Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 901 to 954 of 954

Thread: Currents of Windermere | Retail | Under Construction

  1. #901

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisnotmyuseridlol View Post
    Concept drawing of building 4, 7, 10, 11, 13, 19A and 20. The one looks like it could be ~6 stories tall.

    Concept for the Town Square, nice.




    http://harvard.ca/+pub/image/Currents_Whistler_WEB.pdf
    There's still this render of a 6 story building next to Home Envy. Looks like it could be residential.

  2. #902
    Plug C2E into my veins!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Edmonton, Alberta, Westwood
    Posts
    16,171

    Default

    Or hotel.

  3. #903
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    6,287

    Default

    Anyone know exactly where The Keg is going?

  4. #904

    Default

    It shows it in http://harvard.ca/+pub/image/Currents_Whistler_WEB.pdf between McDonalds and Wine & Beyond

  5. #905

    Default

    It's already under construction too.

  6. #906
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Edmonton area.
    Posts
    6,287

    Default

    Thanks

  7. #907

    Default

    Noticed on the Paramount Middle Eastern Cuisine website that they will be opening up a currents location. Didn't see anything on the currents website though.

    http://www.paramountfinefoodsalberta.com/locations/

  8. #908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ispec View Post
    Noticed on the Paramount Middle Eastern Cuisine website that they will be opening up a currents location. Didn't see anything on the currents website though.

    http://www.paramountfinefoodsalberta.com/locations/
    Went to the one on the North side yesterday, one of the employees mentioned that Windermere should be opened around June '17
    Last edited by Thisisnotmyuseridlol; 21-11-2016 at 10:26 AM.

  9. #909

    Default

    Confetti Sweets

    Attention south Edmonton cookie lovers. We need your help! We are considering moving the Terwillegar location (23rd ave and Rabbit Hill Road) to Windermere by the theatre. Which location is better for you? Terwillegar or Windermere. I'm really curious to hear your thoughts!

    https://www.facebook.com/confettiswe...type=3&theater

  10. #910

    Default

    Urban Village

    Building 12A & 12B (Phase I) attached to the south side of Cineplex (4 restaurants and 6 retail).




    Building 10 & 11 (total of 4 Restaurants).





    ^Notice the hotel / condo rendering.

  11. #911

  12. #912

    Default

    Anyone hear of any new proposed tenants for the currents or the hotel site next door to canadian tire?

  13. #913

    Default

    hotel site is dead. last I heard was AMA office sometime in the future.

  14. #914

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    hotel site is dead. last I heard was AMA office sometime in the future.
    So does that mean they're moving from the one on Gateway? Or is this going to be a smaller office?

  15. #915

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ispec View Post
    Anyone hear of any new proposed tenants for the currents or the hotel site next door to canadian tire?

    Last plans I saw for that sliver of a site was a gas bar, a indoor sky dive place and one other building.

  16. #916

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdmontonsKindaGuy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Medwards View Post
    hotel site is dead. last I heard was AMA office sometime in the future.
    So does that mean they're moving from the one on Gateway? Or is this going to be a smaller office?
    I dont even think the AMA plan is current and I don't have any more info.

  17. #917

    Default

    "....A planned expansion to a new space in Windermere (attached to the back of the Windermere movie theatre) has been delayed until late this year,"

    http://edmontonjournal.com/storyline...ar-shop-closes

  18. #918

  19. #919

    Default

    New map is out: http://harvard.ca/+pub/image/ICSCTor...20Brochure.pdf


    New - to the south of the theater:



    Looks like:





    Two new restaurants in the "Town Square":



    Looks like:



    EDIT: Took a guess at East Side Mario's ... its actually Nottingham Cigarette and Cigar - thx barhonda
    Last edited by Thisisnotmyuseridlol; 19-10-2017 at 04:52 PM.

  20. #920
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    City of Champions
    Posts
    7,281

    Default

    East Side Mario's would be nice to return to the area, not sure why all the Edmonton area ones closed (except St. Albert).

  21. #921
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Edmonton Downtown Core
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    East Side Mario's would be nice to return to the area, not sure why all the Edmonton area ones closed (except St. Albert).
    Because the food quality sucked and the concept sucked worse.

  22. #922
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    City of Champions
    Posts
    7,281

    Default

    Concept and food isn't much different than Olive Garden, I realize it isn't "real" Italian food. Judging by all of them closing at the same time it might have to do with the franchise holder having severe financial problems.

  23. #923
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Edmonton Downtown Core
    Posts
    4,433

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sundance View Post
    Concept and food isn't much different than Olive Garden, I realize it isn't "real" Italian food. Judging by all of them closing at the same time it might have to do with the franchise holder having severe financial problems.
    When you serve boxed macaroni crap, staff who would rather NOT be there, atmosphere that is cheesy - you get no customers = financial problems. I hope the chain is dead dead dead.

  24. #924
    C2E SME
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Downtown Edmonton
    Posts
    10,157

    Default

    heh, Olive Garden is horrible as well. Hence why it's so often used as an easy joke in movies, TV shows, stand-up acts and song lyrics.

  25. #925

    Default

    Just a guess at East Side Mario's, the logo is very pixelated .... could be something different

  26. #926

  27. #927

    Default

    Healthier than East Side Marios!
    Giving less of a damn than everů Can't laugh at the ignorant if you ignore them!

  28. #928
    C2E Hard Core Contributor
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Downtown
    Posts
    3,882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EdmTrekker View Post
    Because the food quality sucked and the concept sucked worse.


    No kidding.

    Years ago Top_Dawg and his ol' lady went to the one in the west end.

    So horrible it was laughable.

    Top_Dawg giggled when they recently ran those commercials pushing the ' order one entree and take one home free '.

    Fuq who would want one ?

  29. #929
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Terwillegar Towne
    Posts
    339

    Default

    Drove past one of those digital billboard signs in the West end earlier this week and saw an ad for New Asian Village that says "COMING SOON TO WINDERMERE". Not sure if where and when, but has anyone else seen this?

  30. #930
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Windermere
    Posts
    1,910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry_H View Post
    Drove past one of those digital billboard signs in the West end earlier this week and saw an ad for New Asian Village that says "COMING SOON TO WINDERMERE". Not sure if where and when, but has anyone else seen this?
    Awesome. We're lacking a good Indian restaurant down here.

  31. #931
    C2E Continued Contributor
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Windermere
    Posts
    1,910

  32. #932
    First One is Always Free
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I noticed that one of the new stores coming is called "Drinks & Beyond"...I'm surprised Wine & Beyond hasn't said anything about that

  33. #933
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Riverbend
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VGereluk View Post
    I noticed that one of the new stores coming is called "Drinks & Beyond"...I'm surprised Wine & Beyond hasn't said anything about that
    Probably because they're the same company ...

  34. #934
    First One is Always Free
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bornandraised View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VGereluk View Post
    I noticed that one of the new stores coming is called "Drinks & Beyond"...I'm surprised Wine & Beyond hasn't said anything about that
    Probably because they're the same company ...
    seems redundant to have two stores with basically the same name and concept in the same area is basically my point.

  35. #935

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VGereluk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bornandraised View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VGereluk View Post
    I noticed that one of the new stores coming is called "Drinks & Beyond"...I'm surprised Wine & Beyond hasn't said anything about that
    Probably because they're the same company ...
    seems redundant to have two stores with basically the same name and concept in the same area is basically my point.
    Like Liqour Barn and Liqour Depot? Usually power centres only have one liquor store due to zoning, I'm sure this was recently revised and it's good to see variety. Be really interesting to see the activity and traffic flow (all modes) in this area this coming summer.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

  36. #936

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenWhy? View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VGereluk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bornandraised View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VGereluk View Post
    I noticed that one of the new stores coming is called "Drinks & Beyond"...I'm surprised Wine & Beyond hasn't said anything about that
    Probably because they're the same company ...
    seems redundant to have two stores with basically the same name and concept in the same area is basically my point.
    Like Liqour Barn and Liqour Depot? Usually power centres only have one liquor store due to zoning, I'm sure this was recently revised and it's good to see variety. Be really interesting to see the activity and traffic flow (all modes) in this area this coming summer.
    There's also a Liquor Depot in the Walmart parking lot nearby. The third store in the Currents would indeed seem to indicate zoning has changed. I remember hearing that Superstore couldn't open a liquor store next to their Windemere Crossing store before because of a pre-existing liquor depot. Maybe they can open one now?

    The Drinks and Beyond website advertises buck a beer for River Valley beer. Do any of our resident beer aficionados (Top_Dawg?) know how good or bad it is?

  37. #937
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ustauk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenWhy? View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VGereluk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bornandraised View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by VGereluk View Post
    I noticed that one of the new stores coming is called "Drinks & Beyond"...I'm surprised Wine & Beyond hasn't said anything about that
    Probably because they're the same company ...
    seems redundant to have two stores with basically the same name and concept in the same area is basically my point.
    Like Liqour Barn and Liqour Depot? Usually power centres only have one liquor store due to zoning, I'm sure this was recently revised and it's good to see variety. Be really interesting to see the activity and traffic flow (all modes) in this area this coming summer.
    There's also a Liquor Depot in the Walmart parking lot nearby. The third store in the Currents would indeed seem to indicate zoning has changed. I remember hearing that Superstore couldn't open a liquor store next to their Windemere Crossing store before because of a pre-existing liquor depot. Maybe they can open one now?

    The Drinks and Beyond website advertises buck a beer for River Valley beer. Do any of our resident beer aficionados (Top_Dawg?) know how good or bad it is?
    The Liquor Depot beside Walmart is turning into a Drinks & Beyond. There is no new store opening. There is still a Liquor Depot next to Superstore as well. A Solo Liquor has opened on Ellerslie Rd south of Ambleside too. We are a very well served area.

    Also, River Valley has a handful of beers. Light, Ale, and Red I think. Tastes fine for cheap beer. Brewed by Big Rock I believe.

  38. #938

    Default

    liquor stores and pet food stores... gotta be room for a few more no?

  39. #939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GenWhy? View Post
    Be really interesting to see the activity and traffic flow (all modes) in this area this coming summer.

    What do you mean?

  40. #940

    Default

    Drinks and Beyond is having its grand opening today. They're advertising on CHED today. Said something about a $10 gift card and glass of sparkling wine if you get there before 6:00 PM. Maybe some of you southwesters can give us a report

  41. #941

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thisisnotmyuseridlol View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GenWhy? View Post
    Be really interesting to see the activity and traffic flow (all modes) in this area this coming summer.

    What do you mean?
    In reference to warmer weather (peak of people on foot and bike), more stores being open, and more residents in the area.
    Live and love... your neighbourhood.

  42. #942
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    254

    Default

    I thought the "Town Square" was suppose to have a water feature, a fountain or something... looks like they cheaped out. Also quiznos has a non pay of rent notice and is shut down and its going to be interesting to see what restaurant takes the old chilis spot, great location.

  43. #943
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Channing76 View Post
    I thought the "Town Square" was suppose to have a water feature, a fountain or something... looks like they cheaped out. Also quiznos has a non pay of rent notice and is shut down and its going to be interesting to see what restaurant takes the old chilis spot, great location.
    I've heard Blaze Pizza at the old Chili's. Is the town square finished? I know there are lights up, but not sure if it's still being worked on.

  44. #944

    Default

    The town square area hasn't even started yet. They put up some lights for the holidays.... but the area hasn't really started construction yet.

  45. #945

    Default

    Confirm - Blaze Pizza is going to the former Chili's location

    http://www.blazepizza.com/locations/...currents-drive

  46. #946

    Default

    ^No. I can 100% confirm Blaze is not going into the former Chili's. Blaze is going into another development in Currents. A project across from the theater entrance I believe. In that 'town square' thing.
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

  47. #947

    Default

    oh - the map on their website lead me to believe that. I stand corrected.

  48. #948

    Default

    Well that map on Blaze's site doesn't help much. No biggie.
    He who posteth too much, should moveth out of his parents basement and get a life.

  49. #949
    I'd rather C2E than work!
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Edmonton
    Posts
    6,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bpeters View Post
    ^No. I can 100% confirm Blaze is not going into the former Chili's. Blaze is going into another development in Currents. A project across from the theater entrance I believe. In that 'town square' thing.
    Oh sweet. I hope they have a small patio.

  50. #950

    Default

    Coming soon: Cyclebar, fitness centre. New to Edmonton; the only other Canadian location is in Toronto. Not sure where it’s going yet.

  51. #951

    Default

    Believe its going in the town square too

  52. #952

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BurritoBurger01 View Post
    Coming soon: Cyclebar, fitness centre. New to Edmonton; the only other Canadian location is in Toronto. Not sure where it’s going yet.

    Looks like its going next to Home Envy
    http://harvard.ca/+pub/document/2018...s_Brochure.pdf

  53. #953
    Becoming a C2E Power Poster
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Terwillegar Towne
    Posts
    339

    Default

    ^ Funny that they still have Chili's listed on the plans. Any ideas on what's going in there? And I'm guessing the plan for Milestones to go into the future Building 7 are gone now?

  54. #954

    Default

    Close to Currents (Rabbit Hill Center)

    https://freson.com/

    To construct a General Retail Store (Freson Bros.)
    Location: 5121 - MULLEN ROAD NW
    Plan 1325272 Blk 20 Lot 14

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •