Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Louise McKinney Park

C2E Continued Contributor

Default Louise McKinney Park

I finally ran through the park today and was happy and dismayed. Happiness was that I think the Plaza is being built as we speak. Looks to be two levels and they already have glass on a good portion of the riverview portion. This will make the park much more friendly and useful. Love the Chinese garden and the stage looks great as well.

The dismayed part was the promenade beside the river where the newly laid retaining wall had graffitti painted from one end to another. With this new bylaw passed for graffitti removal is the city going to fine itself? I am just disappointed as it looks like some of the graffiti has been there for a while. The city needs to take a leadership on this. And winter can't be the excuse as there are days where it does warm up. It would either be sandblasting or some sort of chemical treatment or better yet, elbow grease from persons who have been given community service. Especially if one happens to be a tagger.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

That is super disappointing... I don't understand why people do it. I wish they had a designated wall somewhere where tagging was acceptable. Some of it can look really good.

C2E Long Term Contributor

This park, which is in dire need of security, is currently a magnet for riff-raff.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E Super Addict

Quote Originally Posted by etownboarder View Post
    That is super disappointing... I don't understand why people do it. I wish they had a designated wall somewhere where tagging was acceptable. Some of it can look really good.
    Huh? I wish people had some class & respect & just didn't do that stuff! I've stated this idea before, catch the graffiti vandals & make them scrub it off.

I'd rather C2E than work!

I wish they had a designated wall somewhere where tagging was acceptable. Some of it can look really good.
    I don't think this would have an overall effect on graffiti in the city. People do it not because they don't know where they can and should, but because they don't care. The key word in "civil disobedience" is "disobedience."

If I remember correctly there's a designated area near where the NELRT exit portal after Churchill Station is. I've been meaning to walk up there and take some photos.
    Giving less of a damn than ever… Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

First One is Always Free

Default Louise McKinney Park

Your easiest way to get to Louise McKinney Park on foot is to go to Shaw Conference Centre and take the esculator or elevator to the third or fourth floor down, then walk out the doors at the southeast corner, go to and across Grierson Hill, then into Louise McKinney Park.

I happen to go that route frequently because I am a Director and Executive v-p of the Edmonton Chinese Garden Society. You will be even more distressed to know that vandels knocked the head off the ox in the Chinese Zodiak, costing us much money to get another from China. The City owns the park but has been reluctant to provide adequate security there or provide intensified lighting which they have promised and contracted to do. Woe is Edmonton.

i choose this park over many others in summertime because so few people use it...you honestly cannot beat the location and view.

i do wish we saw some more park wardens and the like around.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Louise McKinney needs security of some sort.
    They also really, really need to close the minimum security prison at the top of Grieson hill.

Exclamation

No time for depth, but must say:

this is critical.

Cameras, patrols, graphitti removal: immediately.

Graffiti happens everywhere, end of story.

Edmonton's problem is the City does nothing about in on their property, hoping that some kind volunteer will take care of it while they ponder why people say our facilities are crap...
    LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.

Sadly grafitti is spreading too, it seems like every lightpole, power box etc has some *****'s name scribbled on it. Hopefully in the spring there will be some kind of general paint over going on. As I've said before this sort of stuff seems to spread exponentially.

And if Louise Mc Kinney park is not kept up you will never get large amounts a people wandering through and enjoying, therefore giving free rein to vandals.
    Last edited by Edmontonfan; 16-06-2008 at 05:07 PM.
    Edmontonian and proud of it!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

how about if anyone gets caught doing graffiti their punishment will be having to clean up graffiti of a certain area.

Default honestly

you people just dont appreciate the artistic view on graffiti. you cant look at it as vandalism, but expression. we taggers are simply doing what we love and enjoy. its a passion. not something used to annoy. learn to appreciate everything around you rather than complain.

^i actually quite like a lot of graffiti and tagging, but for people to do it on a newly constructed park? Come on.

show some respect
    www.decl.org

C2E Posting Power

Quote Originally Posted by unnamed View Post
    you people just dont appreciate the artistic view on graffiti. you cant look at it as vandalism, but expression. we taggers are simply doing what we love and enjoy. its a passion. not something used to annoy. learn to appreciate everything around you rather than complain.
    Perhaps you should express with your tagging on your own property?

^probably lives with parents or is renting! It's easy to say stuff like "unnamed" said when you don't have any responsibilities of your own.

Grafitti is vandalism plain and simple, unless it is invited by a property owner (public or private). Otherwise it is visual pollution.

"learn to appreciate everything around you rather than complain."

I try to appreciate what is around me but it is often covered in scribbled names and other such expressions of artistic licence.

Isn't the rule of graffiti supposed to be that you don't paint over something better? A warehouse with it's back to the LRT where the customers never go is one thing, but a traditional style Chinese monument to the people who died building the CPR?

This is outrageous. Why not tag the Mona Lisa?
    Let's make Edmonton better.

C2E SME

How would the taggers like it if their own home started getting tagged. Graffitti sometimes in the right places look ok, but taging is just vandalism.
    LRT is our future, time to push forward.

they should have a wall in the park where artists/taggers/graffittists can have at er.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    they should have a wall in the park where artists/taggers/graffittists can have at er.
    In honesty this may be the best solution. Otherwise I don't see the vandalism coming to an end. Perhaps those who truly feel its an art form would help to police the area from those that are just there to destroy it. That way they are really protecting the area they are being given from being taken away.

^they have a wall like this in a park in river ridge (sw) and it works very well.
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

If a wall to do graffitti/art is available in the park, would tagging and graffitti stop in the remainder of the park? If so, then maybe that is the solution, if not what do you do, build another wall?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmcowboy11 View Post
    If a wall to do graffitti/art is available in the park, would tagging and graffitti stop in the remainder of the park? If so, then maybe that is the solution, if not what do you do, build another wall?
    I severely doubt it. I don't think most people tag to make art, 99% of taggers are tagging to p%*%$ people off. Other taggers won't notice their tags, if they are not the first to mark a new piece of property.

The park is nice during the day, when there are plenty of public around. But, like it or not, it is also often filled with drunks and homeless, which is a shame. I think the City has to be a bit more careful when designing parks in trouble spot locations, as it is no surprise that anything in this park is likely to be vandalized at one point or another.

Does anyone know when the park buildings will be open in Louise McKinney Park? It would have been great to be open for Canada Day but it looks like they still have lots of stuff to do. And what exactly will they have? Hopefully more than just a washroom and a little shop. What a great place for a coffee/ice cream shop/small eatery and a bike/roller blade rental shop!

Addicted to C2E

louise mckinney will be a gathering place for drunks & homeless as long as the quarters remains the same. only once the quarters starts filling up with normal people living in the neighborhood will the park be safe. security and police presence will help as a temporary solution, but in the long run all the place needs is people. lots of normal people.

I was down there today, walked the whole thing, and didn't see one drunk nor bum. It was a lot of joggers, strollers, and people enjoying the park.

That being said....even in Hyde Park I always see an amazingly diverse crowd.

^bingo.

I have never had an issue at louise mckinney and in fact have run into more "drunks" at hawrelak.
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

In the times that I've been there I've never really encountered any drunks. Maybe late at night there are more transients.

An eatery would really be good down there to help draw people to the park. Especially in the evenings.

C2E SME

I've been busy with my camera these past few days so I thought I would take some current shots of the park. I think it is coming along quite nicely. I can't wait for it to be all done.

New facility at the park (I wonder what will be going in these spaces)

River walk

Path leading from the riverwalk upwards.

Walking path just below the main park

Looking at the downtown and Shumka stage from the Chinese Garden

Chinese Garden

The promenade walk along the river is nothing but sexy. This park is definitely being done right so far.

this park has come a long way and is finally looking very very good.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by MylesC View Post
    The promenade walk along the river is nothing but sexy.
    Yes, but I would like it even more if it was extended all the way to the footbridge.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

C2E SME

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Yes, but I would like it even more if it was extended all the way to the footbridge.
    Go one further, I would like to see it extended to the footbridge and all the way the other way to the Low Level bridge

^exactly...
    www.decl.org

Go one further, I would like to see it extended to the footbridge and all the way the other way to the Low Level bridge
    Go another further...across the footbridge to the Edmonton Queen pier.

I believe this was the original intention...cough budget cough.

i would love to see something like this along river valley road from EPCOR to groat road.
    www.decl.org

^ Same here. That area would be a wonderful boardwalk, with restaurants, cafes, park-oriented services, etc. All seasons, too.
    Almost always open to debate...

C2E SME

My dream would have the river walk go from the pedestrian bridge to the Walterdale Bridge. At that point it could continue a little bit to the John Walter Museum accross the river and then also link to the Legislature via stairways, gardens, etc...
    Oh yeah and also have it continue around to where the Edm Queen is docked.

First One is Always Free

Smile Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival suggests broader usefulness of little know park!

Upcoming Edmonton Dragon Boat Festival suggests broader usefulness of little know park in center of city.

It is hard to imagine a more unlikely secret than Louise McKinney Park a beautiful huge tract of land sitting on the river bank in the exact center of the city. A secret right under our noses!

As the organizer of the recently completed, highly successful Leonard Cohen International Festival the end of July that is exactly what I found. None of our local volunteers knew much about the park, none had been there before, there was a rumor there were no picnic benches etc.

When we actually arrived there for our Sunday morning picnic on the river bank one cannot have imagine a more idyllic setting, with a beautiful Chinese garden, very nice picnic benches and facilities, good parking and running paths, gorgeous views of the river and city skyline on just a perfect Edmonton summer day.

The highest profile event officially linked to the park is the August 22-24 Dragon Boat Festival which begins next weekend. Organizers of other meetings and events in the city should take in this majestic event this weekend and consider using Louise McKinney park themselves for future events, to take full advantage of this wonderful little known treasure of the city!

Kim Solez, MD, president, Cohenights Arts Society, pathologist, UofA Hospital

Kim,

To maximize the exposure of the Dragon Boat Festival I created a new thread in the Festival section of the forum.

Thank you for the great information!

Debra

Went for a walk through the park today and thought it was amazing. It is a great place to be and will be a jewel once it is 100% completed. Also went over and walked through the park at the Muttart and then through the Cloverdale neighbourhood. Makes a person proud to be an Edmontonian. Wonderful part of our city.

^bingo...i do this walk regularly.
    www.decl.org

- worthy of a rant... but I can't take the pressure of starting my own rants forum thread

maybe my recollection is weak... I was sure I'd used the Convention Center escalators in the past - on a Sunday. The Center was closed yesterday (Sunday)... on the day of the Dragon Boat Race finals. Those Center escalators make all the difference for mobility challenged persons and 'others'... we actually helped a young mother carry her baby stroller up the Convention Center maze-like outdoor stairs to Jasper Ave.

if the idea is to help bring visibility to the park... particularly during major events... to help assist visitors to access the park, particularly as there is no bus service..... plan/coordinate to ensure that the Center is open to maximize visibility and participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    - worthy of a rant... but I can't take the pressure of starting my own rants forum thread

maybe my recollection is weak... I was sure I'd used the Convention Center escalators in the past - on a Sunday. The Center was closed yesterday (Sunday)... on the day of the Dragon Boat Race finals. Those Center escalators make all the difference for mobility challenged persons and 'others'... we actually helped a young mother carry her baby stroller up the Convention Center maze-like outdoor stairs to Jasper Ave.

if the idea is to help bring visibility to the park... particularly during major events... to help assist visitors to access the park, particularly as there is no bus service..... plan/coordinate to ensure that the Center is open to maximize visibility and participation.
    ^ Totally agree and your recollection is correct. Sometimes the SCC is open on Sundays/after hours and sometimes it is not (as in when there is nothing going on in the Shaw itself). Not very neighbourly or community minded IMO.

Cohesion and thought to what is going on in the LM park would be wonderful and is needed but I am sure it comes down to costs (security and electricity).

That is odd - I thought it would be open too. I know it has been in the past... even when something wasn't going on. As it is part of the pedway system, it should be the pedway connection to the Louise Mckinney PArk

I'll add my concern with the Shaw Conference closure yesterday. Very bad timing with the dragon boat festival going on and fortunately none of us being healthy and able to use stairs were impacted but SCC needs to realize its the only access to this area for quite a few people.

Worst day of the year they could pick to be closed. As a corporate citizen irresponsible even.

Had a great day in the area otherwise and its looking like a good enjoyable park. Strolled around there seeing everything we could and then uptown to Blue plate diner for the 1st time. Good place for some veggies

Started a new thread that is reflective on the four posts above:
    http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...ead.php?t=8632
    Last edited by DebraW; 25-08-2008 at 06:30 PM.

C2E SME

I think the idea of a motorised access to the park should be addressed again. What was it called, a funicular, that was being suggested.

Exclamation Louise McKinney Park takes a major step towards becoming an Edmonton destination

Louise McKinney Park takes a major step towards becoming an Edmonton destination

News Release

September 5, 2008 – A new natural gathering place in Edmonton’s river valley has been unveiled. Phase Two of the Louise McKinney Riverfront Legacy Project showcases new central viewpoints; boat docks; amenity buildings; a widened Trans Canada Trail; a well-lit, expanded Promenade; and two additional buildings that include public washrooms – all with breathtaking views!

“Louise McKinney Park is a new gathering place, a new destination in Edmonton, and one that offers Edmontonians and visitors easy access to recreational spaces with scenic views that take in the best of the city. This park is truly a legacy for future generations!” Mayor Stephen Mandel announced during the opening on Friday.

The Park also features the Capital Health Trail Link, which provides access for all park users – including seniors, the disabled, and families with strollers – directly from the new facilities at the Plaza Level to the Promenade Level.

“By enhancing our physical environment, we create opportunities for physical activity for everyone in the community thereby improving overall health for the young and young-at-heart, alike,” said Dr. Gerry Predy, Vice President of Public Health and Medical Officer of Health, Alberta Health Services – Capital Health.

The additional amenities make the park more attractive to regular visitors like Edmonton Centre MLA, Laurie Blakeman. “I’m thrilled the urban park named after one of the first two women elected in Canada is the site of the Riverfront Legacy Project,” Blakeman said. “As a runner who passes through the park several times a week, I already see more people using and enjoying the park.”

The development of the park will allow residents to utilize one of Edmonton’s finest landmarks to its fullest. “Let’s re-discover why our forefathers built this great city on a river! This new park development will allow all of us to access the riverbank and fully enjoy the beauty of the river,” said Thomas Lukaszuk, MLA Edmonton Castle Downs.

Joining Mayor Mandel, the two MLA’s and Capital Health’s Alberta Health Services representative, Aslam Bhatti, Sol Rolinger from the River Valley Alliance and Ted Blodgett, Edmonton’s Poet Laureate, who provided a moving poetic evocation of the beauty of Edmonton.

The park now has the infrastructure to meet the needs of those wanting to host corporate picnics, runs, or new festivals. Additional information about the park can be found at www.edmonton.ca

- 30 -

I think I'm going to go check this out this weekend (weather permitting)

C2E SME

One comment I have to make about the park, or actually more accurately the information on the city website. Someone should go and update the info there. It looks like the last time someone checked that part of the site was a couple years ago.

As for the park itself, it is definitely a nice place but still needs more work. I enjoy walking along the river's edge on the promenade, unfortunately it's a short walk. I said it earlier in this thread and I'll mention it again, the river walk should be extended to the pedestrian bridge east and to the low level bridge to the west.
    Oh and how about this for an idea. Regarding the white retaining wall on the west end of the park along the river walk. Instead of keeping it a blank wall which will continually be plagued by taggers or other vandalism, how about commissioning a local artist or a few artists to paint the wall with some beautiful art work. Something like that could encourage more people to come down to the river valley and with would hopefully stop taggers and vandals from messing up that wall which is very visible when your coming into the downtown via the low level bridge.

Posted some pic here:
    http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/forum...206#post127206

Right now it's a bit underwhelming. Guess I'll wait and see what all goes into this building.

I read somewhere that there's an unfunded Phase III for this park? What does that include besides the funicular?

Everytime I drive down 98 Ave towards downtown, you can see the lights on the new promenade reflecting off the river (when it's not frozen). It looks FANTASTIC! We need a longer promenade and more lights, it really classes up the area.

To SDM - phase III had numerous parts of it but I'd have to do some digging in my past records/photos/etc to try and see what those were. It looks like all the early planning documents were taken off the City's website for the park.

C2E SME

It would be nice if the promenade could at least be extended to the low level bridge.

^ Why are you on this massive thread resurrection spree? Are you bored or something?

C2E SME

Well sorta bored, yes. And in other cases I am curious if there have been any new developments for different projects or are some of these completely dead in the water.

In regards to Louise McKinney Park though, if I'm not mistaken most to all the construction has been completed so I'm wondering if anything new has happened there and in particular if anything has gone into those two structures that were built.

^those are to have a rental place on one side and a small cafe on the other. I would hope/guess they are planned to open this year.

As for the promenade it would be difficult to bring to the low level due to the natural state of that area on the curve.
    www.decl.org

C2E SME

Well I really hope that something does go down into those buildings. With a cafe I hope more and more people will want to spend some time and enjoy the park and promenade.

How about as a first step the promenade can be extended to the pedestrian bridge to the east.

Are there still plans for the funicular?

Are there still plans for the funicular?
    i sure hope not

WASTE OF MONEY
    www.decl.org

How about as a first step the promenade can be extended to the pedestrian bridge to the east.
    why? the rest is there right now... open something up, promote it, hold events there, and get people around the city aware that there is something there.

the majority of people i know have never been or even know it exists.
    www.decl.org

Default Phase Two is Underway

I was down in Louise McKinney Park today and there was about 10 trucks out, and they were digging up the area to the east of the riverfront promenade. There was signage up on one of the construction fences stating that they are working on "Phase Two" of Louise McKinney Park. I remember from the original renderings that the promenade was to extend underneath the Cloverdale walking bridge, so it appears this is what they're working on.

I checked out the city website to see if I could find any more info, but unfortunately they don't have anything up.

Interesting. I was thinking that maybe they halted subsequent phases because of seLRT but I guess not.

Isn't the SELRT bridge going to replace the walking bridge right in the same location?

^yup.

As for phase 2, I know that there is a new small pavilion type thing going in and yes, the riverwalk is to be extended. Not sure what else.
    www.decl.org

Addicted to C2E

its not going to be replaced, they will build a deck ontop of the existing. a

^you sure... I was under the impression a new structure would be required.
    www.decl.org

highlander

The piers might be able to support an LRT bridge, but there's no way that the superstructure ever would.

According to the latest public presentation it will be a new bridge not sure abut the piers.

I sure hope there is still a pedestrian bridge incorporated here.

^ Quoted from the concept plan " The bridge is being planned as a split level bridge, which would have pedestrian activity on a level below the LRT crossing. The pedestrian bridge elevation would be approximately the same height as the existing footbridge to allow trail connections to be maintained."

beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonfan View Post
    ^ Quoted from the concept plan " The bridge is being planned as a split level bridge, which would have pedestrian activity on a level below the LRT crossing. The pedestrian bridge elevation would be approximately the same height as the existing footbridge to allow trail connections to be maintained."
    So this will be like the existing LRT river crossing.

Yup, they even compared it to the Menzies bridge.

C2E SME

Wouldn't it be nice if they could just start working on the bridge now.

Quote Originally Posted by CTV Edmonton News

Concept plans have been released for a proposed urban beach play area along the North Saskatchewan River.

A report set to go before councillors Tuesday outlines ideas for possible beach play area options at Louise McKinney Park.

The play area would not directly provide access to the water – that’s a measure to discourage people from swimming in the North Saskatchewan River.

Read more: http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/plans-rel...iver-1.1254430
    So is the Hawrelak beach out? Would have preferred that one where you could enter the water, Or have this at Rossdale, very close distances but I feel like Rossdale is more 'in the city' than LMP, just my perception.
    Last edited by Perspective; 26-04-2013 at 12:25 PM.

www.decl.org

much better location imo.

ADIRONDACK chairs, hells yes!
    www.decl.org

besides this having a more central location, the original hawrelak proposal was much more grand and actually being able to go into the water was a huge bonus. ah well...

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

I think this is a second beach location. The Hawrelak idea is still on the table, is it not?

^yes, but less beach more spray park
    www.decl.org

Ladies in beachwear, a fine addition to the valley.

Sounds good! But they need to figure out two things:
    - the issue of the river washing away the sand
    - the issue of the river carrying off people who fall in

^ have you EVER been to the site?
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

Many times. Got a point, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Journal

Edmonton city councillors have endorsed an urban beach at Louise McKinney Riverfront Park. The proposed sanded area would be located where the orange oval shape is in the above image.
    Photograph by: Supplied , City of Edmonton
    As the sandy area is located inland from the existing rocky beach, I don't think erosion from the river or it carrying people of from the sandy area will be an issue. If the river floods to the height of the sand, we'll have other things to worry about

Many times. Got a point, or what?
    Based on your questions it doesn't seem like it.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton Journal

Edmonton city councillors have endorsed an urban beach at Louise McKinney Riverfront Park. The proposed sanded area would be located where the orange oval shape is in the above image.
    Photograph by: Supplied , City of Edmonton
    As the sandy area is located inland from the existing rocky beach, I don't think erosion from the river or it carrying people of from the sandy area will be an issue. If the river floods to the height of the sand, we'll have other things to worry about
    I really dislike like that plan. The concept of a beach is defeated when it is separated that far from the water...and being further divided by the promenade is just nonsensical. Might as well just put the beach in the middle of Churchill Square then.

I would rather they followed the Clock Tower Beach example, where it is adjacent to the water but separated by a pier:

I would have no issue sitting here and reading a book in the sand...

https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&ll...74.42,,0,23.47
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

I'm so glad we'll now have a "beach" for the throngs of people swarming Louise Mckinney Park in the spring/summer. I mean, many days I can hardly get a seat or even a patch of grass to sit on.

Seriously, people don't hang out at LMP because there isn't any sand?

This idea stinks like the Churchill Square plan. When citizens start using/occupying what is there then perhaps discuss changes/improvements. Outside of Hip Hop in the park there has been no consistent programming at the LMP stage. Use what we have already and then discuss changes.

Ya I don't think a bit of sand will suddenly make the park more popular. There is many great areas in this park, and it is always empty, save for the skids and degenerates that use the park as their local shooting gallery and watering hole.

Not sure why someone would need sand to enjoy this location with a book. .. Why aren't you using it now? How will sand make a difference?

I look forward to sitting in an Adirondack chair with a book... at the moment it feels a little undeveloped.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    Ya I don't think a bit of sand will suddenly make the park more popular. There is many great areas in this park, and it is always empty, save for the skids and degenerates that use the park as their local shooting gallery and watering hole.

Not sure why someone would need sand to enjoy this location with a book. .. Why aren't you using it now? How will sand make a difference?
    My kids and I use LMP all summer long. It is our central transportation corridor to downtown. Sure, there is the occasional rummy around, so what? Without my kids, perhaps I'm one of the skids you are referring to, but there isn't a better place in the city to smoke a joint, enjoy the weather and read a book.

I'm interested in the bit about a restaurant and patio

I really dislike like that plan. The concept of a beach is defeated when it is separated that far from the water...and being further divided by the promenade is just nonsensical. Might as well just put the beach in the middle of Churchill Square then.

I would rather they followed the Clock Tower Beach example, where it is adjacent to the water but separated by a pier:

I too think it should be right up along the river, separated by a boardwalk promenade or pier.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Have to admit, even as a DT dweller, there are better places for this.

Perhaps as the Quarters take shape this will get well used, but for now I think even Govt House Park would have been a better choice.

Patio and resto on the other hand? Essssellent idea.
    ... gobsmacked

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast