Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
Results 1,301 to 1,338 of 1338

Thread: TV commercials that make me reach for the mute button

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Hyundai now trumpeting another 'feature', a beep that alerts you not to open your door as something is approaching from behind. Imagine, there are other vehicles on the road. God forbid you should use your neck muscles and actually look behind you.
    a good driving instructor will teach you to open the door with your right hand and not your left. it forces you to put your body in position to naturally shoulder check before opening the door. it also forces you to shoulder check far enough to catch approaching bicycles and not just cars.
    Indeed, Ken. But you'd think plain good sense should tell a person to take a look behind first.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

It's the same situation as people who "forget" their child in a hot car. I've seen people suggest putting one of your shoes in the back seat or "something important". What is more important than your child?

Maybe there"ll be a 'kid in back seat' beeper next.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Anyway, back to ads.

So what has A&W done to their ground beef in their "new" burgers?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Anyway, back to ads.

So what has A&W done to their ground beef in their "new" burgers?
    i think they took the opposite approach from wendy's "where's the beef" campaign and eliminated it altogether with their new vegetarian patty option.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Guess I need to keep up.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

C2E Long Term Contributor

The douche canoe in those Freedom Mobile ads
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Or the insurance quotes ad, "how many paces to a fire hydrant? Total drag." Total gag.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    The Brick Tent Sale!
    It's back again
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

The Brick Tent Sale!
    It's back again
    YUCK...There is nothing more grating than Michael Bell screaming from a parking lot. Did I mention YUCK?
    Go ahead, speed pass me... I'll meet you at the next red light.

What's a TV Commercial? I stream everything...
    The only "commercials" I see are before starting a show or movie on Amazon Prime, and it's always for another Amazon show or movie

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Didn't the Brick have their tent sale just a few months back?

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by alkeli View Post
    The only "commercials" I see are before starting a show or movie on Amazon Prime, and it's always for another Amazon show or movie
    You Tube commercials are the worst and they (here in Canada) are similar to the ones on TV. The best part is the You Tube commercials can at least be skipped after the channel owner has made his/her money 3 seconds in. We don't (to my knowledge) have You Tube Red which opts us out from commercials like You Tube viewers do South of the boarder.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry N View Post
    The Brick Tent Sale!
    It's back again
    YUCK...There is nothing more grating than Michael Bell screaming from a parking lot. Did I mention YUCK?
    The RV Wars ad is worse!

That Trivago guy isn't any less creepy than he was in the beginning...

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    That Trivago guy isn't any less creepy than he was in the beginning...
    it's probably a toss-up between him and "captain obvious" as to which one is creepier...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

C2E Posting Power

Does no one watch the "Paramount" network? With the same Bellator, Ink Master and Bar Rescue commercials played over and over and over. I swear they only have 3 commercials.....

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    You Tube commercials are the worst and they (here in Canada) are similar to the ones on TV. The best part is the You Tube commercials can at least be skipped after the channel owner has made his/her money 3 seconds in. We don't (to my knowledge) have You Tube Red which opts us out from commercials like You Tube viewers do South of the boarder.
    You could always install an adblocker. But that's an ethical decision you have to make on taking away from the creators of the content you're watching. I have an adblocker, but it's disabled for YouTube and any other websites that don't have far too many annoying ads or popups. I also set it to allow ads on this forum, but many others have ads blocked because there's just way too much going on. So in my opinion, their greed for placing so many ads is the reason why I block them, and I'm fine with that.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

You could always install an adblocker. But that's an ethical decision you have to make on taking away from the creators of the content you're watching. I have an adblocker, but it's disabled for YouTube and any other websites that don't have far too many annoying ads or popups. I also set it to allow ads on this forum, but many others have ads blocked because there's just way too much going on. So in my opinion, their greed for placing so many ads is the reason why I block them, and I'm fine with that.
    Good points. Apologies if I'm all over the place here and a bit of a rant: I know this thread is about T.V. commercials, but I also have my You Tube channel ads custom made. For instance I've been noodling in music production for awhile now, and I've got something like 800 You Tube subscriptions related to the topic. What bugs me about some of these content creators is when they click bait one of their recent uploads and there's 4 ads during a 5 minute video, gets a bit over the top. I know how but I don't monetize my You Tube channels and my music production channel is a work in progress anyway but 4 ads in a 5 minute video? Those subs quickly get removed from my list. The other thing about many of these content creators on You Tube in music production related videos (not saying their content isn't any good) but they show a subscriber count of something like 25K but they have say 6 people posting a Like and maybe a 100 views on a recent upload? Seriously? Where are the other 24,900 subscribers? What they do is something called Sub for Sub. You go to these sites and they'll give you a sub if you sub them. It can quickly add up. One guy I watched do this raked up a thousand subs in ten minutes. This is detrimental to my industry in my opinion for several reasons; first its the music manufactures that see these channel numbers and figure something like "wow, look at the subscriber count this creator has, we can sell a million synth midi flinger flanger do hickey's from this channel alone." These sub for sub's are not specific to the content your after. Maybe some care about the content created by the channel owner, odds are high they don't, and second it returns negative feedback. You Tube's recent algorithm weeds some of this behavior out. I wish TV ads can be custom made. I'd much rather see a advert by Korg or a new upload by "The Sound Test Room," instead of the same commercial over and over again. Sure it doesn't help the major networks out but its a lot easier on my eyes to see something important to me on T.V then watching some impact commercial guy saying "total drag." Ok, rant over.

The ATCO ad with the trampoline jumpers.

The Purex ad with the jogging zombie accosting her friend in the park is back. That's not just mute-worthy, that's a channel changer right there.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Good points. Apologies if I'm all over the place here and a bit of a rant: I know this thread is about T.V. commercials, but I also have my You Tube channel ads custom made. For instance I've been noodling in music production for awhile now, and I've got something like 800 You Tube subscriptions related to the topic. What bugs me about some of these content creators is when they click bait one of their recent uploads and there's 4 ads during a 5 minute video, gets a bit over the top. I know how but I don't monetize my You Tube channels and my music production channel is a work in progress anyway but 4 ads in a 5 minute video? Those subs quickly get removed from my list. The other thing about many of these content creators on You Tube in music production related videos (not saying their content isn't any good) but they show a subscriber count of something like 25K but they have say 6 people posting a Like and maybe a 100 views on a recent upload? Seriously? Where are the other 24,900 subscribers? What they do is something called Sub for Sub. You go to these sites and they'll give you a sub if you sub them. It can quickly add up. One guy I watched do this raked up a thousand subs in ten minutes. This is detrimental to my industry in my opinion for several reasons; first its the music manufactures that see these channel numbers and figure something like "wow, look at the subscriber count this creator has, we can sell a million synth midi flinger flanger do hickey's from this channel alone." These sub for sub's are not specific to the content your after. Maybe some care about the content created by the channel owner, odds are high they don't, and second it returns negative feedback. You Tube's recent algorithm weeds some of this behavior out. I wish TV ads can be custom made. I'd much rather see a advert by Korg or a new upload by "The Sound Test Room," instead of the same commercial over and over again. Sure it doesn't help the major networks out but its a lot easier on my eyes to see something important to me on T.V then watching some impact commercial guy saying "total drag." Ok, rant over.
    Go get yourself ublock origin you can find it as an addon for any browser then worry not about ads bothering you on youtube ever again

Those "Don't Drive High" ads are just starting, and already skippable.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    Go get yourself ublock origin you can find it as an addon for any browser then worry not about ads bothering you on youtube ever again
    Thanks for the tip, but its not available for IE
    Last edited by envaneo; 17-09-2018 at 09:28 PM.

it should be i looked into it

Thanks for the tip, but its not available for IE
    go get yourself firefox or chrome IE is **** so is edge or just find any adblocker if you dont want to do this option

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

^^ Thanks, worth looking into. I use Chrome occasionally.

If we can get back to mutable ads now...

Once again EPCOR has brought back their two ads with the bad poetry.

Did I mention how much I loathe the Ashley Home Store ads?

Just as much as we loathe people who are thread police and are too lazy to edit their one post so they have to make two of them 1 min apart.....

Just as much as we loathe people who are thread police and are too lazy to edit their one post so they have to make two of them 1 min apart.....
    You're drunk, boy. Go home.

Edo Japan's "Don't Be a Ryan"

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

If I wasn't on your ignore list you would have seen I beat you to it already.

Can someone quote me on this please?

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

The intact insurance ads are mutable.

Navage - hose out your nose!

I am contemplating quitting the watching of television and cutting the cable for good. Why?

Alberta Blue Cross has brought back the bouncing blue ball and the annoying ditty that goes with it. 6 months of that!

TEC Edmonton's ad is missing the new Ice District towers. So much for investing here...

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

However, I could watch the Crosby/MacKinnon Tim Horton adds all day, even with the Zamboni in the drive through.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314