2 2.27%
  • other (please specify)

26 29.55%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best coffee?

C2E Long Term Contributor

Default Best coffee?

Who can you always count on for a great coffee?
    This is a multiple choice poll.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Axis Cafe on Jasper is my favourite in town....mmm...so good. Great atmosphere too.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

C2E Hard Core Contributor

I normally drink Java Jive. It's pretty much the only place on campus that I can get a dark coffee. Basically, if you only have one bland flavour I don't want it.

The darkest you have please. No sugar. No cream. Is that pot left over from yesterday, even better.

First One is Always Free

I like both Tim's and Starbucks - depends on the day and how much cash I have on me. As for tea, the best tea place in town is The Tea Place. http://theteaplace.ca/ Love their bubble teas and their flatbread sandwiches are great!

Quote Originally Posted by connie View Post
    I like both Tim's and Starbucks - depends on the day and how much cash I have on me. As for tea, the best tea place in town is The Tea Place. http://theteaplace.ca/ Love their bubble teas and their flatbread sandwiches are great!
    lol at that site not supporting IE, thats something you dont see everyday.

C2E Continued Contributor

Personally, the only thing I care about is the caffeine. Wherever it's cheap and doesn't taste like you know what...
    Quote Originally Posted by richardW View Post
    I'd call this forward thinking. We must convince the corporate world to make the switch as well. My experience with IE is that it has been very clunky. It's not that it doesn't work, it's that it tries to do too much and suffers in the performance area where it matters most.

Addicted to C2E

Caffe Artigiano in Vancouver and now in Calgary has the best unfortunately it is not here.

Also Inteligentsia in Chicago is very good too!

Here my pick is Sorrentinos

And of course nothing beats kona coffee which is very hard to get here (and its providence is questionable), but I do not mind a trip to the Islands for a fix
    Last edited by kona; 15-04-2008 at 09:30 PM.

Tim Hortons coffee has got a nice blend and texture to it, my preference, although I usually stop off at Timothy's at TD Tower in the morning, simply because of location and having a 1/2 flavour and regular strength. Starbucks I find is very srong, too strong in some ways. Sorrentino's I have not tried, nor some others mentioned, but I do like my morning coffee, kind of a ritualistic thing to congratulate myself for arriving downtown after getting my sorry *** out of bed so early.

I prefer tea over coffee.

I'd rather C2E than work!

I've enjoyed Axis and Cafe Sorrentinos in the mall.

Three Bananas is a main place for me. I'm definitely becoming a regular there, heh.
    LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.

I always enjoy second cup, two reasons the flavour of my drink of choice is consistanly good and their line-ups are nothing ridiculous like TH. So it's in and out, just the way it should be.
    Edmontonian and proud of it!

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Caffe Sorrentino is awesome!! Espresso and Lattes the way they should be (not BURNT!!) are you listening Second Cup & Starbucks???

Three Banana Cafe is the regular weekday spot for me. Very nice staff and great food. There is also a coffee shop in the strip mall on 50 street and 106 Avenue that is very good. Good places to go for lunch.

Thumbs up 3 Bananas, Bistro Praha

I love the coffee at Bistro Praha. It's #1 on my list. A close second would be the 3 Bananas in Churchill Square. I went there with the cleanup crew on Sundays, and the coffee was great! He does the best designs on the top of latte's too!

Third is a tie between Tim Hortons and Second Cup.
    aka Jim Good; "The sooner you fall behind, the more time you have to catch up." - Steven Wright

Anyone remember Grabbajabba? Wow, that's going back a few years.

But I'm not much into coffee that sounds like Italian Tenor's, so I like smaller coffee shops. The Nisku truck stop makes excellent coffee, and is open 24 hours. That's where my wife and I frequent if we just want to sit down and have a nice relaxing talk.
    Last edited by finishstrong; 16-04-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Definately Leva and Decapo. Remedy also brews up a storm. They also make a killer Chai..

If I'm in a bind, I'll hit up Starbucks.

I can't stand Second cup, I swear to god all of their coffee tastes like Irish Cream. I don't know if they don't clean their filters - but whatever it is, bold or decaf, it always tastes flavoured. I try not to get within 100 feet of a Tim Hortons.

Other than that, I usually just make my own at home with Oso Negro and a coffee press

Addicted to C2E

I really fail to see the extreme popularity if TH, the coffee is OK if one is in a bind but by no means nothing I would line up for (not even if the line was only 3 people).

Second Cup is not to bad - it is consistent. I use to not mind Starbucks, but then they switched out their manual machines for the automatics, and well not so good, their drip coffee is still OK.

Grabbajabba was not bad, and there still is one of sorts in the Phipps McKinnon building, same local owner but the name changed.

I cam e home earlier in the weak through the airport and noticed a Starbucks open by the air canada gates.

i dunno about coffee but i love second cups hot chocolate

Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    I really fail to see the extreme popularity if TH, the coffee is OK if one is in a bind but by no means nothing I would line up for (not even if the line was only 3 people).
    I agree. While its not bad coffee, I'm not one of the sheep who has been brainwashed into believing that Timmys is the greatest coffee on the planet. There's even the implication of national pride in drinking it (the political photo-op by McKay and C. Rice, the Timmys in Afghanistan, etc). I'll have a Tims if I can't get anything better, otherwise I can take it or leave it.

The best stuff for me is at Caffe Sorrentino and Axis, while I think Second Cup is the best chain brew.

I also have to give an honorable mention to McDs - last couple of times I've gone for an Egg McMuffin fix, I found the coffee surprisingly good; a far cry from the heated ditch-water that used to pass for coffee there.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kona View Post
    I agree. While its not bad coffee, I'm not one of the sheep who has been brainwashed into believing that Timmys is the greatest coffee on the planet. There's even the implication of national pride in drinking it (the political photo-op by McKay and C. Rice, the Timmys in Afghanistan, etc). I'll have a Tims if I can't get anything better, otherwise I can take it or leave it.

The best stuff for me is at Caffe Sorrentino and Axis, while I think Second Cup is the best chain brew.

I also have to give an honorable mention to McDs - last couple of times I've gone for an Egg McMuffin fix, I found the coffee surprisingly good; a far cry from the heated ditch-water that used to pass for coffee there.
    Ron James... A great Canadian comedian.

...but I can't understand what in the world he's saying here. Tim Horton's has "strong" coffee? What a lark. Tim Horton's serves up the weakest milkiest coffee known to mankind. Just sayin... I'd still drink it, but it I had the choice of water or Tim Horton's, I'm going with water.

Banned

McD's is actually looking to break into the speciality coffee industry. They are launching it in a few stores in the US with plans for expansion over the next few years.

With McD's it usually depends on who's making it. Some places in the city have just wonderful coffee.. Where as the kids at some locations just burn it and still make us pay for it.

[QUOTE=Casa;95671]
    I quite like A&W's coffee as well. If you can get past the "stigma" of puchasing your coffee from a fast food joint, you can get a superior coffee at a very reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by finishstrong View Post
    With McD's it usually depends on who's making it. Some places in the city have just wonderful coffee.. Where as the kids at some locations just burn it and still make us pay for it.
    That's the same with many coffee places. Order an espresso-based drink from any of the places in the poll, and the quality can vary. There's always the odd barista who occasionally makes it weak or even forgets an important ingredient like the coffee itself.

Partially Addicted to C2E

Quote Originally Posted by nunuangel99 View Post
    Caffe Sorrentino is awesome!! Espresso and Lattes the way they should be (not BURNT!!) are you listening Second Cup & Starbucks???
    I agree. I ALWAYS go to the one in ECC when I am there. The only times i go elsewhere is when someone buys me a coffee and they choose. But when I choose or go on my own, I go to Caffe Sorrentino.
    Thus the task is not so much to see what no-one yet has seen, but to think what nobody yet has thought that which everyone sees. - Schopenhauer

I'm a Java Jive person. I worked at the U of A for nearly 30 years before taking semi-retirement, and for almost 20 years I drank Java Jive coffee. Now, I buy it from the Factory Store (it's roasted there) on 77th Avenue just west of 99th St., and grind and brew it at home.

When I'm downtown, I too love the coffee at Bistro Praha. Very dark and totally flavourful.
    Almost always open to debate...

how the heck is tim hortons leading a best coffee poll?

Quote Originally Posted by LindseyT View Post
    how the heck is tim hortons leading a best coffee poll?
    Because that's what so many people drink, I don't get it but that's the way it is
    Edmontonian and proud of it!

Was there a Java Jive in Manulife 2 back in the early 90s?

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    I prefer tea over coffee.
    Sorry, couldn't help myself when I read this.

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonfan View Post
    Because that's what so many people drink, I don't get it but that's the way it is
    I like Tim Horton's. It's not burnt / sweet tasting like Starbucks - I don't care that it doesn't have snob value, I like the coffee. It all depends on taste, and we all have different types of tastes. They have just hit the balance a bit better I am guessing, rather than the assumption that the masses are unsophisticated.

Other = Remedy. Coffee tastes better with beer.

Quote Originally Posted by m0nkyman View Post
    Other = Remedy. Coffee tastes better with beer.
    that gives me an idea....I change my vote. Alley Kat Coffee Porter.

Was there a Java Jive in Manulife 2 back in the early 90s?
    Not in ManuLife II but there was one in the Centennial Building, which is now the seniors' suites building (operated, I believe, by ManuLife), across (west) from City Hall. It closed about 10 years ago.
    Almost always open to debate...

Thanks, David. I am trying to remember the name of the coffee outlet in Manulife 2 way back when it had retail and a food court. That place served some great coffee.

I like Tim's and A&W, and also The Coffee Cup in Saint Albert.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Quote Originally Posted by Edmontonfan View Post
    I always enjoy second cup, two reasons the flavour of my drink of choice is consistanly good and their line-ups are nothing ridiculous like TH. So it's in and out, just the way it should be.
    Same here for the same reasons. As far as coffee place chains go, Second Cup is my favourite.

I also don't mind Starbucks, either, though it's bit overpriced. Axis Cafe is good, too.

Cafe Tesoro is very good - the mocha tastes like it should, mildly sweet with a hint of chocolate. But that place is almost never open every time I go there, especially after coming out of the Hudson's on 104 Ave.

Tim Horton's is what gets my goat. I've never really cared for the gross swill they call coffee at TH's. If I have no choice but to go there, I usually order tea or green tea from there. And no, I'm not kidding!

My wife and I like to meet for coffee at lunch. Up until now we always met at SB. However now we have discovered Sorrentinos it will likely be our meeting place for the foreseeable future. Good location,good parking, great food and best of all great coffee.

I was at Leva a few days ago on Wednesday and decided to have an iced latte. Not a bad little place, and I like the iced latte. For those not in the know, Leva is located on the SE corner of 86 Ave and 111 St.

Someone mentioned Kona coffee. Anyone know where a guy can buy this in Edmonton?

My favourite coffee is...my own. I buy my own beans, grind them & use real cream. I also have a good coffee maker.

That said, the whole cafe experience is why I like going. You can't replicate that at home. It's the reason I don't like Starbucks. Starbucks is pleasant inside, but strikes me as being "contrived cool"..not being legitimate & genuine. Second Cup isn't so bad, but it too has that corporate contrived cool feel to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Elvis View Post
    My favourite coffee is...my own. I buy my own beans, grind them & use real cream. I also have a good coffee maker.
    No offense but I really HATE answers like that. Unless you plan to make your own homebrew for the rest of the city, it's a completely self-centered and useless answer to the rest of us.

Three Bananas.
    Let's make Edmonton better.

I don't like my coffee too strong so my preference would be Tim Hortons. I must try Cafe Sorrentino though; do they sell take-out coffee in the morning at the ECC location? The only reason I ask is that I can't recall seeing paper cups from that location.
    We are all the same, just different...

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I must try Cafe Sorrentino though; do they sell take-out coffee in the morning at the ECC location? The only reason I ask is that I can't recall seeing paper cups from that location.
    Yes. I get takeout coffee from there as often as I can.

Wild Earth on 99th Street for me please.

McDonald's aims to burn coffee market competitors

Fast-food giant targets Starbucks, Timmys crowd with free cups of joe

By Bill Mah, The Edmonton Journal
    April 21, 2009

In the war to win coffee consumers, McDonald's Canada started a new tactic Monday -- giving away cups of the beverage.

Under the two-week promotion, the fast-food giant is offering customers a small coffee with no charge and no purchase necessary whenever breakfast is served.

It's a sign of how fierce the competition is becoming for the lucrative breakfast market that McDonald's is pitting its coffee against those from coffee retailers such as Tim Hortons, Starbucks and Second Cup.

http://www.edmontonjournal.com/Life/...758/story.html
    Poor Starbucks takes another public relations hit. Why pay for overpriced coffee when MacD's is just as good?

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

I don't think the coffee at Starbucks or Tim Hortons is all that great to be honest... both fairly mediocre to me, and the coffee at McDonalds is about the same calibre.

Transcend Coffee opening in downtown?

http://www.vueweekly.com/article.php?id=11606

....It comes down to aroma more than taste since we "taste" through our sense of smell. The roasting process releases an immense array of complex aromas; Mark figures it's well over 1000. But those aromas are highly volatile and quickly dissipate—thanks to air, coffee's number one enemy, so Mark has trained his customers to buy their beans every few days.

"We do coffee so radically differently we've had to create a market. When I first opened, my 75 friends would show up once or twice a week and take pity on me." And the big empty bay remained largely empty—there was even enough room to store a friend's boat in the back. The boat is long gone, and Mark says they're now completely out of space. So much so they're hunting for space to open another location. Downtown-ish.

Great news. Maybe we can help them out with location ideas:
    - Icon 2
    - Rice Howard Way
    - Professional
    - Churchill Square area (if any available)

That said, the whole cafe experience is why I like going. You can't replicate that at home. It's the reason I don't like Starbucks. Starbucks is pleasant inside, but strikes me as being "contrived cool"..not being legitimate & genuine. Second Cup isn't so bad, but it too has that corporate contrived cool feel to it.
    No offense but I really HATE answers like that. Unless you plan to make your own homebrew for the rest of the city, it's a completely self-centered and useless answer to the rest of us.
    I know this is a bumped thread and you might not see this or feel the same way still but why is it useless?

If anything the only sure way to get a fine cup is to make it yourself. Its the best advice out there imo.

The average person with proper care can make better coffee than you are going to get most places. If you care enough to make it properly.

My number one pet peeve with grabbing coffee anywhere else but home?

Old coffee, or Improperly washed and cleaned coffee maker. The carafe, basket, lid, filter, implements, all need to be scrubbed in soapy water and rinsed and dried properly. The coffee grinder should also be clean. The #1 problem with any nature of Timmy's(and almost every other) coffee is the bitter taste that comes from "old coffee" residue. Its a coffee killer. I don't care what coffee bean is being used.

Starbucks uses the big canisters that maybe get cleaned once a week(who really knows?) and I can taste that sludge a mile away..
    Asking me which flavor I want is like handpicking your egg mcmuffin..its not fresh tasting. Its awful.

The only decent coffee in such places seems to be the specialty coffees that are made fresh cup by cup such as the lattes, expressos etc.

My own tricks:

A nice bean kona roast to start with(although any decent bean will do, grind fresh, don't be stingy you want a full flavored brew.

Brew as soon as you've ground beans, pour as soon as you've brewed,(fresh is imperative and like good home baked bread this is when its best) have some frothed milk(slight flavor if you want)and I use canned condensed milk in favor of cream. I find this approximates the cream tast of a very heavy cream without all the fat.

Put frothed milk on top ala latte and some dark chocolate shavings(fresh again) or cinnamon on top. Just a sprinkle.

A decent latte everytime and dirt cheap.

If people applied half the cleanly, fastidious, attention brewing coffee, to that which is required brewing beer or in winemaking they would make a perfect brew everytime. Its easy, but the attention to detail is imperative.
    Last edited by Replacement; 22-04-2009 at 08:55 PM.

If I was to do this poll again, I would have added Transcend.

And a quick rant at the chicks at the Jasper Ave/112 St Second Cup - can you not handle the dishes a little quieter? The excessively loud clanging of the dishwasher being emptied does not really add to the cafe experience.

I have not had a cup of Starbucks coffee that I have liked.
    Tim's is good but sometimes it can have to much syrup in it.
    I like a good espresso now and again but places that sell good espresso
    are pretty hard to find.
    Gone............................and very quickly forgotten may I add.

Should add catfish coffee as a roaster
    http://www.catfishcoffee.com/
    IN Frickin Credible ~~

I've never been a fan of Starbucks, always found their coffee bitter tasting. Fair do's though, I tried their 'Misto' and it suited me a lot better. My favourite coffee is what the wife makes at home - Save on Foods' Mocha Java.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

I do make good coffee as my friends love it very much and usually asked me to make 2nd cup of coffee for them
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

I have to say it again and again - who cares if you make the best coffee or steak or burger at home???? Unless you plan on selling your coffee or steak or burger to the public, such answers are self-centered and mean absolute f!ck-all to the rest of us.

And who peed in your java this morning?
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Top_Dawg enjoys McDonald's coffee , however he won't stand in line for it.

And here's one out of left field: Cookies by George !

Their house brew at both City Centre East and WEM locations is nothing special - just consistently damn good.

In Guantanamo (Banned)

DaCapo. Antonio iz teh roxxorz!

(and Leva roxxored while he still ran it.)

Quote Originally Posted by richardW View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by connie View Post

Richard it worked fine in my version of IE, you might need to upgrade if you're running IE 6, Microsoft will be stopping support of it on July 13th.

remember people have their own opinion about which coffee shop is and if they like it then no problem for them and I don't think anywhere like restaurant, coffee, bars is better than others because all of those are trying to do their best to attract customers.

owners also try to make a living by doing it. I don't judge any of those who is best or worse or whatever. all of those are good enough for people to like it or not.

have a good day and have fun with your coffee !
    Edmonton Rocks Rocks Rocks

Transcend gets a celebrity endorsement

https://twitter.com/JessicaBiel/stat...20394681876480

Getting hopped up for the show tonight at my favorite Edmonton coffee shop! #transcend http://www.whosay.com/l/yEF7Bf0

Too bad the coffee is terrible.
    Parkdale

It is ok joe, good atmosphere unless you get too many mac people.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

I quite enjoy their coffee. Much better than anything from Starbucks or the coffee aisle at the store.

P/S http://www.canadianbaristaacademy.com/photos.html

Josh Hockin, Transcend Coffee, Edmonton, AB, 2011 Canadian Barista Champion.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

I like Transcend too, but haven't had the chance to go since they closed their downtown location.

Transcend, not really our cup of tea. Credo is very good we've never had a bad cup there; however, for Christmas my better-half got us a Phil & Sebastian subscription, they roast closer to our preferences and the best Cold Brew we've had.

I've been French Pressing at home for over a year now and I'm having difficulty finding a bean I like that's reasonably priced (I'm not that rich!). I tend to lean towards medium roast, and so far the best bean I've used has been the Lavazza Qualita Rossa - a nice Robusta/Arabica blend. If anyone has a bean they'd like to recommend, please do.

Whole bean - I have a nice burr grinder.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Wilson View Post
    Transcend, not really our cup of tea. Credo is very good we've never had a bad cup there; however, for Christmas my better-half got us a Phil & Sebastian subscription, they roast closer to our preferences and the best Cold Brew we've had.
    If I was do the above poll all over again, I would have replaced Tesoro with Credo.

Quote Originally Posted by Chmilz View Post
    I've been French Pressing at home for over a year now and I'm having difficulty finding a bean I like that's reasonably priced (I'm not that rich!). I tend to lean towards medium roast, and so far the best bean I've used has been the Lavazza Qualita Rossa - a nice Robusta/Arabica blend. If anyone has a bean they'd like to recommend, please do.

We used to really enjoy the Java Jive, but since they have closed down we have struggled to find a good locally roasted coffee.

At the moment we're getting coffee sent to us directly from Oso Negro in Nelson BC. I know the owners, and am trying to get them to ship to more retailers in Edmonton... At the moment it's only available at a specialty shop in Spruce Grove.

If they can find a local distributor I will post the location. It is truly exceptional coffee
    Parkdale

C2E Super Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Edmonton PRT View Post

P/S http://www.canadianbaristaacademy.com/photos.html

Josh Hockin, Transcend Coffee, Edmonton, AB, 2011 Canadian Barista Champion.

What the hell is that? Can't make out whether it's a trailer hitch or some kind of ornate butt plug.
    "The only really positive thing one could say about Vancouver is, it’s not the rest of Canada." Oink (britishexpats.com)

An espresso press
    www.decl.org

^^ obviously a coffee neophyte.
    Advocating a better Edmonton through effective, efficient and economical transit.

Why aren't you all questioning why he has "intimate" knowledge about but plugs.
    "Do you give people who already use transit a better service, or do you build it where they don't use it in the hopes they might start to use it?" Nenshi

My daughter has a home espresso press and swears by it.

Do you keep your beans in the freezer?. I do then when I need coffee I grind them and put the unused grounds in a sealed jar back in the freezer. Don't have a particular favorite been but I usually by medium roast.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
    Tim Horton's is what gets my goat. I've never really cared for the gross swill they call coffee at TH's. If I have no choice but to go there, I usually order tea or green tea from there. And no, I'm not kidding!
    Tims were clever though, they marketed double doubles, which isn't a coffee drink, its a cream and sugar drink for fattys.
    Last edited by moahunter; 14-01-2014 at 07:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini View Post

Do you keep your beans in the freezer?. I do then when I need coffee I grind them and put the unused grounds in a sealed jar back in the freezer. Don't have a particular favorite been but I usually by medium roast.
    I don't freeze coffee beans. I have a air seal-able container from Java Jive that allows the lid to be pushed down to the level of the coffee beans and then grind just as much as I need to brew.

At home, and some of you may retch at the fact, but what I enjoy best is a self-inflicted blend of Cuzco, a South American coffee from Second Cup and Mocha Java from Save-on Foods. Hey, works for me. Now and again as a sort of treat, I temper that with the occasional Ristretto from my Nespresso.

When I'm out and about, Second Cup's latte is my go-to.
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

Earths General Store do their own roasting and it's very tasty stuff, and reasonable $13.50/pound (roasted) and $9.50/pound (green). You also can roast your own using a small countertop commercial roaster or even a forced-air popcorn maker.

First One is Always Free

I love the free coffee's at McD

I go to Second Cup on occasion, but Tim Horton's has been a regular stop for me. There's quite a large group of friends that hit the local Tim's quite regularly, so it's almost become a ritual. I'm faithful to Tim Horton's because the vice-president of the company, a very pretty young lady, has been a life-long friend. She was born in Edmonton but now lives in Toronto, and we keep in touch. I have never used a drive-through at Tim's.
    Fly Edmonton first. Support EIA

Quote Originally Posted by expat View Post
    What the hell is that? Can't make out whether it's a trailer hitch or some kind of ornate butt plug.

Quote Originally Posted by edmonton daily photo View Post
    Why aren't you all questioning why he has "intimate" knowledge about but plugs.

Classic C2E.

Iconoclast Koffie Huis is opening just north of Oliver Square, at 11807B-105 Avenue

http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/201...n-in-february/

I should also mention how good the coffee is at The Cavern, definitely one of the best cups around.

My pet peeve is coffee that's not hot enough (I guess we all know why). Does anyone find this becoming more prevalent? In places that use a thermometer when steaming the milk, I usually ask them to go another five degrees or so.

Sure, first-world problem .
    Nisi Dominus Frustra

^my peeve is coffee that is too hot... which is almost all of them.
    www.decl.org

My peeve is there are no good coffee shops north of Yellowhead. Serious goldmine up here if someone opened a good one.
    "Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction" - Blaise Pascal

Quote Originally Posted by IanO View Post
    That's why I get ice for your Americano before I put your bib on.
    www.decl.org

French press for coffee at home, lattes at Credo.
    www.decl.org

Credo all the way. Can't wait until they are on 124.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    that made my day
    www.decl.org

Ugh !

Credo is a total bungholio festival.

Thanks for that comment. Super insightful.
    www.decl.org

Quote Originally Posted by GreenSPACE View Post
    that made my day
    My worse half likes it cold like you do, I like it piping hot, hotter the better.

I like my Aeropress more than the French press at home. At work, cheap Folger's In Your Cup if I can't make it to McD's but we're getting a Van Houtte machine.

I bought a Kuerig for home. After sampling some K-cup varieties, best one is Emeril's Big Easy Bold.

HATE the individual serving cup crap.

Van Houtte is note particularly good IMO.
    www.decl.org

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast