Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,700 of 2101

Thread: Famous lives lived...

He also wrote a couple of sitcom songs. Different Strokes and The Facts of Life and others.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I wasn't really a fan but I always seem to equate Thicke with Terry Jacks for some reason. Watch out for news on him. But wow what a shocker.
    Mom said I should not talk to cretins!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Canadiana right there. RIP

C2E Long Term Contributor
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    quite a list for 2016:

http://variety.com/gallery/2016-cele...sa-gabor-dead/

I'd rather C2E than work!

I'm surprised no one posted this yet.

Heimlich manoeuvre inventor Henry Heimlich dies at 96

(CNN)Dr. Henry Heimlich, who invented the world-famous Heimlich manoeuvre to save people from choking, died Saturday at age 96, his family said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/17/us/hen...-from-choking/

^I was going to but I got too choked up...
    Last edited by Spudly; 19-12-2016 at 12:21 AM.
    I am in no way entitled to your opinion...

In this case it was the manoeuvre that was famous, not the inventor. Only fair-do's HH gets the credit, though.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Gordie Tapp has died

Quote Originally Posted by Spudly View Post
    ^I was going to but I got too choked up...

Good one spuds.

Just saw this on Mack Male's blog
    First Bear morning man, Scruff Connors dies at 64
    http://www.pugetsoundradio.com/2016/...nnors-dies-64/
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Status Quo guitarist Rick Parfitt dies aged 68
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...t-dies-aged-68

Another rock star death in 2016. A non-entity on these shores but a big name in the UK. Some of my relations in Britain were huge Quo fans.

2016 not done with music stars just yet:
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38432862

George Michael, 53.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Very talented. Too bad he's remembered for rest area shenanigans.
    Last edited by Drumbones; 25-12-2016 at 05:09 PM.

well, after eating some leftover turkey tonight it will be time to crack a beer and spin up some Faith. I was never particular to the album, being more of the INXS Kick fanatic for the time in 1988.

RIP George. You made getting down the girls pants a little easier.

I'm seeing talk of suicide on google.

This is a hilarious short with James Corden and George Michael doing carpool karaoke for comic relief, earlier in 2016. Oh man did I crack up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvuENG3O9TM

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong"

Carrie Fisher had been still very active and involved and I'd heard she had the attack on that flight from London but I thought she was recovering and was thinking she would be ok. Obviously I was wrong. Very sad. Imagine how hard this is on her mom and the rest of the family. My heart goes out to them.

We saw her at Edmonton Expo this year. She even roamed the merch floor to buy some stuff and sign some pictures for some of the vendors. After the heart attack news I wasn't that hopeful as the reports were of at least 10 minutes of CPR before the paramedics got there. That's a long time with little blood flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Drumbones View Post
    My heart goes out to them.
    That's a dark pun, your heart would arrive too late for her. Pretty sad stuff, lots of very sad deaths in 2016. Carrie Fisher was too young, George Michael, Prince (both GM and Prince look Opioid related), and Bowie also.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Turnbull View Post
    We saw her at Edmonton Expo this year. She even roamed the merch floor to buy some stuff and sign some pictures for some of the vendors.
    Carrie and Gary also spent several days touring around Edmonton. She was spotted at the Old Strathcona Antique Mall, the Muttart and the art galleries on 124th St.

I would have liked to have met her in person at the Expo but the lineups were too long and her prices for autographs and photo ops were rather high. In retrospect I probably should have shelled out, given what's happened today.

Quote Originally Posted by moahunter View Post
    That's a dark pun, your heart would arrive too late for her. Pretty sad stuff, lots of very sad deaths in 2016. Carrie Fisher was too young, George Michael, Prince (both GM and Prince look Opioid related), and Bowie also.
    No pun intended.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

What a shocker. Disney now has two characters that can't be in any future Star Wars movies: Harrison Ford (Han solo being killed off in the last movie) and now Carrie Fisher, within days of the new movie Rouge One out. Shock.

No pun intended.
    I guess the good news for Disney is they can "revive" her like they did with Peter Cushing, and even her in Rogue one, given she has an even bigger role in new trilogy than he did in the original one. I wonder if dead actors are cheaper (less salary) or more expensive (more computer tech)?
    Last edited by moahunter; 27-12-2016 at 01:26 PM.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Once the legal hoops are all cleared. Sure with voice overs and animation making a reasonable facsimile of somebody probably isn't that hard for one with video editing skills. Harrison Ford is still alive and can revive his role as backstory wouldn't be a problem. The real issue here is the death of Carrie Fisher herself.

^I'm pretty sure Han Solo died, but Leia can live on.

Top_Dawg can't help but wonder if Jabba ever got it in with Princess.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Harrison Ford can also return as Han Solo, like the way Spock did in the first JJ Abram's reboot movies.

I worked all morning and did not know about Carrie Fisher's passing until 2 pm. My last, poignant image of Leia was when I watched Rouge One a week before Christmas.

*Spoiler*: When Jyn and her crew sacrificed their lives to obtain the Death Star plans, the last scene was Princess Leia being handed those plans. She faces the camera and tells us geeks we still have "Hope".
    Thank you Carrie Fisher for being a significant part of my growing years.
    Last edited by North Guy66; 27-12-2016 at 06:18 PM.

No pun intended.
    I guess the good news for Disney is they can "revive" her like they did with Peter Cushing, and even her in Rogue one, given she has an even bigger role in new trilogy than he did in the original one. I wonder if dead actors are cheaper (less salary) or more expensive (more computer tech)?
    My understanding from an article on it was that the small roll Tarkin had was very expensive and laborious to do.

No pun intended.
    My understanding from an article on it was that the small roll Tarkin had was very expensive and laborious to do.
    From what I hear, the filming of the sequel to The Force Awakens is already half completed. It is not uncommon for actors in lesser roles to pre-tape their scenes shortly after the original movie (Force Awakens).

Wow, what year it has been for the passing of major cultural icons and at such relatively early ages. Memories as a child of going to watch Star Wars with my younger sister came flooding back after hearing about Carrie's death. I can still recall the both of us giddy with excitement after arriving home from the movie. Such great memories.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Quote Originally Posted by North Guy66 View Post
    No pun intended.
    From what I hear, the filming of the sequel to The Force Awakens is already half completed. It is not uncommon for actors in lesser roles to pre-tape their scenes shortly after the original movie (Force Awakens).

Filming is complete. They're editing and doing effects now.

^ Yes and Carrie Fisher was supposed to appear in Episode IX, so who knows what they'll do now with the General Leia character?

^ Yes and Carrie Fisher was supposed to appear in Episode IX, so who knows what they'll do now with the General Leia character?
    I expect some major rewrites are on the way for E9 and perhaps some changes to E8.

Artist recreates Sgt. Pepper's cover art with famous people who died in 2016
    Hopefully he doesn't have to add any more before the year ends this week
    http://montrealgazette.com/entertain...o-died-in-2016

What I don't get is the shock that 2016 was an awful year for celebrity deaths. Simple fact is the Baby Boomers are getting older and this is just the beginning.

Debbie Reynolds, star of the 1952 classic 'Singin' in the Rain' and mother of Carrie Fisher, has died, son says. She was 84.

Jesus - and just a day after Carrie died

While making funeral arrangements she had a stroke. It was too much for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitlope View Post
    What I don't get is the shock that 2016 was an awful year for celebrity deaths. Simple fact is the Baby Boomers are getting older and this is just the beginning.
    Pretty much this. If anything its indicative of how much these celebrities milked their stature through the decades and with most not doing anything memorable in recent years or decades beyond copious drug abuse and with death being inevitable.

Carrie Fisher, reduced to doing comic conventions after not doing much of anything with her blessed life for decades. Not that she could act anyway. Some idiocy like Star Wars being a perfect mindless vehicle for her stardom.

Both Carrie and her mother represent some sordid youth stardom that society for some reason fixates on endlessly and takes seriously. Reality being that Carrie Fisher was a largely tragic figure that had a pretty good chance of expiring the same time Belushi (who had actual comic talent) died. Reality being Carrie was killing herself for decades or to some degree had already died (and come very close to it) several times.

The odd thing being is how difficult, really, can a life with eternal riches, Debbie Reynolds as a mother, fame as a guarantee, nonstop royalties and wealth be? What should require such people to engage in decades of continual self abuse and drug addiction? To be worshipped and put up for sainthood just the same.

