Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Anthony Henday Drive | South West Leg | Completed

At the risk of invoking yourself? Classic SDM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Death Monkey View Post
    At the risk of invoking the ire of a forum douche canoe or two, I'm fairly certain that news of a new hospital will be posted here
    http://www.connect2edmonton.ca/showt...Proposed/page2
    Thanks douche canoe.

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

https://globalnews.ca/news/3771028/n...etting-closer/

The next decade will see a ton of road infrastructure work in the southwest.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    Do we know where the new hospital is going?
    There is a big sign up Site of new Hospital on 127 and about 22 ave SW about two miles off the Henday
    Last edited by Drumbones; 30-09-2017 at 01:16 AM.

C2E Continued Contributor

Alberta’s transportation minister says design work is underway to widen the southwest Anthony Henday Drive, but no date has yet been set for construction.
    http://edmontonjournal.com/news/poli...cture-spending

Thank you for pretty much telling us nothing significant will be done. How much design is needed, most of the base grade is complete, the piers on the bridge can handle 4 lanes each direction, the most difficult design issue is widening the Wedgewood Ravine bridge.

They could double lanes on the on-off ramps from the Anthony Henday to,Yellowhead Trail and Stony Plain Road right now if they wanted to.
    Edmonton first, everything else second.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Thank you for pretty much telling us nothing significant will be done. How much design is needed, most of the base grade is complete, the piers on the bridge can handle 4 lanes each direction, the most difficult design issue is widening the Wedgewood Ravine bridge.
    I've heard that since the wedgewood ravine bridge was value-engineered at the beginning it's going to be a huge issue to widen it now. Also a question of an access road being built into the ravine. That and the piers on the other bridge are wide enough but there is a question of whether they will be able to support both the crane needed for lifts and the added weight of said lifts. So design work will probably focus on lay-down areas and figuring out how exactly to do the job vs figuring out base grade, etc.

I'd imagine for the river bridge you can either build a berm for the crane, of course during lifts the bridge would need to be closed. Or they can use hydraulic jacks to push the extra beams across (10 Mile/Park Bridge near Golden was built that way).

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345