nightly Korean BBQ buffet and have as much soup and other goodies as you want. Terrific meat to BBQ at the table plus much else.
    Last edited by Curmudgeon; 11-06-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Sai Woo on 97st used to be good.

Spicy Kitchen on 97st in the Pacific Rim mall is consistently good with a great menu.
    www.decl.org

So this thread is pretty much looking for best *western* chinese food for whiteys eh?

If it means wanting chicken meat to be made from the actual chicken bird, yes

All Happy has a great Non Whitie Menu...

ALL HAPPY.. it's open to 4 am!

As you can tell i'm kinda all happy nuts.

Try the peaches and shrimp.

We go to Double Greeting on 96th a lot, bit of a local for us.
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

^an Edmonton landmark.
    www.decl.org

It's where I go to get my

I wonder if Notley went to Double Greeting?
    I think of art, at its most significant, as a Distant Early Warning system that can always be relied on to tell the old culture what is beginning to happen to it. —Marshall McLuhan

If it means wanting chicken meat to be made from the actual chicken bird, yes
    Haha, c'mon.. it's not all dog meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dialog View Post
    We go to Double Greeting on 96th a lot, bit of a local for us.
    Double Greasy is the best, great value! I always order extra noodle dishes to take home and eat the next day.

We went to Blue Quill Chinese Food last night and ordered four items to take out. They're located in the Blue Quill shopping centre on Saddleback. Food was excellent, and they don't use M.S.G.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

I forgot about the Mandarin on Whyte Ave, so I tried them again. Not bad at all!

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Dan shing on spr
    Tried them tonight. Very tasty food and friendly staff.

Tried a couple of Chinatown haunts recently.

All Happy Family - 4 stars out of 5
    I came away all happy. Thanks for the recommend, EDP

Taipan Cafe - 2 stars out of 5
    For a place that has 100% Asian patrons, the food I ordered was shockingly mediocre. I must have been given the whitey menu.

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Dialog View Post
    It's where I go to get my

I wonder if Notley went to Double Greeting?
    Bob The Angry Flower...classic Edmonton cartoon!!!
    Thank You For Finally Going Higher!

Quote Originally Posted by 24karat View Post
    Food was excellent, and they don't use M.S.G.
    How could you tell? I am skeptical when resturants write this.

Its funny how paranoid people are about MSG - McDonalds for example uses it (true, not really an endorsment). Spoon for spoon, salt is far worse for you than MSG, its basically just fear of something not used to, if umami was so bad, the Japanese wouldn't have the long life spans they have.

Why do so many Americans, even very well-educated ones, still believe that MSG is bad for our health? It is an urban myth that it causes allergic reactions. Many studies from around the world have proven that MSG is no more harmful to our health than plain salt, yet the urban myth in the US continues. (Read Wikipedia entry on MSG ») In fact, in large quantities, salt is more harmful to our health than MSG is. When restaurants don’t use MSG, they just put more salt which is worse. I think it’s just because the name “monosodium glutamate” sounds too scary. If we called salt by its chemical name, I think the same thing would happen: “Would you like some sodium chloride on your French fries?”
    http://alllooksame.com/?p=696
    Last edited by moahunter; 24-09-2012 at 04:20 PM.

Pear River on 99th. Street and 47 Ave.

Very tasty, professional service with linens beyond reproach.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wilson View Post
    Pearl River on 99th. Street and 47 Ave.

Very tasty, professional service with linens beyond reproach.
    Very nice restaurant as well. Nicely appointed. No greasy spoon joint this.

My only quibble would be ingredients on plate don't closely match what is described on menu. They do some substitutions of vegetables and such. I think I even had dried seaweed or some such thing on the peppercorn beef instead of peppers. It was tasty anyway.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Heading back in town, was in the mood for something Asian and spicy, so decided to stop at Szechuan Castle on 111 Ave east of 156 St. Let's see: attached to a budget motel, all the customers are white seniors, truckers and rednecks, no chopsticks at the table...how bad can it be? The hot and sour soup was anything but, half the buffet entrees were empty and not filled, what was left was your typical bland small town honkified Chinese fare. Dead loss. Avoid.

I've been to the Garden Bakery for delicious pork buns, but I've never had dinner there. Feeling the need to erase last night's experience with Szechuan Castle, I decided to take the plunge. The shrimp rice rolls and the hot & sour soup were awesome. Chicken with Pepper Sauce on Rice and the lukewarm tea, not quite so awesome. There were just 2 very busy but polite servers, which made for long waits. Sadly, they were out of pork buns.

Thumbs up, but I prefer All Happy Family.

p.s. Next time I go there or to All Happy Family, gotta remember to park out back. Leaving my car out in the street in that neighborhood is always worrisome.

Garden is ok, but AHFR is consistently good.... be it for dinner or 3am.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by iano View Post
    garden is ok, but ahfr is consistently good.... Be it for dinner or 3am.
    ahfr?

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Garden is ok, but AHFR is consistently good.... be it for dinner or 3am.

Ho-ly !

AHRF or any kind of chinese food at 3 am invariably leads to AGID.

Top_Dawg never figgered you of all people could succumb to this rookie mistake.

Then again, just this past Sunday Top_Dawg tumbled out of O2s after a long shift of guzzling beer and watching Yankee football.

He had every intention of making a quick stop at Save-On to pick up a nice light bite before crashing.

Nope.

Given Top_Dawg's clouded judgment he ends up in Mucho Burrito.

MISTAKE

Jus' goes to show it can even happen to the best from time to time.

ALFR + All Happy Family Resto.. or just All Happy

All Happy is THE BEST!

Quote Originally Posted by hello lady View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iano View Post
    garden is ok, but ahfr is consistently good.... Be it for dinner or 3am.
    ahfr?
    A Google search leaves me to believe IanO is referring to All Happy Family Restaurant, located at 10011 106 Ave NW, with city wide delivery, and open from 4PM to 4 AM.

Ian, do you know if the BBQ Duck on Rice or BBQ Pork on Rice at All Happy is not breaded? I'm always on the lookout for some gluten free late night food for me and the missus

^ try the hot pots

^^I believe most if not all of the duck or BBQ is not breaded, but call and confirm.
    www.decl.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast