Thread: C2E Feature Request thread

Default C2E Feature Request thread

Have something you want to see for this community that isn't already here? Post it in this thread! Requests so far:
    Time to grow up.

C2E Junkie *
    Blog Entries

ability to put multiple e-mail addresses in spread the word. If this is already there (seperate by comma, etc) then we should include this in the instructions.
    Since calm logic doesn't work, I guess it is time to employ sarcasm. ...and before you call me an a-hole...remember, I am a Dick.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Those first two are the ones I'd love to see.
    LA today, Athens tomorrow. I miss E-town.

I'd like ot see an "Ask Edmonton" section ( Name not important, ) where we could ask questions either to be answered by the "powers that Be" or other members of the board that just happen to be in the know.

For example in discussions it has been mentioned using the top deck of the high level for numerous things including high speed rail or 3 lanes of traffic. Does anyone know if the bridge was stressed to handle that when renovated some years ago and what effect it would have on lifespan? I've noticed driving up Scona Hill a large crane to the south east, possibly in the Bonnie Doon area... does anyone know what's goiong up there?

Questions like these, and many others occur when talking about or looking about the city. Sometimes htey come up naturally in a thread and can be answered there, but there should be a place for people to ask question, and others who may be able to answer them can look without reading every post on every thread.

Just a thought.

(I just started this as a new thread and then deleted it to post in here instead. I think I got it before anyone else read it. I'm posting it here as I think this thread is supposed to help address the very problem I'm trying to address, in a way. I note however, that it's been just over a year since anyone's been in here. I hope someone's still reading...)

This may be a C2E growing pain that I'm just going to have to get accustomed to, but there are now so many new threads going up that I frequently have to view my own profile to try to keep track of where I've been. I know RichardS mentioned somewhere that we now have perhaps 4 threads going debating the new arena, for example, and I think he just meant simultaneously, as I suspect there are even more if we went back a few months. I think we could be watering the content down. Wherever one may stand on the new arena, it will definitely benefit everyone if we can focus the discussion.

Not to squelch freedom of speech or anything, but could we, for example, have a "Newswatch Stream" and a "Member's Input" stream for threads, to keep them seperate? That way we could keep interactive discussion in the Member's Input stream and reactive comments in the Newswatch stream. (Unless the original writers from the media can grace us with a little more attention.)

I love being able to see all the news pertaining to Edmonton on one site here, but I think it's kindof a different function than the forum is.

C2E Continued Contributor

Default Re: C2E Feature Request thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres
    Have something you want to see for this community that isn't already here? Post it in this thread! Requests so far:

Because it's been a couple of weeks since I was last able to log onto C2E I had a large number of "new posts since last visit." While I was in the middle of a lengthy page I was called away from my keyboard and my login timed out. When I logged on again, all I found was the new messages since my previous logon.

Is there a way to specify a date and time as a starting point to use in place of the "last visit?"

Right now the only option I am aware of is to enter each separate forum and manually select the topics dated later than the appropriate start time.

If this feature is not available now, please add it to the current "wish list."

Any word on implimentation of "View First Unread" ?
    My understanding that this would invert the sequence of all the replies within the thread topic with the exception of the initial topic listing.
    I realize that this may discourage thorough review of all of the responses however this would present a time saving for the forum participants
    By the way, Thank you for this forum! I feel it is a great venue for the sharing of ideas in our community!

I guarantee you that this entire forum's suggestions has been read and put into a priority list.

To answer your specific question, view first unread will be put in with the switch to new forum software. It is being worked on right now.
    Time to grow up.

I'd love to have a "User Chat" feature where we could chat, in real time, with other MEMBERS (not guests) on the site. I'd love to get to know some people a little better, and an online chat would allow for that.

Gord

there is or was a facebook page for connect2edmonton...? what type of chat do you mean?

C2E Long Term Contributor

I think he means an "instant messaging" thing.
    “You have to dream big. If we want to be a little city, we dream small. If we want to be a big city, we dream big, and this is a big idea.” - Mayor Stephen Mandel, 02/22/2012

well there is private messaging on the forum, that's pretty instant...

I meant more like a chat room, where people could join and chat with each other in a group setting.

Gord

Addicted to C2E

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
    I guarantee you that this entire forum's suggestions has been read and put into a priority list.

To answer your specific question, view first unread will be put in with the switch to new forum software. It is being worked on right now.

And a committee is being convened to discuss the items to place in the priority list. Once the list is compiled, the committee will re-convene to discuss the order of the items in the list. A thorough review will discuss the merits of each and every suggestion, and will then delegate to a committee that will be responsible for discussing the feasibility of implementation.

Short answer: forget it.
    Last edited by bobinedmonton; 08-12-2008 at 07:04 AM.
    BobinEdmonton

A prominent link to "New Posts" on the main page. ...or merge them into the main page making the new posts, pages 2 and 3 of the main page.
    Last edited by KC; 16-03-2012 at 07:54 AM.