Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Currents of Windermere | Retail | Under Construction

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisnotmyuseridlol View Post
    Concept drawing of building 4, 7, 10, 11, 13, 19A and 20. The one looks like it could be ~6 stories tall.

Concept for the Town Square, nice.

http://harvard.ca/+pub/image/Currents_Whistler_WEB.pdf
    There's still this render of a 6 story building next to Home Envy. Looks like it could be residential.

Plug C2E into my veins!!!

Or hotel.

I'd rather C2E than work!

Anyone know exactly where The Keg is going?

It shows it in http://harvard.ca/+pub/image/Currents_Whistler_WEB.pdf between McDonalds and Wine & Beyond

It's already under construction too.

Thanks

Noticed on the Paramount Middle Eastern Cuisine website that they will be opening up a currents location. Didn't see anything on the currents website though.

http://www.paramountfinefoodsalberta.com/locations/

Quote Originally Posted by ispec View Post
    Noticed on the Paramount Middle Eastern Cuisine website that they will be opening up a currents location. Didn't see anything on the currents website though.

http://www.paramountfinefoodsalberta.com/locations/
    Went to the one on the North side yesterday, one of the employees mentioned that Windermere should be opened around June '17
    Last edited by Thisisnotmyuseridlol; 21-11-2016 at 09:26 AM.

Confetti Sweets

Attention south Edmonton cookie lovers. We need your help! We are considering moving the Terwillegar location (23rd ave and Rabbit Hill Road) to Windermere by the theatre. Which location is better for you? Terwillegar or Windermere. I'm really curious to hear your thoughts!

https://www.facebook.com/confettiswe...type=3&theater

Urban Village

Building 12A & 12B (Phase I) attached to the south side of Cineplex (4 restaurants and 6 retail).

Building 10 & 11 (total of 4 Restaurants).

^Notice the hotel / condo rendering.

Anyone hear of any new proposed tenants for the currents or the hotel site next door to canadian tire?

hotel site is dead. last I heard was AMA office sometime in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    So does that mean they're moving from the one on Gateway? Or is this going to be a smaller office?

Quote Originally Posted by ispec View Post
    Anyone hear of any new proposed tenants for the currents or the hotel site next door to canadian tire?

Last plans I saw for that sliver of a site was a gas bar, a indoor sky dive place and one other building.

Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post
    So does that mean they're moving from the one on Gateway? Or is this going to be a smaller office?
    I dont even think the AMA plan is current and I don't have any more info.

"....A planned expansion to a new space in Windermere (attached to the back of the Windermere movie theatre) has been delayed until late this year,"

http://edmontonjournal.com/storyline...ar-shop-closes

New map is out: http://harvard.ca/+pub/image/ICSCTor...20Brochure.pdf

New - to the south of the theater:

Looks like:

Two new restaurants in the "Town Square":

Looks like:

EDIT: Took a guess at East Side Mario's ... its actually Nottingham Cigarette and Cigar - thx barhonda
    Last edited by Thisisnotmyuseridlol; 19-10-2017 at 03:52 PM.

East Side Mario's would be nice to return to the area, not sure why all the Edmonton area ones closed (except St. Albert).

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    East Side Mario's would be nice to return to the area, not sure why all the Edmonton area ones closed (except St. Albert).
    Because the food quality sucked and the concept sucked worse.

Concept and food isn't much different than Olive Garden, I realize it isn't "real" Italian food. Judging by all of them closing at the same time it might have to do with the franchise holder having severe financial problems.

Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Concept and food isn't much different than Olive Garden, I realize it isn't "real" Italian food. Judging by all of them closing at the same time it might have to do with the franchise holder having severe financial problems.
    When you serve boxed macaroni crap, staff who would rather NOT be there, atmosphere that is cheesy - you get no customers = financial problems. I hope the chain is dead dead dead.

C2E SME

heh, Olive Garden is horrible as well. Hence why it's so often used as an easy joke in movies, TV shows, stand-up acts and song lyrics.

Just a guess at East Side Mario's, the logo is very pixelated .... could be something different

Healthier than East Side Marios!
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

C2E Hard Core Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    Because the food quality sucked and the concept sucked worse.

No kidding.

Years ago Top_Dawg and his ol' lady went to the one in the west end.

So horrible it was laughable.

Top_Dawg giggled when they recently ran those commercials pushing the ' order one entree and take one home free '.

*** who would want one ?

Becoming a C2E Power Poster

Drove past one of those digital billboard signs in the West end earlier this week and saw an ad for New Asian Village that says "COMING SOON TO WINDERMERE". Not sure if where and when, but has anyone else seen this?

C2E Continued Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Terry_H View Post
    Drove past one of those digital billboard signs in the West end earlier this week and saw an ad for New Asian Village that says "COMING SOON TO WINDERMERE". Not sure if where and when, but has anyone else seen this?
    Awesome. We're lacking a good Indian restaurant down here.

C2E Continued Contributor

First One is Always Free

I noticed that one of the new stores coming is called "Drinks & Beyond"...I'm surprised Wine & Beyond hasn't said anything about that

Quote Originally Posted by VGereluk View Post
    I noticed that one of the new stores coming is called "Drinks & Beyond"...I'm surprised Wine & Beyond hasn't said anything about that
    Probably because they're the same company ...

First One is Always Free

Quote Originally Posted by bornandraised View Post
    seems redundant to have two stores with basically the same name and concept in the same area is basically my point.

seems redundant to have two stores with basically the same name and concept in the same area is basically my point.
    Like Liqour Barn and Liqour Depot? Usually power centres only have one liquor store due to zoning, I'm sure this was recently revised and it's good to see variety. Be really interesting to see the activity and traffic flow (all modes) in this area this coming summer.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

Quote Originally Posted by GenWhy? View Post
    Like Liqour Barn and Liqour Depot? Usually power centres only have one liquor store due to zoning, I'm sure this was recently revised and it's good to see variety. Be really interesting to see the activity and traffic flow (all modes) in this area this coming summer.
    There's also a Liquor Depot in the Walmart parking lot nearby. The third store in the Currents would indeed seem to indicate zoning has changed. I remember hearing that Superstore couldn't open a liquor store next to their Windemere Crossing store before because of a pre-existing liquor depot. Maybe they can open one now?

The Drinks and Beyond website advertises buck a beer for River Valley beer. Do any of our resident beer aficionados (Top_Dawg?) know how good or bad it is?

Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    There's also a Liquor Depot in the Walmart parking lot nearby. The third store in the Currents would indeed seem to indicate zoning has changed. I remember hearing that Superstore couldn't open a liquor store next to their Windemere Crossing store before because of a pre-existing liquor depot. Maybe they can open one now?

The Drinks and Beyond website advertises buck a beer for River Valley beer. Do any of our resident beer aficionados (Top_Dawg?) know how good or bad it is?
    The Liquor Depot beside Walmart is turning into a Drinks & Beyond. There is no new store opening. There is still a Liquor Depot next to Superstore as well. A Solo Liquor has opened on Ellerslie Rd south of Ambleside too. We are a very well served area.

Also, River Valley has a handful of beers. Light, Ale, and Red I think. Tastes fine for cheap beer. Brewed by Big Rock I believe.

liquor stores and pet food stores... gotta be room for a few more no?

Be really interesting to see the activity and traffic flow (all modes) in this area this coming summer.

What do you mean?

Drinks and Beyond is having its grand opening today. They're advertising on CHED today. Said something about a $10 gift card and glass of sparkling wine if you get there before 6:00 PM. Maybe some of you southwesters can give us a report

Be really interesting to see the activity and traffic flow (all modes) in this area this coming summer.

What do you mean?
    In reference to warmer weather (peak of people on foot and bike), more stores being open, and more residents in the area.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

I thought the "Town Square" was suppose to have a water feature, a fountain or something... looks like they cheaped out. Also quiznos has a non pay of rent notice and is shut down and its going to be interesting to see what restaurant takes the old chilis spot, great location.

Quote Originally Posted by Channing76 View Post
    I thought the "Town Square" was suppose to have a water feature, a fountain or something... looks like they cheaped out. Also quiznos has a non pay of rent notice and is shut down and its going to be interesting to see what restaurant takes the old chilis spot, great location.
    I've heard Blaze Pizza at the old Chili's. Is the town square finished? I know there are lights up, but not sure if it's still being worked on.

The town square area hasn't even started yet. They put up some lights for the holidays.... but the area hasn't really started construction yet.

Confirm - Blaze Pizza is going to the former Chili's location

http://www.blazepizza.com/locations/...currents-drive

^No. I can 100% confirm Blaze is not going into the former Chili's. Blaze is going into another development in Currents. A project across from the theater entrance I believe. In that 'town square' thing.
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

oh - the map on their website lead me to believe that. I stand corrected.

Well that map on Blaze's site doesn't help much. No biggie.
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

Quote Originally Posted by bpeters View Post
    ^No. I can 100% confirm Blaze is not going into the former Chili's. Blaze is going into another development in Currents. A project across from the theater entrance I believe. In that 'town square' thing.
    Oh sweet. I hope they have a small patio.

Coming soon: Cyclebar, fitness centre. New to Edmonton; the only other Canadian location is in Toronto. Not sure where it’s going yet.

Believe its going in the town square too

Quote Originally Posted by BurritoBurger01 View Post
    Coming soon: Cyclebar, fitness centre. New to Edmonton; the only other Canadian location is in Toronto. Not sure where it’s going yet.

Looks like its going next to Home Envy
    http://harvard.ca/+pub/document/2018...s_Brochure.pdf

^ Funny that they still have Chili's listed on the plans. Any ideas on what's going in there? And I'm guessing the plan for Milestones to go into the future Building 7 are gone now?

Close to Currents (Rabbit Hill Center)

https://freson.com/

To construct a General Retail Store (Freson Bros.)
    Plan 1325272 Blk 20 Lot 14

Quote Originally Posted by Terry_H View Post
    ^ Funny that they still have Chili's listed on the plans. Any ideas on what's going in there? And I'm guessing the plan for Milestones to go into the future Building 7 are gone now?
    Cameron just updated their sitemaps and Milestones has been readded to the Currents map.

Can vouch for these guys. Their flagship store out in Stony Plain is amazing with thoughtful and creative merchandising and excellent products.
    Edmonton is a very exciting place to be right now.

Quote Originally Posted by finishstrong View Post

Can vouch for these guys. Their flagship store out in Stony Plain is amazing with thoughtful and creative merchandising and excellent products.
    The Stony Plain location is also open 24 hours which I would assume would be the same for this new one.

Quiznos has closed, or been evicted - sign up saying rent not paid apparently.

I'm not surprised, and quite honestly wonder how the rest of the stores stay open. They are never busy, the food is more expensive than subway, but subway is better to me. Last time I tried quiznos I'm pretty sure I had food poisoning. This location was never busy, except a few construction workers at lunch, and after work it was always dead. I'm surprised it lasted so long. I wonder how long the marble slab or Opa next to it will last, neither seem to do very much business.

Hasn't it been closed for a few months now? I seem to recall someone mentioning it, but it might not have been on this board.

I only noticed recently... I dont normally go into that section very often so it could very well have been closed for months

C2E Posting Power

Quiznos has closed, or been evicted - sign up saying rent not paid apparently.

I'm not surprised, and quite honestly wonder how the rest of the stores stay open. They are never busy, the food is more expensive than subway, but subway is better to me. Last time I tried quiznos I'm pretty sure I had food poisoning. This location was never busy, except a few construction workers at lunch, and after work it was always dead. I'm surprised it lasted so long. I wonder how long the marble slab or Opa next to it will last, neither seem to do very much business.
    Yeah, used to be a big fan of Quizno's back in the day...but too much variance between the franchises - I hear they want to buy back a bunch of stores and make them corporate. Marble slab is a puzzling anomele - can't see them doing much business in the winters - franchise guy has deep pockets - just a side business for him that must be bleeding him dry. Opa - they're multiplying like cockroaches - never been in one...

C2E Posting Power

But what we really need is Jersey's Mikes, Jimmy John's and Pot Belly to come up here and serve a product that's NOT gross Subway and disappointing Quizno's.

Have you tried chachis yet?

Job No 278332721-001
    Description: To Change the Use from an Indoor Participant Recreation Service to a Specialty Food Service (Public Space of 75m2 of Public Space)
    Plan 0822223 Blk 14 Lot 2
    Applicant: KB & CO.
    Create Date: 3/29/2018 3:19:35 PM

C2E Long Term Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by sonicboom View Post
    Job No 278332721-001
    Description: To Change the Use from an Indoor Participant Recreation Service to a Specialty Food Service (Public Space of 75m2 of Public Space)
    Plan 0822223 Blk 14 Lot 2
    Applicant: KB & CO.
    Create Date: 3/29/2018 3:19:35 PM
    Good fit for that area/demographic.
    www.decl.org

Ottawa-Edmonton-Vancouver-Edmonton

Windermere Seven Acres

New development to the east of Currents. Includes
    34,000 sf building
    Petro-Canada

https://www.camdevcorp.com/projects/...e-seven-acres/
    https://www.camdevcorp.com/wp-conten...2-Site-Map.pdf

Administrator *

I was just by there and noticed the public plaza is pretty much complete. Looks kind of underwhelming though...

I believe once the buildings immediately surrounding it are built they're going to start up a small farmer's market and begin programming the space. At least that's what I've heard. Right now it's just a pedestrian conduit from Ambleside to the theatre.

no ****. its kinda like looking at the Ice district plaza in its current state and thinking that will be the end results, when its just a pathway to get to arena currently.... both are underwhelming because both are far from complete....

What was expected

what we actualy got

Gj at fracking it up............

Take a good look at that though. Sidewalks are configured the same, connection to the theatre is similar, buildings with patios haven't been built yet. No fountains and paver common area in the middle, which is disappointing but if built as is I'm sure we'd hear "too much concrete, where's the greenspace?". The parking surrounding the park is similar.

That rendering was the vision when there was a residential component, which hasn't been part of the plan in basically a decade. Of course it would look different.

no ****. its kinda like looking at the Ice district plaza in its current state and thinking that will be the end results, when its just a pathway to get to arena currently.... both are underwhelming because both are far from complete....
    yeah...just like the ice district.............
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits" - Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Magnus View Post
    What was expected

what we actualy got

Gj at fracking it up............
    good job of not waiting for a finished product before making a judgement, and ignoring the thread....

the site plan still has all those features... https://www.camdevcorp.com/wp-conten...Site-Map-1.pdf .... They just haven't been built yet. I get it that the simpletons of the forum can't get this, but the rest of you? Good grief

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910