Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BMO Building (101 St. & 102 Ave.) | Discussion

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default BMO Building (101 St. & 102 Ave.) | Discussion

Bank just divesting or maybe a company strategically entrenching what could be a uber prime redevelopment site?

----------------------------------------------------------
    Bank of Montreal sells main-branch building
    Ron Chalmers, edmontonjournal.com
    Published: 2:15 pm

EDMONTON - The Bank of Montreal has sold its Edmonton main-branch building on the southeast corner of 102nd Avenue and 101st Street.

The bank will lease the property back from the new owners, Realex Properties Corp. of Calgary and a partner described in a news release as "a large U.S.-based investment and fund manager."

Justice Canada also continues as a tenant in the 133,509-square-foot building, where rents average $22.95 per square foot per year.
    Email to a friendEmail to a friendPrinter friendlyPrinter friendly
    Font:

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

The partnership also has bought the 96,804-square-foot GE Services Centre, which houses a GE call centre, at 13140 St. Albert Trail, and the 26,381-square-foot GE Turbine Building in Sherwood Park. Their lease rates average $13.08 per square foot.

Realex's 50-per-cent interest in the three buildings cost $35.2 million.

In Edmonton, Realex also has interests in four other suburban office buildings. Its Edmonton holdings constitute 40 per cent of its portfolio.

"We believe the Edmonton market is really showing signs of growth and good value," Realex president Marc Sadarchuk said today. "The strategy of aligning Realex with financial institutions for purposes of jointly acquiring real estate allows Realex to leverage its management expertise," the news release explained.

The three deals were brokered by Colliers International. Realex, previously a privately held company, issued an initial public offering one year ago. Its shares now trade on the TSX Venture Exchange.

[email protected]

© Edmonton Journal 2007
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Default Re: Bank of Montreal sells main-branch building

Quote Originally Posted by IanO
    Bank just divesting or maybe a company strategically entrenching what could be a uber prime redevelopment site?
    Yes.

Maybe. They sure tried to pitch it that way.
    [email protected][email protected]: the 5th Horseman of the Apocalypse

Addicted to C2E

This is that awkward cube that replaced the Tegler building, right?

Quote Originally Posted by travis
    This is that awkward cube that replaced the Tegler building, right?
    yup
    www.decl.org

C2E Hard Core Contributor

While it may be an unpopular view here, I think this building is one of the nicest modern low rise buildings downtown. The inside is airy and open (maybe the office levels are different). There is great visual communication between the outside and inside - good for street level 'interaction'. As a bank building (I realize it's no longer being fully utilized as such), it's got perfect outside architecture. The corner stone pillars are oversized to give a solid appearance. The stout figure accentuates this. This is balanced by all the glass (not mirror glazed for once), which gives it an inviting feel which you'd expect in a public bank.

I, for one, would hope a lot more buildings get replaced before this one does.

Quote Originally Posted by nobleea
    While it may be an unpopular view here, I think this building is one of the nicest modern low rise buildings downtown. The inside is airy and open (maybe the office levels are different). There is great visual communication between the outside and inside - good for street level 'interaction'. As a bank building (I realize it's no longer being fully utilized as such), it's got perfect outside architecture. The corner stone pillars are oversized to give a solid appearance. The stout figure accentuates this. This is balanced by all the glass (not mirror glazed for once), which gives it an inviting feel which you'd expect in a public bank.

i very much agree...but a 4/5 storey building like this where a 20-40 storey should be is my qualm.
    www.decl.org

There is great visual communication between the outside and inside - good for street level 'interaction'. As a bank building (I realize it's no longer being fully utilized as such), it's got perfect outside architecture.
    Honest? This thing has all the street level interaction of a statue. It's unbroken walls on all four sides at grade with few doors.

In my textbook, "street level interaction" speaks to interactions with HUMANS (i.e. retail storefronts, restaurants, benches, visual connection).

No... wait... "Perfect outside architecture?" You're being facetious, right?

C2E Posting Power

For it being a bank, I think it's the best thing on that corner for street interaction by far. It doesn't need little shops or anything.

This building would make a nice podium to something larger?

I also agree that it oughtn't be first in line to be replaced, and also with IanO that it would be a much better site for a 40 floor.

However I still have a bitter taste in my mouth about taking down the Tegler to put it up in the first place. IIRC, it actually has less floor space, and while the interior is now admittedly better for office space, the exterior doesn't register as an improvement over the splendid heritage quality of the tegler at all.

Those were the best of days and those were the worst of days...

http://www.epl.ca/EPLPhotoBuildings.cfm

the tegler would be so amazing there today:<
    www.decl.org

It is so similar to the look of the Bank of Montreal building in Calgary that when I first moved here it instantly registered as the "same" building. Until I looked up. I'm sure my jaw dropped when I realised they had only built the podium for the tower, and I wondered if it was a "Jan Reimer running development out of town thing."

I still don't know the story behind their peculiar (but nice) little (really little) building here.
    City Centre Airport is to the sky as False Creek is to the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by lux

It is so similar to the look of the Bank of Montreal building in Calgary that when I first moved here it instantly registered as the "same" building. Until I looked up. I'm sure my jaw dropped when I realised they had only built the podium for the tower, and I wondered if it was a "Jan Reimer running development out of town thing."

I still don't know the story behind their peculiar (but nice) little (really little) building here.
    Actually, tt's a shrunk-down knock-off of one of the GWL buildings in Winnipeg. Same architect. Different concept there, though: full floor offices, not a large horseshoe atrium.

Don't have a pic but I'm sure the net is full of them.

Partially Addicted to C2E

Any chance of BOM moving back into a new tower at their old location at Jasper and 101?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Quote Originally Posted by feepa
    This building would make a nice podium to something larger?
    Its not built to be a podium, as far as I know, BUT it WOULD HAVE made a perfect location for a podium!

As much as the ivory color with glass catches the eye, I can't help but curse at this building every single time I approach it.

This is probably the mose prime lot downtown :>

FYI: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...&t=k&z=18&om=1

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey
    Any chance of BOM moving back into a new tower at their old location at Jasper and 101?
    Into the current tower?

Hell no.

I said NEW tower, DanC.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

I said NEW tower, DanC.
    So I can't read...blame the canadian educational system.

Nope. Ops were moved to Calgary a few decades ago.

First One is Always Free

Any redevelopment - IMHO would be best AFTER the parking lots near it are developed. Sure, they might not be as prime, but there are a couple that are 99.5% as prime.

Of course, development will proceed based both on who wants to develop, and what land they have access to, so I wouldn't necessarily fault a developer developing this site first. It is a nice building, however, and gives some variety to our downtown core.

A better option would be to tear down City Centre East - put perhaps I'm just upset that it replaced the beloved courthouse.

My $0.02

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    A better option would be to tear down City Centre East - put perhaps I'm just upset that it replaced the beloved courthouse.
    There's a plaque on the wall of CCE that marks where the courthouse used to be. A plaque. What more do you want?

Given the choice I would actually rather have Tegler back (and it doesn't have a plaque as far as I know), but either of them would be great.

And what is the deal with honouring the location of places that we tore down? Does anywhere else do that? Seeing a historic designation of the side of CCE causes serious cognitive dissonance.

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by newfangled
    There's a plaque on the wall of CCE that marks where the courthouse used to be. A plaque. What more do you want?

Given the choice I would actually rather have Tegler back (and it doesn't have a plaque as far as I know), but either of them would be great.

And what is the deal with honouring the location of places that we tore down? Does anywhere else do that? Seeing a historic designation of the side of CCE causes serious cognitive dissonance.
    I've seen that plaque, and thought it interesting.

It's like they are either admitting a significant/substantial screw up, by showing what they tore down, or are simply insulting edmonton ("haha, look what we can do to you, nananananna *school kid laugh*").

Hey guys, a question:
    While stopped at the lights on 102 Ave EB at 101 St, I look a hard look at the Bank of Montreal building (former Tegler site) - is it supposed to be a podium for an office tower? One poster earlier in this thread says no, but more consensus is needed.

No - where in the world would the foundations for a tower go? The building is mostly atrium.

None of the original sketches released in the EEDC newsletters of the 80s have any indications of a tower.

Thus - I'm sticking with a big, fat NO.
    LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.

It was designed as it stands, BMO opened it at around the same time they built the BMO towers in Calgary in the late 80's, Our main branch was the "regional office" for Edmonton and Northern Alberta, While Calgary's was built to be the headquarters for all of Western Canada. There was never any intention to put up a tower at that site. hence the atrium design it would be unable support a large tower up top.

I did read all the post here so is it going to built new tower on that lot where BMO now stands, if so, how come there is no plan about it ???
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Quote Originally Posted by jagators63 View Post
    I did read all the post here so is it going to built new tower on that lot where BMO now stands, if so, how come there is no plan about it ???
    No tower, no plans for a tower, the present building cannot support a tower. BMO is not moving anywhere so the site will remain as is in the foreseeable future.

Quote Originally Posted by jagators63 View Post
    No tower happening here.

"It might be "bye bye BMO" from all sides in the mid to longer term future if what I'm hearing proposed comes to fruition

Won't happen tomorrow, but it sounds like several groups are working in partnership on a plan for that site that will knock everyones' socks off"
    240GLTs statement in the KL thread. Anyone heard anything at all? Rumors are A-OK
    Last edited by Drumbones; 02-03-2015 at 03:29 PM.

I have zero information and 240GLT is ignoring me because I cite other cities' second-arena experience , but my interpretation of what he said gives me:

- the word "site" means the land, not the building, which could imply demolition.

- 'multiple parties' is a pretty vague one, and to me might mean a number of tenants and/or a number of developing partners, or multiple might just refer to a single tenant and a single developer. Or a level of government could be involved.

- a possible fit for the rumour which I see as a realistic possibilty could be a department store with offices on the top floor.

- or something else.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

Knock socks off is the part that got me.

^ high level at this point. Sorry, I can't say more, other than it would be a redevelopment site
    Parkdale

^ that's a major clarification. Appreciated (take it or leave it. )

Ok, thanks. Hoping to run across someone with looser lips. lol

Knocking the sock off is what we need to hear. Im postuating a mixed use development would most likely occur here unless our city marraculously attracted a company to move here.

If not a tower, then the building itself has the bones for a department store.

A dept. store is not a sock knocking off announcement to me. Good idea, but...

But it attracts a new player like Nordstroms or that ilk then it would be

Not really going to nock my socks off.

highlander

My socks are well secured under my sandals.
    But either a tower redevelopment that doesn't need to wait for an anchor tenant, or a well-executed retail redevelopment would knock them off.

C2E SME

Hmmmmmm, makes me wonder what it could be.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    But it attracts a new player like Nordstroms or that ilk then it would be
    Exactly.

Or Holt
    www.decl.org

highlander

The layout of that building makes me think of the old city markets out east. It would make no economic sense, but it would make a sweet public market.

Personally, i would welcome something to the degree of Nordstrom as an anchor in a new structure, but to wow my socks off, the design of the structure should leave me breathless. 102st. almost does that- 10 to 15 additional floors, it would have.

C2E SME

Actually when I'm thinking about stuff and possible buildings to be built, I would maybe be a bit more willing to see the BMO building stay for now and actually see the property/parking lot across the street from the future Edm tower. I understand that it is a smaller lot than where BMO is but in comparison it is an empty lot where as BMO does have a functional building there as we speak.

The empty lots need their owners to step up then; if they don't and these guys do... well, helloooooooo!

C2E SME

I think the building would have to be at least 20 storeys to capture views of the river valley.
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
    Actually when I'm thinking about stuff and possible buildings to be built, I would maybe be a bit more willing to see the BMO building stay for now and actually see the property/parking lot across the street from the future Edm tower. I understand that it is a smaller lot than where BMO is but in comparison it is an empty lot where as BMO does have a functional building there as we speak.
    Almost any other case I think I would agree automatically. But in the cases of street-killers like this, Hall D, and the Westin annex, I think they're humungous priorities for improvement, and much much much more long-lived and harder to deal with than surface lots.

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
    Almost any other case I think I would agree automatically. But in the cases of street-killers like this, Hall D, and the Westin annex, I think they're humungous priorities for improvement, and much much much more long-lived and harder to deal with than surface lots.
    The "Westin annex" or the Deluxe Wing as it is actually called may lack street interaction, but it is a design of the decade it was built in. At least we aren't still building towers with no street interaction like some city's are *cough* Calgary *cough* Take a stroll around some of the newer buildings in the Eau Claire area... you will see what I mean.

^ no argument.

But what do we do with our most important Street of cultural institutions and festivals which gets asphyxiated just before connecting with Jasper and the Conference Centre?

It's going to be a very tough one to fix. Thank goodness there's hope for BMO at least.

^^Calgary has a number of pretty claustrophobic streets. Like nothing more than commuter streets with just office entrances.

C2E SME

BMO there is very much a lot of hope. If it were up to me (which of course I just lack the money, so if anyone would like to lend me the millions to build, inbox me, lol) I would definitely do the mixed use tower. My concept would be either a reconstruction or probably a podium tribute to the Tegler building. It would probably be a building that would honour the original Tegler in similar but current architectural style. There would be lots of street interaction with plenty of smaller retail bays with a possible feature retailer that would have a prominent entrance at street level but would occupy the major part of their store on the 2nd and whatever they need in floors above that. After the podium the tower above could have any type of mixed use, although I wouldn't mind seeing residential.

It would be nice to see an architect build a modern building in the style of the old building that was replaced. With panel construction you could use brick veneer and concrete instead of limestone or sandstone. The Walter C. MacKenzie building at the University Hospital is built in a similar fashion.

But when you consider there are very few Bank of Montreals in Alberta I doubt they will do much for the building. For example there are no BMOs between Spruce Grove and Kamloops on the Yellowhead.

But I can dream and hope perhaps Realex has plans.
    Last edited by sundance; 05-03-2015 at 03:59 PM.

BMO there is very much a lot of hope. If it were up to me (which of course I just lack the money, so if anyone would like to lend me the millions to build, inbox me, lol) I would definitely do the mixed use tower. My concept would be either a reconstruction or probably a podium tribute to the Tegler building. It would probably be a building that would honour the original Tegler in similar but current architectural style. There would be lots of street interaction with plenty of smaller retail bays with a possible feature retailer that would have a prominent entrance at street level but would occupy the major part of their store on the 2nd and whatever they need in floors above that. After the podium the tower above could have any type of mixed use, although I wouldn't mind seeing residential.
    That land has unbelievable potential for a lot of different vertical configurations and I love the thought of remembering the Tegler with it.

Let us know how the fundraising goes.

C2E Continued Contributor

For what I'm about to say, this is the best place for me to do so instead of going OT in the KR thread...

If the rumours about BMO making a full move to the KR Building is true, then it'll be quite interesting to see what happens to that building. I hope it's something that'll knock my socks off. But given Edmonton's lesser corporate presence compared to Calgary's and whatnot, I can't imagine a wholly office tower going up, unless it was mixed-use with a hotel, or entirely hotel.

Why a hotel? I know that there was a report (see this report here) stating that even with the JW Marriott/"Luxury Hotel" and the new Hyatt Place added, Edmonton would still face a shortage of hotel rooms in the future. Also, of the five largest cities in Canada, I think Edmonton has the lowest percentage of hotels located downtown.

This is just a theory of mine, so please don't go ripping into me or anything.
    Is there hope for Edmonton? Yes!!! The Oilers? Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    If not a tower, then the building itself has the bones for a department store.
    I could see Holt Renfrew, Nordstrom, Saks or Bay moving into that space.

I'd LOVE to see Holt or Nordstrom in there... hell, H&M or Simons.

But I keep hearing a mixed use will go there.
    www.decl.org

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

^tear down and rebuild? Or repurpose?

C2E SME

Personally I would love to see some sort of tribute to the Tegler building built for a podium and then some sort of tower above. Either a replica for the old Tegler or use architectural elements that essentially would be a shout out to the Tegler.

Quote Originally Posted by etownboarder View Post
    given no parking, it is going down... pure guess
    www.decl.org

Personally I would love to see some sort of tribute to the Tegler building built for a podium and then some sort of tower above. Either a replica for the old Tegler or use architectural elements that essentially would be a shout out to the Tegler.
    The Tegler Tower

^ Hmmm...kind of has a nice ring to it.
    Is there hope for Edmonton? Yes!!! The Oilers? Wait and see.

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by etownboarder View Post
    given no parking, it is going down... pure guess
    The latest 'official rumour' we've seen here (from 240GLT) indicated indeed that 'site redevelopment' (thus speaking to the land, not the existing building) was being contemplated, for mixed use, including multiple parties, and socks-knocked-offedness.

Superficially I would like the look of a department store in the existing building, but I don't think the structure has the support one would need to make it worth the effort. The building has wound up being essentially good for nothing.

We know:
    • Height is required to make it worthwhile
    • Deep underground is required to service the height
    • Stacking resi on anything is in vogue
    • It's in the perfect sweet spot for transportation, office and retail alike

Thus it wouldn't be too over the top to suggest it could get anything our Downtown is capable.

ATCO is out there...

Enbridge wanted a tower for its 2400 employees? How many are moving in Kelly Ramsey? Bmo are the purchasing in the Kelly Ramsey? Or maybe some sort of property swap? Maybe enbridge with hotel on top in a new tower? Maybe a staggered occupancy will help with various leases expiring in the multiple towers they currently rent in?

Purchased by Regency. How about a large department store or 2 until redevelopment time?
    www.decl.org

Don't really get your fixation on a dying retail format, other than its prevalence in the "real" downtowns you're so keen on Edmonton emulating, dramatically different circumstances be damned.

The last thing we need is more giant CRUs that are nigh-impossible to repurpose when the chain inevitably goes under.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

That's the spirit!
    www.decl.org

As I said before, Holt should be here. But no harm in attracting something like a Nordstroms. Though let's be realistic, WEM would have a higher chance of attracting Nordstrom.

I have always seen this site as a perfect location for a large scale retailer/department store.
    www.decl.org

Bring back Army & Navy!!!

Honestly the building looks like retail, other than the lack of entrances.

It could makes half-decent chinese mall, or a library if the rebuild weren't underway just down the street.
    There can only be one.

I would like to see this as a department store as well, even a new flagship Bay. Any chance of an above-ground pedway from ECC?

That's the spirit!
    Ha Ha !! Some people seem to have a total immunity to any hint of optimism. They must be fun at parties.

I agree the BMO building would work well for a larger retailer like Holt's or Nordstrom's. Lots of glass windows and the location is great and it would also compliment/enhance City Centre.

Our country and city was built by people with imagination who could see the potential and were willing to built it even as critics told them it couldn't be done or wouldn't work.

Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

Quote Originally Posted by noodle View Post
    Don't really get your fixation on a dying retail format, other than its prevalence in the "real" downtowns you're so keen on Edmonton emulating, dramatically different circumstances be damned.

The last thing we need is more giant CRUs that are nigh-impossible to repurpose when the chain inevitably goes under.
    Would that be in line with your fixation on negativity and Ian? I was one of the first to suggest such an idea for that building with Nordstrom which were also the sentiments of many. Feel free to flashback at some of the comments made. One other thing, what do you propose for it's usage?

Pertaining to Regency, would that be the same local developers we're talking about? If so, I'm curious to find out their intent with it. As well, is the structure designed for additions?
    " The strength of a man is in the stride he walks."

Purchased by Regency. How about a large department store or 2 until redevelopment time?
    oh god. I am dreading the day they tear down this building, which is among the nicest commercial structures downtown, and replace it with another one of their monstrosities

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed
    Pertaining to Regency, would that be the same local developers we're talking about? If so, I'm curious to find out their intent with it. As well, is the structure designed for additions?

I don't have any particular inside info, but I'd be surprised if the existing structure is kept. Just my gut feeling.

Similar to IanO, would be nice to see a department store there
    The world is full of kings and queens, who blind your eyes then steal your dreams.
    It's heaven and hell!

My gut feelings is on par with you. Although, if it was designed for additional capacity, a residential could go on top mimicking the the current floor plans with automated parking. If it is torn down, I won't be unhappy one bit as I'm confident they will do a wonderful project with it.

I'm extremely biased, but I want this building demolished to avenge the Tegler.
    "Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." - Dalai Lama

Now we're talking lol. Since you mentioned Tegler, Im praying now that Regency might consider replicating that facade. Wow wouldn't that be something?

Quote Originally Posted by ctzn-Ed View Post
    Now we're talking lol. Since you mentioned Tegler, Im praying now that Regency might consider replicating that facade. Wow wouldn't that be something?
    That is a great idea too. It is dreaming very big, but then I never really expected to see the Alberta Hotel again either. It would be good if we could get back a few more of those great buildings that were dispatched in such a hurry in the 70's and 80's. It would add some more character to our downtown.

Unfortunately the fates of the Alberta Hotel and Tegler can't be compared. Alberta Hotel was carefully dismantled piece by piece and stored away until it was restored piece by piece (same with Kelly Ramsey). The Tegler was outright demolished with some pieces and fixings reused in other developments, so there's really no way of restoring it. Regency could build a reasonable facsimile but that's about it.

The current BMO building as it is really isn't that bad. People only hate on it because it replaced the Tegler. It would make for an impressive looking department store, though it would need an above-ground pedway to ECC.

Hence why I chose the word "replicate" rather than resurrect. Part of our core's delima is the lack of soul or history that built us up to where we are today. Every beautiful/ major world cities has ample of history backing them up.

Tegler rebuilt podium with a tower on top? That would be neat.
    www.decl.org

If and when Regency redevelops they will need to step up their design game. IMO their current choice of architect won't cut it. But you get what you pay for.

Completely concur with that. Downtown is where I call it the " trophy zone," so they definitely must bring the "A" game to the table

So what will Regency name this future site? Built the Pearl, upcoming Emerald....Sapphire?

" Tegler" would be appropriate. I'm interested in what height it would be proposed. For pure contrast to what has been already built and towers soon to be built, I have a gut feeling they might attempt a height between Marriott and Manulife around 170ish m or around 60 floors. I'm hoping for that anyways for a balanced skyline. It would be an interesting comparison to Encore and added density along 102 Ave stretch pass Fox.

I agree. I've thought that for years

For me, I'd be far less concerned with the height of any proposal and more interested in the street level. There is lots of height around here, and not everything needs to be one of the new tallest. Something around the 80 meter mark, but with great street presence and some character would fine by me.

I concur with the street integration, and this corner would most likely be a given. I'm not really focused on height in general, but this particular corner, in relation to what is currently already in development, offers a 2 for 1 balance of our skyline. From north/south view, Greyhound and my desired height will balance with Stantec; and, from east/west angle, it will team up with Marriott. This is one of those situation where height is desired by me. It should not exceed 175 m imo.

Rezoning application for 10199-101stNW (BOM site)

DC2 to CCA
    www.decl.org

Edmonton Zoning Bylaw 12800

910.5 (CCA) Core Commercial Arts Zone

1. General Purpose

Bylaw 16733
    July 6, 2015

The purpose of this Zone is to provide a Zone for a variety of high density and quality development that accommodates office, retail, service, institutional, residential, arts and entertainment Uses and meet the Use objectives for the Commercial Cultural Core. The intent is to further strengthen the Downtown’s central area by providing continuous retail at Grade, enhancing arts and entertainment activities, accommodating Residential Uses and making the Core more pedestrian friendly.
    Source: http://webdocs.edmonton.ca/zoningbyl..._Arts_Zone.htm

Could be good...

I'm hoping for a state of the art detension hall where the students are held in place by magnets.
    There was no need to change that plaque. We are the City of Champions.

^^a.k.a. "Core Commercial Arts Zone", which really could mean a wide number of uses...
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

C2E SME

Next move for the BMO Building?

I'm hoping they tear it down, put up a decent skyscraper on the lot but recreate the Tegler Building's facade

My first preference would be to transform it into a department store: Nordstrom, Saks, an expanded Holt Renfrew or a new flagship Bay.
    If redevelopment is what Regency is planning then a residential/hotel tower with a retail podium, call it the Tegler Tower.
    Either option should include a pedway connection to ECC, Manulife and KR.

C2E SME

7-Eleven off-rack store?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast