Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546
Results 4,501 to 4,565 of 4565

Thread: Mayfair Village| Residential (2 towers)

DHL is moving in as well.

Wait, what? Like a UPS Store, but for DHL?

Sweeeeeeeet.

I like to order stuff from amazon.co.jp & they tend to international ship via DHL. It's great the 90% of time they deliver while I'm home but that other 10% is 1000% more painful than a similar missed package with UPS Domestic or Canada Post.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^Not quite as terrible as FedEx, but agreed.
    “Son, one day this will be an iconic structure shaping Edmonton’s skyline.”

FedEx is alright, FedEx Ground is the devil's delivery service.

Canada Post, UPS, Purolator, FedEx, DHL, UPS International, FedEx Ground is my ranking as an Oliver resident (for packages I missed & gotta go get)
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

C2E Long Term Contributor

Looks like Orange Theory is now open or opening very soon. Entrance is located on the Jasper Ave side between Zen Q and the Chinese crepe place.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

257996913-002
    15-Jan-2018
    10803 - JASPER AVENUE NW
    Plan 1222211 Blk 8 Lot 46A

To change the Use from a General Retail Store to Specialty Food Services (8 seats with 50 square meters of Public Space), and to construct interior alterations. (Cinnaholic)

2052053 ALBERTA LTD., XIN ZHAN

Job No 276160844-001
    Description: To change the use from a Specialty Food Services establishment to a Restaurant (KANU CAFE). 67 seats
    Applicant: PROCURA
    Create Date: 3/2/2018 3:53:25 PM

265351101-003
    13-Mar-2018
    10803 - JASPER AVENUE NW

To change the use from retail to restaurant (Group E to A2) and construct interior alterations - Curry Vibes.

CK DESIGNS INC

Monument is now only open during the daytime, shutting down for the day at 6 pm. So much for staying open until 10 pm! Did the ownership change or something?
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Last time I was in there, a sign said food menu coming. I don't know if anything has changed.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

They are shutting down and revamping everything including putting in a proper kitchen and will be licensed. This is simply interim.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I went into Monument today. The street pies are no longer available but in its place you get some delicious baked goods (courtesy of a 3rd party vendor). I have no idea when their major renovation takes place, or even how long. Every seat was packed as usual.

Grand opening for Cinnaholic today. Humongous lineup for it too!

^^^Also, yes new ownership.
    www.decl.org

Monument has shutdown permanently. Kanu (plant-based cuisine) will open in its stead in July.

I really enjoyed Monument.

Curious to see what the new place is like.
    www.decl.org

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

That didn’t last long at all did it?

Only open for 8 months c/w busy patronage. However, the reduction of hours and menu items plus on-again off-again renovations pretty much killed it for them. Next time the Block 1912 crew should stick to whatever works in the first place.

Meantime, a write-up on the eatery replacing it:
    http://www.vueweekly.com/soy-free-bu...heavy-cuisine/

^I believe 1912 people sold it prior to reduced hours and such. New owners wanted to put in a full kitchen so I believe that's the reason for the full shutdown.
    www.decl.org

Edmonton highrise opens rooftop dog park with grassy turf, fake fire hydrants
    https://globalnews.ca/news/4279463/e...fire-hydrants/

The Mayfair on Jasper is known for its stunning views of the city, and now pets living in the building can enjoy those views too.

ProCura Real Estate Services, which manages the building, unveiled a new rooftop dog park equipped with doggy-care stations, a grassy turf and fake fire hydrants.

“It’s in response to feedback from our residents,” said Matt Salucop with ProCura. “We realized that a lot of [residents] had to go through the inconvenience of going down to street level especially late at night, and also there weren’t very many places nearby where they could take their pets.”

The building has always been pet-friendly, and more recently, management realized that over half of the residents had pets, mostly dogs.

The rooftop park is open 24 hours a day to residents and their pets, all year long. There are also off-leash hours between 5 and 9 a.m.

“It provides the same type of convenience that you would have if you had a home with a yard,” Salucop added. “The reaction has been overwhelmingly positive.”

^that's awesome!
    www.decl.org

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Hopefully this will set a trend of some kind. I like it.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

C2E SME

Wow, lots of food options coming to the area.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    Hopefully this will set a trend of some kind. I like it.
    Mayfair's fairly unique in having quite a bit of roof space on the podium, but most of the other upcoming rental buildings also have some sort of dog run area, along with a sink, hose bib etc.

Interesting. Love what happens when you have people/pedestrians/small retail bays.
    www.decl.org

Curry Vibes is opening at the end of September. They had a booth at Cariwest. I had their chicken vindaloo and it was good eats.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Curry Vibes is opening at the end of September. They had a booth at Cariwest. I had their chicken vindaloo and it was good eats.
    Of course, lager! The only thing that can kill a vindaloo!

-Lister, (Red Dwarf - D.N.A.)

Job No 83209561-070
    Description: To Change the Use from General Retail Stores to a Restaurant(130m2 of Public Space)
    Applicant: PERMIT MASTERS
    Create Date: 8/10/2018 11:13:01 AM

Looking forward to trying it on the 22nd.
    www.decl.org

https://twitter.com/kanurestaurant/s...24486299279360

Kanu Cafe‏ @kanurestaurant
    Are you ready Edmonton? Doors open to the public Monday, September 24th. #yeg #yegdt #yegfood #plantbased

Curry Vibes is now open, or it appears as such.

C2E Posting Power

The space that was previously filled by 'Chinese Crepe' is turning into the first 'Loaded Pierogi' located outside of the GTA. It's a tasty treat.

http://www.loadedpierogi.com

Good to see it not sitting dark for long.
    www.decl.org

C2E Continued Contributor

I wonder if this building ever resolved the matter of tenants throwing dog poop off the balcony; which inevitably would land on the glass canopy below creating little blast radii when you look above.

That sounds interesting.
    www.decl.org

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    That sounds interesting.
    I didn’t believe it when one of the lower level tenants said he’s seen them doing it. But there it was, plastered all over the glass balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevey_G View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    That sounds interesting.
    I didn’t believe it when one of the lower level tenants said he’s seen them doing it. But there it was, plastered all over the glass balcony.
    LOL sorry you must have replied right as I did. I meant the Ukrainian place
    www.decl.org

March 05, 2019
    10815 - JASPER AVENUE NW

To construct interior alterations in an existing restaurant space for a new restaurant. Loaded Pierogi

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

If nothing else, makes sense for ProCura to sell the Mayfair just for diversification of risk. They have four actually developed properties in their portfolio, and three of which are on 109th and Jasper (Intact is basically there).
    I will beat the dead horse back to life.

This is very typical folks. You develop, lease it up, rent it up, market it as new as possible with great cash-flow.
    www.decl.org

I'd rather C2E than work!

Need that cash, they have a stable to build!

C2E SME

Well if a sale of this building helps get other buildings built then I'm all for selling it.

Where’s moahunter to blame it on the NDP?

First everyone was bailing out of their oil positions and now real estate...

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    This is very typical folks. You develop, lease it up, rent it up, market it as new as possible with great cash-flow.
    However its not a great sign when it’s essentially a prime property. Those often get held for decades.

C2E Hard Core Contributor

^Not so much anymore. These days institutional investors like pension funds are always looking to add real estate with steady cash flows to their portfolios.

Makes perfect sense that - as a developer - ProCura would sell an existing property to finance future projects. And I for one can hardly wait for The Stables at Mayfair to be completed so I have a place Downtown to park my horse.

Mayfair has been on sale for a while, this is just more publicized now. IPA has already received interest on it since they went more public with the asset.

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    However its not a great sign when it’s essentially a prime property. Those often get held for decades.
    I don't think I would agree with that.

For some companies, they see the most value in holding an asset and generating cash flow for a long time.

For some companies, they see the most value is taking their profit out and reinvesting it in more profits where they will once again eventually take out their profit and continue to multiple.

Neither are the wrong approach, and there are many examples of companies that are successful with both.

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    What are you basing that on? The vast majority of large apartment buildings, like large office buildings, are owned by institutional investors. Not the developers who built them. That hasn't changed recently at all, and this particular listing doesn't say much about the greater market at all other than there's a lot of pension money chasing these types of buildings currently.

The signs for Eat Clean are now up so I assume they'll open sometime this year.
    The corner spot is still going begging.

There was a Reddit thread on the Mayfair in r/Edmonton a little while back (maybe a month ago?), where there was basically a ton of complaints about living there which seemed to be attributed to poor management. A lot of Google reviews seem to corroborate that a lot of people had issues living here as well.

Has anyone heard that as well? Not sure if that's a factor in them wanting to sell.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

I have heard lots of complaints from people living there related to management, lack of AC. I’ve been inside and it’s nice but overpriced for what you get IMO.

April 10, 2019
    10071 - 109 STREET NW

To construct interior alterations to a personal services space - new tenant fitup - Next Level Drycleaner Depot

C2E Posting Power

Loaded Pierogi​ opened up yesterday

C2E SME

So how many vacent retail spots left?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
    So how many vacent retail spots left?
    There's 1 along Jasper Ave, and 2 along 108st. The last bay along 109st looks like it's got something going in there, but no signage up yet saying what it is

C2E SME

That's pretty good then. Hopefully those will fill up in the next little while. And then maybe in a year or so the proposed development accross Jasper ave and 108st will get started which then in turn will bring more customers as well as businesses to the area.

Yeah I think eventually they will, especially the last CRU on jasper ave. The CRUs along 108st are a bit more challenging IMO though (exposure isn't as good).

looks like Eat Clean is now open

June 20, 2019
    Commercial Final
    10819 - JASPER AVENUE NW

To construct interior alterations to a CRU in a Commercial mixed use building, ''Edible Arrangements''. First tenant fit-up, new fire alarm components, alter sprinkler system heads, 1 barrer-free bathroom.

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    June 20, 2019
    Commercial Final
    10819 - JASPER AVENUE NW

To construct interior alterations to a CRU in a Commercial mixed use building, ''Edible Arrangements''. First tenant fit-up, new fire alarm components, alter sprinkler system heads, 1 barrer-free bathroom.
    Interesting. This must be in 1 of the empty CRUs on 108st near the LRT entrance

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 364243444546