Paul Simon took around 11mths(probably a whole lot quicker than that) to figure out what Carrie Fisher was about. The public never does. It worships tragic characters like this endlessly instead of forgetting them. Would be better to end the cycle of worshipping debauched fame and hoisting it on the alter. Eternal screw-ups like this probably don't deserve all the idolatry.

Perhaps if these addicts stopped being our heroes an altered awareness would ensue.

Perhaps if people stopped requiring vacant vicarious heroes at all we might see better in the immediate world.

The real pathos of 2016 is the visage of people shrieking and crying and calling 2016 a "terrible year" due to people they never knew dying. Especially when all of those people had the best possibilities and opportunities ever available in this world and many ****** it away.

Let the force be with you, the irony.

With all I'm reading in front pages about Carrie Fisher being a "perfect role model" hero I'm reminded of Alec Guinness's regrets about what mythic idolization would result from this Space spaghetti cowboy and western. Whole generations lost in fantasy worship and confusing a few on screen moments with realities of life.
    Last edited by Replacement; 29-12-2016 at 02:28 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
    Pretty much this. If anything its indicative of how much these celebrities milked their stature through the decades and with most not doing anything memorable in recent years or decades beyond copious drug abuse and with death being inevitable.

Carrie Fisher, reduced to doing comic conventions after not doing much of anything with her blessed life for decades. Not that she could act anyway. Some idiocy like Star Wars being a perfect mindless vehicle for her stardom.

Both Carrie and her mother represent some sordid youth stardom that society for some reason fixates on endlessly and takes seriously. Reality being that Carrie Fisher was a largely tragic figure that had a pretty good chance of expiring the same time Belushi (who had actual comic talent) died. Reality being Carrie was killing herself for decades or to some degree had already died (and come very close to it) several times.

The odd thing being is how difficult, really, can a life with eternal riches, Debbie Reynolds as a mother, fame as a guarantee, nonstop royalties and wealth be? What should require such people to engage in decades of continual self abuse and drug addiction? To be worshipped and put up for sainthood just the same.

Paul Simon took around 11mths(probably a whole lot quicker than that) to figure out what Carrie Fisher was about. The public never does. It worships tragic characters like this endlessly instead of forgetting them. Would be better to end the cycle of worshipping debauched fame and hoisting it on the alter. Eternal screw-ups like this probably don't deserve all the idolatry.

Perhaps if these addicts stopped being our heroes an altered awareness would ensue.

Perhaps if people stopped requiring vacant vicarious heroes at all we might see better in the immediate world.

The real pathos of 2016 is the visage of people shrieking and crying and calling 2016 a "terrible year" due to people they never knew dying. Especially when all of those people had the best possibilities and opportunities ever available in this world and many ****** it away.

Let the force be with you, the irony.

With all I'm reading in front pages about Carrie Fisher being a "perfect role model" hero I'm reminded of Alec Guinness's regrets about what mythic idolization would result from this Space spaghetti cowboy and western. Whole generations lost in fantasy worship and confusing a few on screen moments with realities of life.
    You're almost as hard on these people as you are on the Oilers.

I'm reminded of Alec Guinness's regrets about what mythic idolization would result from this Space spaghetti cowboy and western.
    I'm curous as to when Sir Alec came to this epiphany about the damaging impact of Star Wars. He was apparently still sanguine enough by 1983 to sign up for a cameo(along with the attendant paycheque) in Return Of The Jedi.

Replacement

Why do you hate someone you don't know? Although Carrier Fisher had her faults and fell into drug and alcohol addiction, she did pull herself out of it and was successful on many fronts and helped a lot of people with their problems. She had a successful career separate from Star Wars including 30 films, writing and editing scripts, a career in comedy and authored 8 books including Postcards from the Edge which was a best seller.

Replacement, how many books have you written lately?
    Last edited by Edmonton PRT; 29-12-2016 at 06:07 AM.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

As much as I dislike Replacements negativity I would have to say his long drawn out writings on c2e would likely compile an ultra thick book. Not a best seller though.

You're almost as hard on these people as you are on the Oilers.

Good one Drum.

I think what's surprising is a lot of them were border line baby boomers though. People like Prince and Bowie and Fischer and George Michael should have had another 10 years. Oh well, we all gotta go sometime...

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post
    Replacement

Why do you hate someone you don't know? Although Carrier Fisher had her faults and fell into drug and alcohol addiction, she did pull herself out of it and was successful on many fronts and helped a lot of people with their problems. She had a successful career separate from Star Wars including 30 films, writing and editing scripts, a career in comedy and authored 8 books including Postcards from the Edge which was a best seller.

Replacement, how many books have you written lately?
    I've spent my entire life helping people with their problems. In a career I chose due to a passion. I've written volumes.

I've spent much of this career trying to counter the toxic influences of errant idolatry of stars that provide the aimless role models for todays youth. Carrie Fisher aside, she is not the issue. The issue is the identification (strong) with toxic role models loaded with addiction and personal problems and with the caveat of most of those who worship them being attracted to these people that emulate their own potential worst directions. So common is the comment that the attachment is often due to the person having drug, addiction, mental health, life problems and "getting over it" which ultimately Carrie didn't and even according to those close to her. In the end, and in my view, Carrie Fisher became somebody that chose tragedy out of the biggest advantages and prosperity that life could possibly afford her. Yet youth, and often female youth choose figures like Carrie Fisher as heroines apparently because she could blast stormtroopers to hell and back in a galaxy far away and due to that was a real driven go girl. The reality being she already suffered profound drug addiction at the young entitled age in which she was making those films. With much of the reason she was on those sets being that Debbie Reynolds was her tireless mother. Carrie isn't really a resilient hero to me its somebody who fell down regularly and blamed Hollywood, everybody, for her own personal choices.

We've largely become a society that worships falling down. The more the Kanye Wests do it, the more they are beloved. Nor is this a new phenomenon. Its James Dean/Marilyn Monroe tragic figures endlessly recycling tragedy of postmodernity. At least in Monroes case she had ample reason in her upbringing to have profound issues.

The trouble ultimately is that Kanye West and Kim Kardashian being the new Camelot spells trouble for youth kingdom. We've lost our way. With reality nonsense and sensationalism providing the shining beacon.
    Last edited by Replacement; 29-12-2016 at 10:50 AM.
    "if god exists and he allowed that to happen, then its better that he doesn't exist"

Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    I'm reminded of Alec Guinness's regrets about what mythic idolization would result from this Space spaghetti cowboy and western.
    I'm curous as to when Sir Alec came to this epiphany about the damaging impact of Star Wars. He was apparently still sanguine enough by 1983 to sign up for a cameo(along with the attendant paycheque) in Return Of The Jedi.
    Guinness was compromised by then as well and was simply playing the role due to want for money. An older generation still remembers him for the classics. A young generation remembers him for some space cheese that was skewered, boiled in foundue in Spaceballs.

That said Alec made the choice, he regretted it publicly the rest of his life. As did almost any decent actor/actress associated with the trotted out Star Wars franchise. I could add the irony of the series only furthering Star Wars, wait, wars is in its name, rather than Lucas alleged parody and criticism of the Vietnam war. In which the Vietcong were perceived as the good guys..

Lucas should get together and have a long conversation with Trudeau on ideal empires..

Debbie Reynolds, star of the 1952 classic 'Singin' in the Rain' and mother of Carrie Fisher, has died, son says. She was 84.

Jesus - and just a day after Carrie died
    Story + obituary
    http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment...dead-1.3914744

I also read elsewhere that mother and daughter fell out over Postcards From The Edge so it's good that they reconciled and forgave each other well before both passed on. Just goes to show that life is too short for grudges.

Inventor of Iconic 'Red Solo Cup' Dies at 84

Chances are you’ve drunk from Robert Leo Hulseman’s cup without realizing it.

Hulseman, 84, died December 21. A devoted Christian and family man who was married to his late wife Sheila for nearly 60 years, Hulseman is owed a debt of thanks by virtually every American (and quite a few imbibers overseas) for his now-ubiquitous invention, the red Solo cup.

http://people.com/food/inventor-of-i...up-dies-at-84/

The world's oldest male panda, Pan Pan, 31. Survived by 130 descendants. That was a busy 31 years.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-38466409

Go ahead, speed pass me... I'll meet you at the next red light.

2016 is not over yet. Actor William Christopher, who played Father John Mulcahy on M*A*S*H, dead at 84.

After seeing each and every episode of Mash at least five times it's as though you know the cast personally. For me anyway. RIP Father and thanks.

After seeing each and every episode of Mash at least five times it's as though you know the cast personally. For me anyway. RIP Father and thanks.
    Seems that Wayne Rogers died exactly a year before.

To the day.

One of my favourite scenes with the good father........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keuVTGVlf2Q

A lot of Edmontonians did get to know the MASH cast, or at least several of them through their repeated stage west performances. Seemed like for decades the cast were regulars at the facility, kept coming back in command performances and enjoyed their experiences here and including Father Mulcahy afairc. Those were heady times for the facility that had Hollywood Stars in nearly every production.

Really nothing quite like it here now.

RIP William Christopher, a man who played a difficult role with grace and believable juxtaposition of a Father serving during war.

RIP as well for programs like M*A*S*H not existing anymore. As with many things public entertainment was different back then and rarely equalled now.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I was going to post the William Christopher announcement but got caught up in last nights New years festivities.

We lost so many sports personalities, actors and those in the entertainment world in 2016. It was hard to keep up with all those that passed away. What struck home for me was losing David Bowie, Carrie Fisher and Rob Ford. I would love to have this thread reduced to one or two announcements for 2017.

With the explosion of "personalities" in so many endeavours from the 60s on, and the wide exposure they got in multiple growing media, there are lots of people we've all become familiar with. That trend will not go away for some time, if ever.

With the explosion of "personalities" in so many endeavours from the 60s on, and the wide exposure they got in multiple growing media, there are lots of people we've all become familiar with. That trend will not go away for some time, if ever.
    I think just getting older is also a factor as we take more note of those passing away.

Quote Originally Posted by KC View Post
    I think just getting older is also a factor as we take more note of those passing away.
    I dunno about this. I don't take note, per se, but the media (fora like this included) sure does so we can't miss it. And with the explosion of media in our lives we know a lot more names, even if we didn't consume their product. It's the increasing volume of people we all knew in our Boomer/GenX/Millenial lives that's so noticeable.

Of course, if I had died in 2015 I would never have known, but everyone else would.

Quote Originally Posted by envaneo View Post
    I would love to have this thread reduced to one or two announcements for 2017.

“Oh I don't mind going to weddings or funerals, just as long as it's not my own...”
    ― Tom Waits
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

The first significant celebrity death of 2017 - Milt Schmidt, 98
    http://www.tsn.ca/bruins-legend-milt...-away-1.643932
    Last edited by Sonic Death Monkey; 04-01-2017 at 10:44 PM.

Last edited by Spudly; 09-01-2017 at 11:01 PM. Reason: added extra link

Been there a couple of times myself.

Larry Langley, C of E Councillor/Broadcaster

http://edmontonjournal.com/news/loca...ngley-has-died
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Was it Langley who narrated those Kung-Fu ads that came on after the 11:00 news on local CBC? They had two guys duking it out in what looked like the Lethbridge Japanese garden, and a voiceover that was heavy on the jumped-up gravitas.

I think it was for Simon Kung Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by overoceans View Post
    I think it was for Simon Kung Fu.
    Ah yes, Master Simon the demolisher of huge ice blocks.
    Did my dog just fall into a pothole???

Tony Rosato, Canadian ‘Saturday Night Live’ and ‘SCTV’ alum, dead at 62

http://globalnews.ca/news/3175169/tony-rosato-canadian-saturday-night-live-and-sctv-alum-dead-at-62/?sf50515371=1

Larry Langley was a great guy and my pleasure to meet with him on several occasions.

Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

C2E SME

False. Unless it was talking about his talent. In which case, they're about a decade out of date.

Whew! Now I don't have to rename my "Adam Sandler list" of actors that do movies that are never worth watching.

South Beverly Heights in a small house with a large lot!!

Post deleted....
    Make the RIGHT choice before you take your last breath......

Ok, this was announced before noon on Friday the 13th. I didn't have time to post and I assumed someone else here would do the deed.

You Grim Reaper posers FAILED!

Lord Snowdon, former husband of Princess Margaret, dies at 86

​Lord Snowdon, the society photographer and filmmaker who married Princess Margaret and continued to mix in royal circles even after their divorce, has died. He was 86.

Buckingham Palace said that Queen Elizabeth, Margaret's sister, had been told that he died.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/lord-snowdon-1.3934364

Jimmy ‘Superfly’ Snuka, former pro wrestler, dead at 73

PHILADELPHIA – Former pro wrestler Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka, who earlier this month was found not competent to stand trial in the 1983 death of his girlfriend, has died at his son-in-law’s home in Florida. He was 73.

http://globalnews.ca/news/3182851/ji...ly-snuka-dead/

Last man on the moon,Eugene Cernan passes ...http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/us/eug...ies/index.html

Mary Tyler Moore, 80

(CNN)Actress Mary Tyler Moore, whose eponymous 1970s series helped usher in a new era for women on television, died Wednesday at the age of 80, her longtime representative Mara Buxbaum said.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/25/entert...ath/index.html
    Last edited by North Guy66; 25-01-2017 at 01:00 PM.

Last edited by Barry N; 25-01-2017 at 02:08 PM.

Sir John Hurt, actor whose credits include Alien and Elephant Man, at 77.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38778145
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Sir John Hurt, actor whose credits include Alien and Elephant Man, at 77.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38778145
    My favourite Doctor!

You folks all know that celebrity deaths happen in 3's, right?

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

Quote Originally Posted by North Guy66 View Post
    You folks all know that celebrity deaths happen in 3's, right?
    doesn't everything happen in 3's?

except, of course, for those things that don't...
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Barbara Hale 'Perry Mason' actress passes.........

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/barb...et-1201971817/

C2E SME
    "Talk minus action equals zero." - Joe Keithley, D. O. A.

Richard Hatch, Star Of Battlestar Galactica, Dies At 71

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/02...ctica-dies-71/

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

Awww sh-t. I always liked him in that role.

Awww sh-t. I always liked him in that role.
    Not sure which BSG you're referring to but his role in the new BSG as the political activist/terrorist/coup leader Tom Zarek was inspired.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I think Richard Hatch was in Galactica 1980. That was the Apollo role I always liked him in. The new BSG was a huge fail for me. I watched 1 episode and tuned out. I got turned off with the floating camera angles and the updated Cylon's.

I think Richard Hatch was in Galactica 1980. That was the Apollo role I always liked him in. The new BSG was a huge fail for me. I watched 1 episode and tuned out. I got turned off with the floating camera angles and the updated Cylon's.
    He wasn't in Galactica 1980 but did take on a significant role in the new series. I really enjoyed the new series as, for the most part, it was solid science fiction with good stories and good acting. Having Cylon's who were indistinguishable from humans added strong story elements and some interesting philosophical questions. It got a bit muddled towards the end but was still decent with some moments of brilliance. One of those in S4 was Hatch's character, Tom Zarek, demonstrating exactly how you take over a government when you have the guns and are totally ruthless.

C2E Stole my Heart!!!!

I kind of thought he was but after checking, he turned the script down. Human Cylons was another turn off for me, which broke away from tradition.

There's where we differ. I think if you're going to revisit an old show you need to break with it while staying true at the same time to be interesting.

Mike Ilitch, owner of Red Wings, Tigers, dead at 87
    A native Detroiter, founder of Little Caesars was beloved in Motor City

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/...t-87-1.3977563

Al Jarreau, jazz, r'n'b, soul singer, at 76.
    http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38951462
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Addicted to C2E
    Mr. Reality Check

stuart mclean, long time host of cbc's vinyl café at 68.

"Stuart always emphasized that the world is a good place, full of good people, trying to do their best. He believed in people’s extraordinary capacity for love and generosity. And he had faith in our ability to work together for the common good. "

hopefully we will prove him right.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment...t-68-1.3984826
    Last edited by kcantor; 15-02-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    "If you did not want much, there was plenty." Harper Lee

Quote Originally Posted by kcantor View Post
    stuart mclean, long time host of cbc's vinyl café at 68.

"Stuart always emphasized that the world is a good place, full of good people, trying to do their best. He believed in people’s extraordinary capacity for love and generosity. And he had faith in our ability to work together for the common good. "

hopefully we will prove him right.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment...t-68-1.3984826

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast